Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My email to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

I decided it was best to go directly to the horses mouth (where did that expression come from anyway) and contact the Texans myself. I called them this morning and then sent the below email. I encourage all of you to send them your feedback as well, whatever that feedback is. We are all Texans and the organization should know how we feel. If you really feel strongly about you beliefs, and want something done, take a few minutes and let them know. You can reach them by email at fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

December 11, 2006

To whom it may concern:

My name is Ashley Ashna, and I am a PSL holder. I am writing to convey my complete displeasure with this franchise. I hate the fact that I can't turn on the television, pick up a newspaper, turn on a radio, or just talk to someone without be ridiculed as a Houston Texans fan. When I spent $4200 in PSL fees and then $1500 a season for my tickets, I never envisioned this is the way I'd be spending my money.

Regardless of what the reason/s may be, it is time for David Carr to leave the Houston Texans. It is clear he has lost the confidence of his coach, fans, and it appears he has lost his own confidence. With 53 seconds left in the game, Kubiak asked Carr what he thought...go for it or run out the clock and go into overtime. Carr's response was, "it's up to you coach."

I want a QB who wants the ball and an opportunity to win, not one who shies away from the challenge. Maybe he is afraid to fail, maybe he doesn't think he can do it. One thing I believe is that a true leader, whoever you think that may be, would not have deferred the choice back to the coach, he would have said, "I want to do it, put the ball in my hands." Maybe this was a test from Kubiak to see if his qb would rise to the challenge; to check Carr's own confidence in his ability. Maybe Kubiak wanted Carr to make the choice as the leader of this football team. If it was, then Carr failed, and Kubiak made the right choice not to put the game in Carr's hands. It is finally clear to me that David Carr is no leader on the football field.

It is time for the Texans to listen to what their fans are truly saying and I am not talking about what type of concessions we want, or if we want the roof open. We as fans spend millions of dollars collectively on this team, our voices should be heard. It is advisable that you all check out the official Houston Texans message board and listen to your fans. . . You are losing many Texans fans by the day, all over the state; fans that have been with this team since day one. There are many smart fans on that board with great football knowledge and have shown they can make better choices than the previous Texans regime. . . they surely couldn't do any worse.

One more point I want to bring up. At the game yesterday, the player introductions were not done. Many fans and members of the media are saying the reason the introduction weren't done is because the Texans didn't want Carr or Mario to get booed or for Young to get a massive round of applause. If this is the case, and God I hope it isn't, then this is the most cowardly P.R. move I have ever seen. The Houston Texans are a big organization and should have to stand with accountability regarding the decisions they make. Fans pay good money to go to what have been lousy and miserable games, and have the right to show their displeasure. If we are allowed to cheer when you all do something great, then we should be allowed to boo if we are unhappy. Player introductions are a tradition (one of the few we have) and the decision to have them or not have them should not be based off if the organization is going to receive the desired outcome. If that is the case, maybe we as Texans fans should stop attending games, because we surely aren't getting the desired outcome of what we want (wins).

I am not a fair weather fan, or bandwagon fan. I am a true Texans fan and that is why I am taking the time to write this letter. I will be here until I either die, or this team is moved. However, that does not mean I will support mediocrity or incompetent decision making. I am proud to be a Houston Texans, but I am embarrassed at the consistent blunders this organization and it's players continue to make.

Please show some level of accountability and make changes to this abysmal team.

Sincerely,

Ashley Ashna
Texans Pride on the Houston Texans official message board.

P.S. You all should send a special thank you to Vinny and his moderator team for cleaning up all of the garbage on the message board that has been created due to this team's decision making. They really do a great job of keeping it well maintained and bearable to be a part of.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
Mayor_McCheese
Rookie

Default Re: My email to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

I have a feeling this is where your email went

Mayor_McCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice letter and post Ashley. Rep sent your way...
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: My email to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

rep for that Ash
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
I decided it was best to go directly to the horses mouth (where did that expression come from anyway) and contact the Texans myself. I called them this morning and then sent the below email. I encourage all of you to send them your feedback as well, whatever that feedback is. We are all Texans and the organization should know how we feel. If you really feel strongly about you beliefs, and want something done, take a few minutes and let them know. You can reach them by email at fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

December 11, 2006

To whom it may concern:

My name is Ashley Ashna, and I am a PSL holder. I am writing to convey my complete displeasure with this franchise. I hate the fact that I can't turn on the television, pick up a newspaper, turn on a radio, or just talk to someone without be ridiculed as a Houston Texans fan. When I spent $4200 in PSL fees and then $1500 a season for my tickets, I never envisioned this is the way I'd be spending my money.

Regardless of what the reason/s may be, it is time for David Carr to leave the Houston Texans. It is clear he has lost the confidence of his coach, fans, and it appears he has lost his own confidence. With 53 seconds left in the game, Kubiak asked Carr what he thought...go for it or run out the clock and go into overtime. Carr's response was, "it's up to you coach."

