Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2006   #1
T_Guru
Rookie

Default VIDEO: Young's Teammates Comment on VY

THIRD ONE FROM THE LEFT
This isn't meant to rub it in to those that this bothers. I know that there are still a bunch of Young fans here that are really going to like this video.

I never would imagine that a rookie could command this much respect and adulation.

Last edited by T_Guru; 12-11-2006 at 06:41 PM.
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: VIDEO: Young's Teammates Comment on VY

wow.....nothing more I can say, but....wow.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say he is a leader. Look at the upper right hand corner - he's got Wand (72) walking on air.

Revenge is sweet x 2.

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photo...e/DSC_1039.JPG
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Make that times 3 - Robaire Smith (96) looks pumped too.
Old 12-12-2006   #5
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Default What Carr lacks, check out the video.

Check out this video of the post game

See how the players talked about VY, this is what Carr lacks...

The video is on the right titled "Titans sing VY praise's"

http://newschannel5.com/Global/categ...&nav=menu374_5
Old 12-12-2006   #6
texaslifter
Veteran

Default Re: What Carr lacks, check out the video.

Man, that kid is so special. I don't understand how anyone could have passed on him after the Rose Bowl. WHAT THE ******* IS WRONG WITH OUR FRONT OFFICE?!!?!
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #7
TNTitan
Veteran

[quote]The You may have totally missed it award goes to ... Vince Young, who dashed 39 yards for a thrilling game-winning overtime touchdown against the Texans. Turns out Young burned his hometown team Sunday in more ways than one. Think Houston regrets committing to quarterback David Carr, picking defensive end Mario Williams No. 1 overall in April, and passing on two of the most transcendent talents to enter the NFL in years? This is why the Texans are years away from contention.[/QUOTE]

ouch

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6262774
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Runner you are converted too!!!!
Converted is a little much. I do freely admit that I didn't think Young's stellar college game would translate well into the NFL. It is early in his career and everyone will know more in another 2-3 seasons, but initial returns are positive. He'll probably exceed my expectations of an average NFL career. New evidence can actually change the thinking person's mind sometimes.

To me the big worry for him now is that he gets injured and he loses some of his explosiveness. If he rounds out his passing game before this happens he'll be in good shape.
Old 12-12-2006   #9
Orion
Rookie

amazing...absolutely amazing
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Converted is a little much. I do freely admit that I didn't think Young's stellar college game would translate well into the NFL. It is early in his career and everyone will know more in another 2-3 seasons, but initial returns are positive. He'll probably exceed my expectations of an average NFL career. New evidence can actually change the thinking person's mind sometimes.

To me the big worry for him now is that he gets injured and he loses some of his explosiveness. If he rounds out his passing game before this happens he'll be in good shape.
In my opinion...the only reason a player as talented as Vince Young would not translate to the NFL is if he did not have enough heart or determination. And Vince Young obviously has enough of both.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

OK. I'm going to have a little bit of a VY discussion and hope it doesn't swirl down the toilet. Wish me luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In my opinion...the only reason a player as talented as Vince Young would not translate to the NFL is if he did not have enough heart or determination. And Vince Young obviously has enough of both.
The reason I was unsure of Young's NFL potential wasn't because of heart and determination - he obviously had that. It wasn't so much the talent either - he could throw adequately for college (although he still needs to improve that part of his game in the NFL) and he can certainly run well. For lack of a better term I will say my concern was over his unorthodox style. Sometimes uniqueness doesn't transition well.

As a kid I watched Archie Griffin win two Heismans and then not do much in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he had talent and determination, his game just didn't scale up to the NFL.
Old 12-12-2006   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he looks pretty loose before games...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5bLlzaLdO1g
I just imagined Carr dancing around like that listening to Lil Flip or Chamillionaire. Maybe some Dr. Dre or 2Pac since hes a California boy.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans players were talking about during that last drive he was making jokes in the huddle. So much in fact that David Stewart, our right tackle, had to tell him to get serious.

That's pretty cool.
Old 12-12-2006   #14
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he looks pretty loose before games...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5bLlzaLdO1g
He may be loose, but he sure shatters a myth about certain people and rythm.
Old 12-12-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

OK Guru, thanks for the contribution. Enjoyed the flics.
Yea, the ole Budster probably all full of himself 'bout now. But really he's
got a right to be. As I recall, his coach wanted to take Leinert but he
persoanally made the call on VY ?
Dang, between the Titans pick of VY and what they did to us on the Babin
Draft Day trade a couple years ago, they are cleaning our clocks in these
college Drafts.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
OK. I'm going to have a little bit of a VY discussion and hope it doesn't swirl down the toilet. Wish me luck.

The reason I was unsure of Young's NFL protential wasn't because of heart and determination - he obviously had that. It wasn't so much the talent either - he could throw adequately for college (although he still needs to improve that part of his game in the NFL) and he can certainly run well. For lack of a better term I will say my concern was over his unorthodox style. Sometimes uniqueness doesn't transition well.

As a kid I watched Archie Griffin win two Heismans and then not do much in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he had talent and determination, his game just didn't scale up to the NFL.
I just figured he was so determined to be a great player that he'd get there.

These things are so hard to predict.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #17
T_Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
OK Guru, thanks for the contribution. Enjoyed the flics.
Yea, the ole Budster probably all full of himself 'bout now. But really he's
got a right to be. As I recall, his coach wanted to take Leinert but he
persoanally made the call on VY ?
Dang, between the Titans pick of VY and what they did to us on the Babin
Draft Day trade a couple years ago, they are cleaning our clocks in these
college Drafts.
Well, the bright side is that you guys had a heck of a draft this year and are headed down the right path. I think you guys DID get the right coach in there for the job but you just have a quarterback who's afraid to push the ball. Maybe that's something that can be tweaked or maybe you replace him. I think that Carr has the ability to get it done but I just think it would be best for both parties to move on. You're also in good cap shape and are looking at a better record this year with a younger team.

This rivalry is going to be really fun here in a couple of years when we're battling it out for first.

Of course, this is an outsider's perspective so I apologize if I'm off base.
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read