Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
skillz24
Rookie

Default 69.4% completition percentage leading the NFL

carr continues to prove that he is an NFL quarterback and has tremendous passing talent. 17-23 for 140 yards and upping his overall completion percentage to 69.4%, which leads the nfl.

look at the o-line we have. not even peyton manning could post numbers like this even without our line...

i saw give carr another year or two to show us what he has and what he is really worth. if we let him go, i guarentee that when he succeeds with a real line every person on this board will proclaim that they loved carr and he got a bum rap and we should have kept him...
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 69.4% completition percentage leading the NFL

Oh no you opened that can of worms again what were you thinking but yes I agree.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even I could complete some passes when I never attempt one farther than 3 yards in front of me.

Lets see something other than the dink and dunk, and then I'll be impressed.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz24 View Post
carr continues to prove that he is an NFL quarterback and has tremendous passing talent. 17-23 for 140 yards and upping his overall completion percentage to 69.4%, which leads the nfl.

look at the o-line we have. not even peyton manning could post numbers like this even without our line...

i saw give carr another year or two to show us what he has and what he is really worth. if we let him go, i guarentee that when he succeeds with a real line every person on this board will proclaim that they loved carr and he got a bum rap and we should have kept him...

The way Carr is passing..........I could complete 65% of my passes. Stop clicking on NFL.com and pulling up comp %. He throws 5 yard passes that defenses allow him to have. Its like playing pass and catch with my 5 year old nephew in the backyard. He is a #1 ovrl pick thats being paid 7 mil a year to be a difference maker and win games.....Not to be a QB that is content with a dump off of a 4 yard gain when you need ten..........sorry.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is going to get ugly...fast.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
Oh no you opened that can of worms again what were you thinking but yes I agree.
More like he opened the 23rd of a 24 pack - are you whack? You call dumping it off everytime without looking down field a good passing game?

Vince had a lot more yardage on just a few more throws and scoreboard to boot.

Yes - you need to dump Carr and start over - he's done except with taking your money for three more years...
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hooray for sarcasm. Your are a gentleman and a scholar sir.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
This thread is going to get ugly...fast.
Bubba Sparxxx...........Ugly......ugly.....in here, in here
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Highest Completion Percentage in NFL
Worst Won-Loss Percentage in history of NFL starting QBs of 3 or more seasons starting

any questions?
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
not even peyton manning could post numbers like this even without our line...
This is also a line that has been flown around here like a kite on labor day.

I would love to see Peyton Manning behind this line..........honestly
Old 12-11-2006   #11
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Highest Completion Percentage in NFL
Worst Won-Loss Percentage in history of NFL starting QBs of 3 or more seasons starting

any questions?
You gave them their answer - they are just too carr-headed to accept the truth!
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
This is also a line that has been flown around here like a kite on labor day.

I would love to see Peyton Manning behind this line..........honestly

Yeah! I can almost say that's almost as played out as QUOTE=Carr Bomb;533826 The way Carr is passing..........I could complete 65% of my passes. Stop clicking on NFL.com and pulling up comp %. He throws 5 yard passes that defenses allow him to have. Its like playing pass and catch with my 5 year old nephew in the backyard. He is a #1 ovrl pick thats being paid 7 mil a year to be a difference maker and win games.....Not to be a QB that is content with a dump off of a 4 yard gain when you need ten..........sorry.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

69.4% really oh that change my mind right there who cares if he only has one passing touchdown in the last 7 games. lets re up crr for another 7 years
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
LoneStarState
Veteran

69.4% is a cheap stat for 1 to 7 yd dump off passes. Carr no longer has the ability, if he ever had it, to be a franchise qb in the NFL. CFL maybe, but not the NFL.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState View Post
69.4% is a cheap stat for 1 to 7 yd dump off passes. Carr no longer has the ability, if he ever had it, to be a franchise qb in the NFL. CFL maybe, but not the NFL.

he was pretty good for fresno state it not easy rolling over the san jose states of the world.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Yeah! I can almost say that's almost as played out as QUOTE=Carr Bomb;533826 The way Carr is passing..........I could complete 65% of my passes. Stop clicking on NFL.com and pulling up comp %. He throws 5 yard passes that defenses allow him to have. Its like playing pass and catch with my 5 year old nephew in the backyard. He is a #1 ovrl pick thats being paid 7 mil a year to be a difference maker and win games.....Not to be a QB that is content with a dump off of a 4 yard gain when you need ten..........sorry.
Nice rebuttal there PAL

how about this..........

Quote:
Do you see how I can also gave no constructive response and then just post what you just typed.........again for those that didn't catch it

Quote:
nice argument, but you still didn't offer any argument how I was wrong........maybe the truth hurts..........hmm, I felt the same sting for 4 1/2 years
Old 12-12-2006   #17
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Nice rebuttal there PAL

how about this..........

Do you see how I can also gave no constructive response and then just post what you just typed.........again for those that didn't catch it

nice argument, but you still didn't offer any argument how I was wrong........maybe the truth hurts..........hmm, I felt the same sting for 4 1/2 years

Ok here's a better rebuttal;Once you have signed your pro contract to the 33rd pro NFL expansion team,in your 5th year you throw for 69% avg in week 14, I will gladly give you your trade papers for the team of your choice. How's that work for ya? I simply commented that the whole "I could pass for 69.4%" is about as played out as "not even Peyton Manning could do that behind this line." I for one am sure that I could not get that completion % behind any line period, but I am not a professional athlete and am not claiming to be one.
Old 12-12-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah and having the best completion percentage gets you automatic Ws too. Didn't you guys know that!?
Old 12-12-2006   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok here's a better rebuttal;Once you have signed your pro contract to the 33rd pro NFL expansion team,in your 5th year you throw for 69% avg in week 14, I will gladly give you your trade papers for the team of your choice. How's that work for ya? I simply commented that the whole "I could pass for 69.4%" is about as played out as "not even Peyton Manning could do that behind this line." I for one am sure that I could not get that completion % behind any line period, but I am not a professional athlete and am not claiming to be one.

First of all we're not the 33rd pro NFL expansion team, because there hasn't been 33 expansion teams.

Second I would gladly throw that high of a comp% especially when opponents are saying stuff like this "He throws 6- or 7-yard passes and completes a lot of them, but nothing to really stretch the defense. Nothing that will really hurt you." Carr entered the game leading the NFL with a 69.1 percent completion rate.

3rd. on the high percentage thing........its again not that hard to complete passes like that when teams allow you too......its called soft yards.....teams give you one thing and take away another.......teams give us that crap.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-12-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2006   #20
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
First of all we're not the 33rd pro NFL expansion team, because there hasn't been 33 expansion teams.

Second I would gladly throw that high of a comp% especially when opponents are saying stuff like this "He throws 6- or 7-yard passes and completes a lot of them, but nothing to really stretch the defense. Nothing that will really hurt you." Carr entered the game leading the NFL with a 69.1 percent completion rate.

3rd. on the high percentage thing........its again not that hard to complete passes like that whe teams allow you too......its called soft yards.....teams give you one thing and take away another.......teams give us that crap.

I know there are 32 current teams, David Carr being drafted to #32 Houston Texans. Soooooo....when you sign your pro contract with #33,see previous post.Second; You did not say you would gladly throw. You said "I could throw for"

3rd Just because he has a good completion % doesn't mean I think he's a great QB. It just so happens that he has beat 31 other starting Qb's in this one respect. Big deal! You think he would'nt want to trade it for say Leading the league in TD passes?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read