Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "The absolute LAST POST ABOUT CARR/MARIO/BUSH/VY

Here's The Deal.

We Did Not Draft Vince Because Kub Honestly Felt He Could Teach Carr Into Being A Quality Nfl Qb.

We Did Not Draft Bush Because We Had A Quality/proven Rb With Davis Who Had Just Signed A Contract Extension.

We Drafted Mario Because We Needed Defensive Help In The Worst Way.

Eight Months Later.......carr To Date Is Not Developing Into The Leader He Hoped For, Davis Is Gone For The Year And Maybe Not Coming Back, Mario Is Playing Well Despite A Bad Foot.

If Kubiak Had A Crystal Ball, Would He Have Drafted Differently?
Maybe So. These Guys Make The Best Decision They Can Based On What The Team Needs And What They Have To Start With. If Davis Was Healthy And Carr Was Making Great Progress, He Looks Like A Genius. When Mario Was Picked, Everyone Screamed For Bush. When Bush Was Struggling And Mario Started Playing Well, Everyone Loved Mario. Now That Carr Is Struggling And Vince Is Playing Well, Everyone Wants Vince. Hmmmmm...........pretty Easy To Make Those Choices After The Fact. Let's Say You Want To Buy The Fastest Car In The World But Can Only Choose From A Picture. Well, You Buy It But It's Not The Fastest. It Just Looked Fast In The Picture. Does That Make You An *****? Nope, You Just Made The Best Decision You Could........

Ok, All Better Now. No More Constant Rehashing Of Carr And The Draft. If Carr Doesn't Show Great Improvement These Last Three Games, Then I'm Sure He'll Be Holding A Clipboard Or Playing Somewhere Else. And Next Season, Kubiak Will Again Make The Best Decision He Can......
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "The absolute LAST POST ABOUT CARR/MARIO/BUSH/VY

read the sig, I've been saying that we should've went with Vince.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

You can also add that we didnt go with Bush because he's too much of a RB/WR tweener rather than a pure RB.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak probably would have taken Leinart (or even Cutler) over Young if he was going to take any QB, for a variety of reasons.
Old 12-11-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak probably would have taken Leinart (or even Cutler) over Young if he was going to take any QB, for a variety of reasons.
I would have my money on Cutler. Leinart, just like Young, was surrounded by first round talent and considerable offensive lines. As for Cutler.... he made plays on a team that was notorious for a terrible O-line even though he took hits play after play.

Cutler would have been perfect for this team (compared to the players available) and he can also throw the ball deep.
Old 12-11-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Like his mentor, I bet his prefererence would have been Cutler. And remember, besides having the strongest arm of the 3 he can run but Leinert can't.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Like his mentor, I bet his prefererence would have been Cutler. And remember, besides having the strongest arm of the 3 he can run but Leinert can't.
You obviously haven't watched Leinart. Even though he isn't a sprinter... he moves around in the pocket better than all three. Where he won't scramble forward, he is extremely good at moving up and out of the pocket while rolling out... watch him in Arizona and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

He is very mobile, just not speedy.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
texaslifter
Veteran

Oh my god I can't even read the post. You don't have to capitalize the first letter of every word....
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Sorry to get off topic and I am really not taking a shot at you ... but I sincerely want to know - is there a program that you get that puts capital letters at the beginning of every single word? Or do you do it manually? If there's a program, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to get it. TIA.
Old 12-11-2006   #10
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post
Oh my god I can't even read the post. You don't have to capitalize the first letter of every word....
Cap lock was on.......didn't know it would do that.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
fhlh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
We Did Not Draft Bush Because We Had A Quality/proven Rb With Davis Who Had Just Signed A Contract Extension.
ya... talk about legal theft.
who is the trainer for this team anyway?
fhlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
jhowie007
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jhowie007 Send a message via Yahoo to jhowie007
Default Isn't There a Lemon Law in TX? Get Rid of the Carr!!!!!!!

I have always tried to defend Carr up until this season. After what I have seen over the past few games though, I am just convinced that Carr is a bust. I was hoping that Kubiack could turn him around, but I can see it in Kubiacks face that he has no faith in Carr. Carr is not a leader. Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.

Carr is a turd and you can't polish a turd. Lets face the fact, he is a bust.

