Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Next Year's QB

Everyone is talking Plummer, Kolb, etc. What about Sage Rosenfels? I thought he looked great in the second half at Tennessee. The league has several QB's who were backups for awhile then came into their own - names like Tony Romo, Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme come to mind. I am really sorry he got hurt as these last three games would give us an opportunity to see what he has got. It couldn't be any worse -
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next Year's QB

It is my belief that offensive line and the running game must be addressed first because without that in this offense, you get nada from any QB that goes back there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
DenverBorn
Veteran

fine but i don't think we need to use a top 3 round pick on a QB.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

I hope next year Sage is back and given a chance at the starting job.
I've seen a few interviews w/coaches and other players that say Sage is a true leader and players gravitate toward him b/c of his competitiveness and field general-type qualities.
If not Sage, i hope we can get someone else in here like maybe a Jeff Garcia, or Jake Plummer even. Mabye even Culpepper if he's booted out of Miami since the Piano-man Mr. Harrington seems to have the controls now.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

If Smith or Quinn is available we should take them, we need a QB. Sage looked decent in his playing time, but I'm not sold on him being our franchise QB.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If we go into 2007 with Sage Rosenthals or David Carr as our starter without a rookie in place, I will be angry, to say the least.
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
It couldn't be any worse -
This team never fails to amaze me.......
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Jake Plummer!!! I'll take Jake Plummer trying to hard and screwing up because he is trying hard over David Carr's "Let's run out the clock" attitude any day.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Rightnow
Veteran

Even if we do draft a new QB I doubt that he will start. That means that either Carr (most likely) or Sage will be the starter. If we bring Jake Plummer here we won't draft a QB for a couple of years as he won't come under those circumstances. He just lost his starting job to a rookie.
Old 12-11-2006   #10
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
It is my belief that offensive line and the running game must be addressed first because without that in this offense, you get nada from any QB that goes back there.
I'll second that opinion. We need some talent on the O-line. Everything on the offense feeds off of that.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
D-Rob23
Veteran

Matt Schaub

Old 12-11-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
Jake Plummer!!! I'll take Jake Plummer trying to hard and screwing up because he is trying hard over David Carr's "Let's run out the clock" attitude any day.
I'll turn in my Texans fan card if we get Plummer.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Byron Leftwich, Billy Volek, Vinny Testeverde, Kerry Collins.... it doesn't matter who it is. Just get Carr out of here no matter what it takes. The guy is stunting the growth of everyone around him. He is a cancer.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rob23 View Post
Matt Schaub

YES!! matt schaub. quinn doesn't play well vs good defenses and ND is a joke. quinn will get killed by the LSU defense. troy smith is not a good nfl type qb. don't let the heisman fol you. great college player but will struggle in the nfl.

draft a qb in the later rounds. russell if avaiilable, brohn, stanton etc.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Byron Leftwich, Billy Volek, Vinny Testeverde, Kerry Collins.... it doesn't matter who it is. Just get Carr out of here no matter what it takes. The guy is stunting the growth of everyone around him. He is a cancer.
Jeff George.
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Jeff George.

AGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
AGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Chris Simms.
Old 12-11-2006   #18
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

It's either Plummer or Rosenfels. If Kubiak has is way then Carr is gone, no doubt.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Chris Simms.
Just not Jeff George....Never trust a man with 2 first names!
Old 12-11-2006   #20
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
AGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
That's the sound I made before I even saw your post.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read