Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-12-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Who's Your #2 Team??? [:-o>

Pretty sure I've seen threads like this before...just can't remember.
Simple question...all in good fun.

Almost everyone I know has their "FAVORITE TEAM" but sort of has some old feelings and secretly pulls for their "#2 Team."

Who is your #2 Team? Or do you have one? And why?

[Coincidentally...this has NOTHING to do with the Texans! Unless of course they ARE your #2 team.]

For me: #1-->Oilers (Sorry...but they always will be)

#2-->Texans

#3-->Bears

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's Your #2 Team??? [:-o>

don't have a #2 yet.....
Old 12-12-2006   #3
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Pretty sure I've seen threads like this before...just can't remember.

Simple question...all in good fun.

Almost everyone I know has their "FAVORITE TEAM" but sort of has some old feelings and secretly pulls for their "#2 Team."

Who is your #2 Team? Or do you have one? And why?

[Coincidentally...this has NOTHING to do with the Texans! Unless of course they ARE your #2 team.]

For me: #1-->Oilers (Sorry...but they always will be)

#2-->Texans

#3-->Bears

Ok LYB, when you say the "Oilers" are you including the Titans as well?

If you are not, I agree, I would say the Oilers before they became the Titans.

My second team would be the Texans.

My third team is whoever is playing against the Titans and the Colts.

Old 12-12-2006   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
So who's your #1?

Houston, everyone else I don't care about.
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Who's Your #2 Team??? [:-o>

I posted this on TexansTalk.

#2 Saints (TOTAL Bandwagon, you need ONE winning team every year! besides, great story, New Orleans, etc.)
#3 Browns
#4 Bengals
#5 Broncos (Lil_Red influence)
#5 Steelers

No number: Bears and Chargers, I like the way they play this year, exciting games.

I have not taken to Green Bay, Lil_Red's #2 team. I just don't like them, lol (except for AJ).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #6
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Since the Oilers don't exist anymore
1 Texans
2 Saints because they stomped on the Cowgirls but should've ran the score up more.
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Since you didn't say it HAD to be football, I'll break the norm and say...

Old 12-12-2006   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Houston Texans
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always liked the Saints #2 because they practiced at my school in San Antonio
Old 12-12-2006   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

#1-Texans
#2-saints/49ers

i do not watch saints games though, because it hurts me inside to see reggie bush, but i do like there team
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

#1 Texans
#2 Raiders (always was a fan of them back when Bo Jackson was runningback and the mean Howie Long was on defense. Fun team to watch).
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

#1 Houston (obviously)
#2 Carolina (they were an expansion team like us and I see alot of parallels, my fav NFC team if you will)
#3 San Diego (fun team to watch, good to see them transform from perrenial losers to being contenders, LT, and the powder blue jerseys)
Old 12-12-2006   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Texans
2. My Fantasy Football team
3. Da Bears
4. Whomever is playing the Cowgirls or ThumbTacks.(If they are playign each other, I cheer for the weather).

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #14
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
#1 Texans
#2 Raiders (always was a fan of them back when Bo Jackson was runningback and the mean Howie Long was on defense. Fun team to watch).
I'm with you about the Raiders T84...as far as football, it'd be Raiders...Jets...Saints.

Raiders, cause they ROCKED in the 70's...

Jets, do to Namath in the early years...

Saints, every since I was a kid and I thought their helmet emblem was cool...they just sorta stuck with me...
Old 12-12-2006   #15
sk8termom
Rookie

#1 Steelers
#2 Texans
Old 12-12-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Texans
2) Bengals (I've always thought Palmer was a very good QB)
3) Bears (Urlacher, do I need to say more?)
4) Saints (I liked them more back in the Sam Mills days)
5) Green Bay (Basically due to the football history)
Old 12-12-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I havent ever really decided on a #2.

Lately ive been favoring the Buccaneers as my #2 team. Other teams its been the Panthers, the Lions, and the Cardinals.

I havent ever really decided on a solid #2.. but I intend to make that choice eventually. The Saints have become really interesting to me, I mean its a great story, and they have some players there that I really respect.. but since they have Reggie Bush, I cannot in good conscious, support them as my second team.

The day Jerry Jones dies, the Cowboys may become my #2 guys.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #18
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the cheering and rooting for VY during the game, I thought for sure there would be people with the Titans as their #2 team. I guess they won't admit to it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the 49ers.
Old 12-12-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Giants, then Niners and Browns.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read