Also, if the Texans have no way of throwing the ball to Andre Johnson, then trade him because he useless to a team that does not have the capability of using him. Sure would have been nice throwing these little 5 yard passes to Reggie. Us fans are the real losers here. We have paid a lot of money to watch nothing but bad football. Oakland vs Houston (The Bozo Bowl) was the worst NFL game I have ever seen in my life. TN vs Houston has solidified the fact that the Texans are the laughing stalk of the NFL. If Carr is back again next year, I will sell my season tickets.
jhowie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Yep I posted that last year.

You obviously haven't watched Leinart. Even though he isn't a sprinter... he moves around in the pocket better than all three. Where he won't scramble forward, he is extremely good at moving up and out of the pocket while rolling out... watch him in Arizona and you will see exactly what I am talking about.He is very mobile, just not speedy.

Yeah well
, all that moblity has kept Zona in the lead for the Joe Thomas sweeps. He's as fast as Joe Willie Nameth pre injury...I'll give you that. If Green is sitll in charge, he'll be drafting o-lineman early and often to protect 'ole speedy Gonzales. I did and you're....... over estimating.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Isn't There a Lemon Law in TX? Get Rid of the Carr!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowie007 View Post
I have always tried to defend Carr up until this season. After what I have seen over the past few games though, I am just convinced that Carr is a bust. I was hoping that Kubiack could turn him around, but I can see it in Kubiacks face that he has no faith in Carr. Carr is not a leader. Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.

Carr is a turd and you can't polish a turd. Lets face the fact, he is a bust.

Also, if the Texans have no way of throwing the ball to Andre Johnson, then trade him because he useless to a team that does not have the capability of using him. Sure would have been nice throwing these little 5 yard passes to Reggie. Us fans are the real losers here. We have paid a lot of money to watch nothing but bad football. Oakland vs Houston (The Bozo Bowl) was the worst NFL game I have ever seen in my life. TN vs Houston has solidified the fact that the Texans are the laughing stalk of the NFL. If Carr is back again next year, I will sell my season tickets.

Love these self full filling posts. Put'em up on ebay big guy. DC's not going anywhere next year. Now you want to help Uncle Bob out with the sixteen million onthe contract, I'm sure he'll take the call.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sorry to get off topic and I am really not taking a shot at you ... but I sincerely want to know - is there a program that you get that puts capital letters at the beginning of every single word? Or do you do it manually? If there's a program, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to get it. TIA.
If you type in all caps it does that since we have a all caps disabler.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
MrLizardTX
Veteran

Default Re: Isn't There a Lemon Law in TX? Get Rid of the Carr!!!!!!!

If the Texans had won the toss and Mathis run the kick off back for a TD, would Carr be a better quarterback today? He made plays to get the Texans in position to tie the game Sunday. The only thing he was guilty of was not being Vince Young. This is year 1 of the David Carr Reclimation Project. It took 3 years for Kubiak to turn Jake Plummer into a Pro Bowler, with an above average running game. As far as the line, run blocking is different from pass blocking. D Davis ran for over 3000 yards while Carr took a beating. So, go ahead and drop your tickets. I'll pick them up.
MrLizardTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #17
GrandPa
Rookie

The Texans had the #1 pick, two true potential franchise players to choose from one being home grown and they get neither...

Won't be as bad as taking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, and Derrick Thomas...but it might come close

You can forgive the passing on Young for Bush, but to pass on them both for Mario is going to be an albatros around the club for a long time. Even if Mario is the second coming of Reggie White.

From a purely marketing prospective, its a forgone conclusion its a disaster. Mario has about zero cache or personality. He'll need to perform significantly better then either Bush or especially Young to make up for that shortcoming.

Vince is already achieving folk hero status in Houston. Had he been picked, the fan support would have been through the roof. Houston blew this one when they picked up Carr's option.
Drafting Mario #1 was a huge blunder
GrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
brncoz1fan
Rookie

Angry Re: Isn't There a Lemon Law in TX? Get Rid of the Carr!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowie007 View Post
Also, if our offensive line sux so bad, then how in the world is Ron Dayne rushing for almost 100 yards and averaging 5.3 yards per carry? Ron Dayne is not that good of a running back.
UH???? Never in all my years of watching and following professional sports have I run across such a group of moronic, pathetic "fans" as I have on the Houston Texans message boards.
brncoz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If you type in all caps it does that since we have a all caps disabler.
Ahh! Thanks!
Old 12-11-2006   #20
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Doubt it - these threads will be rehased afeter every loss - so get ready for a steady diet of VY/Bush Support over the next several years - that's how far of a setback this club has taken itself with ignorant personnel decisions - starting with the Tony Biselli acqusition and going thru this year's draft...
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read