Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Salary Cap Question

What are the salary cap implications of Carr's contract?

If he stays.

If the Texans trade him next year,

or the year next.

I've heard varying things, and do not know enough to sort out the truth.
Old 12-11-2006   #2
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

Default Re: Salary Cap Question

the texans are going to stick with carr until the end... too many people would look horrible of they have up on him.. think about it.. especially with vy playing like that.... oh man, the trrrrrrrrrravesty...
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure where HPF is getting their data, but they have 2.006m allocated for 2006 and 2007, which would mean 4m is on 2008. If he is on the roster next year he costs us 7.25 for 2007. If we cut him he will cost us 6 million and we can defer most if it.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap2007.html

In my opinion, he is gone.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that he is gone. Kubiak's "I dont care who you are or how much you make" policy will - for once - include Carr this offseason. Doing any thing other than parting ways with Carr is just delaying the inevitable and setting the team back further. I don't even believe it matters what the cap implications are with Carr ... he won't be here next year.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see it going both ways (Carr staying vs. leaving). It's too early to tell, and Kubiak plays his cards close to his chest.
Old 12-11-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Keith at HPF and aj are the two single best cap people in our little Texans fan universe - either one probably have a good breakdown.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Not sure where HPF is getting their data, but they have 2.006m allocated for 2006 and 2007, which would mean 4m is on 2008. If he is on the roster next year he costs us 7.25 for 2007. If we cut him he will cost us 6 million and we can defer most if it.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap2007.html

In my opinion, he is gone.
Man! I'm starting to get my hopes up. My only question is: would Kubiak have the authority to make the QB decision? Or would it have to come from Bob? It has been said that Kubiak got the job by choosing DC as the QB. I hope it's Kubiaks decision. I think he can be a good coach for the Texans and I don't want DC to be the downfall of his job.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Man! I'm starting to get my hopes up. My only question is: would Kubiak have the authority to make the QB decision? Or would it have to come from Bob? It has been said that Kubiak got the job by choosing DC as the QB. I hope it's Kubiaks decision. I think he can be a good coach for the Texans and I don't want DC to be the downfall of his job.
Are you kidding me? Bob McNair is probably begging Kubiak to spread some football knowledge onto this organization. He is a business man...he will listen to the right people...he isn't JJ.

Who told Bob it was ok for him to sign Carr to an extension anyway? Charlie Casserly and Dan Reeves?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Are you kidding me? Bob McNair is probably begging Kubiak to spread some football knowledge onto this organization. He is a business man...he will listen to the right people...he isn't JJ.

Who told Bob it was ok for him to sign Carr to an extension anyway? Charlie Casserly and Dan Reeves?
Who knows for sure? Do you? The reason I asked the question was because it has been said that Kubiak got the job because he agreed to keep Carr.
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Who knows for sure? Do you? The reason I asked the question was because it has been said that Kubiak got the job because he agreed to keep Carr.
From what I've heard everyone that was Interviewed said yes DC was the player they would keep as QB.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
It wasn't an extension, it was a team option. Carr met performance milestones in his 1st 4 year which let him exercise his option to become an UFA. The team had prenegotiated two buyback clauses--one for $5.5 mil in bonus for 2 years and one for $8 mil in bonus for 3 years. They exercised the latter.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm also asking the question...although it may seem like I am being sarcastic or what not.

I doubt Kubiak was hired because of Carr.

If I had to guess who's idea it was to exercize the 8 mil option (thank you cak) I'd say it was Casserly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
kingh99

Quote:

I completely disagree. I feel this fellow McNair is all about consensus building, after he's made up his mind. Dig? Was Kubiak the guy to ask in an interview if they should keep Carr? Sure if you knew the answer you wanted to hear. Carr probably never gave McNair one single minute of worry during his time here. I'm sure McNair was of the opinion he didn't have a chance to succeed because of the dearth of talent. Kubiak would not have gotten this job if he would have said no, Carr's not the way. But he wouldn't have done that for Bush or VY because a first year coach wants a yessir DE not a guy with an entourage or -T after his name. McNair hired Kubes before VY choose to go pro. Mr. McNair is truly a troubled owner at this point. His luck is as non-existent as his gut.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read