I want a QB who wants the ball and an opportunity to win, not one who shies away from the challenge. Maybe he is afraid to fail, maybe he doesn't think he can do it. One thing I believe is that a true leader, whoever you think that may be, would not have deferred the choice back to the coach, he would have said, "I want to do it, put the ball in my hands." Maybe this was a test from Kubiak to see if his qb would rise to the challenge; to check Carr's own confidence in his ability. Maybe Kubiak wanted Carr to make the choice as the leader of this football team. If it was, then Carr failed, and Kubiak made the right choice not to put the game in Carr's hands. It is finally clear to me that David Carr is no leader on the football field.

It is time for the Texans to listen to what their fans are truly saying and I am not talking about what type of concessions we want, or if we want the roof open. We as fans spend millions of dollars collectively on this team, our voices should be heard. It is advisable that you all check out the official Houston Texans message board and listen to your fans. . . You are losing many Texans fans by the day, all over the state; fans that have been with this team since day one. There are many smart fans on that board with great football knowledge and have shown they can make better choices than the previous Texans regime. . . they surely couldn't do any worse.

One more point I want to bring up. At the game yesterday, the player introductions were not done. Many fans and members of the media are saying the reason the introduction weren't done is because the Texans didn't want Carr or Mario to get booed or for Young to get a massive round of applause. If this is the case, and God I hope it isn't, then this is the most cowardly P.R. move I have ever seen. The Houston Texans are a big organization and should have to stand with accountability regarding the decisions they make. Fans pay good money to go to what have been lousy and miserable games, and have the right to show their displeasure. If we are allowed to cheer when you all do something great, then we should be allowed to boo if we are unhappy. Player introductions are a tradition (one of the few we have) and the decision to have them or not have them should not be based off if the organization is going to receive the desired outcome. If that is the case, maybe we as Texans fans should stop attending games, because we surely aren't getting the desired outcome of what we want (wins).

I am not a fair weather fan, or bandwagon fan. I am a true Texans fan and that is why I am taking the time to write this letter. I will be here until I either die, or this team is moved. However, that does not mean I will support mediocrity or incompetent decision making. I am proud to be a Houston Texans, but I am embarrassed at the consistent blunders this organization and it's players continue to make.

Sincerely,

Ashley Ashna

P.S. You all should send a special thank you to Vinny and his moderator team for cleaning up all of the garbage on the message board that has been created due to this team's decision making. They really do a great job of keeping it well maintained and bearable to be a part of.

I feel for you. I didn't buy PSL's but I supported the team with 3 season tickets this year on the assumption they would at least have a playmaker. But then McNair couldn't get the deal done so we settled. And blocked getting an even better player than Bush thus compounding an earlier error in judgement, taking an unproven rookie to QB your new team.
Old 12-11-2006   #6
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
I have a feeling this is where your email went

Nope, that is where that hotdog I ate during the 1st quarter went. Cleared out the whole restroom...
Old 12-11-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I resisted the urge to stop reading about three sentences in and as much as I think you are scapegoating Carr, I respect the way your letter was written.

However and for the record, I'm not sure if I'd rather Carr had said gimme the ball there or not. If the coaches are incompetent, then fire them. If not, then it is better that the players respect and defer to their judgment.

Which was Carr's true motivation? Of course everyone here says he's merely a coward, but it's not such a stretch to imagine that he was in fact putting the team above himself in that moment, in deferring to his coaches. If he had said give me the ball and turned it over, everyone here would be screaming for his head for being selfish or inept. And who here really believes any QB perhaps outside of Peyton Manning would get his team 93 yards in 53 seconds -- or even half of that for a field goal? Who here would really go for it with a tie game and your back to the end zone, on any team? Be realistic.

Carr's damned if he does and damned if he don't. And I don't see anyone here berating Vince the Champion of the Ages for not demanding the ball on 4th and whatever when they settled for a punt to give us the ball back with :53 to go. People expect Carr to challenge conventional football wisdom when it's much less of a stretch to expect Jason Babin to make a tackle or Richard Smith to run a spy just once on Vince.

So while I respect the messenger for your delivery, Ashley, I still have to disagree with the message.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He's won some games, too, hasn't he?

You act as if he fails every time he touches the ball.

AJ dropped a TD pass. Shouldn't he be fired, too?

Sorry...I think you are looking for a scape goat. The real reason for our team's depression was fired the day after he coached the final regular season game last season.

IMO, you're reaching for a straw. Maybe you should just not go to the games anymore?

Where do people get off thinking that they can hold the money they CHOSE to spend over someone else's head like this?

Make a responsible decision and just don't renew your tickets, etc.

And ask Joey Harrington how it feels to finally be on a team who has a good head coach and management. We're getting there. Don't panic.
Old 12-11-2006   #9
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post

Sorry...I think you are looking for a scape goat. The real reason for our team's depression was fired the day after he coached the final regular season game last season.

IMO, you're reaching for a straw. Maybe you should just not go to the games anymore?

Where do people get off thinking that they can hold the money they CHOSE to spend over someone else's head like this?

And ask Joey Harrington how it feels to finally be on a team who has a good head coach and management. We're getting there. Don't panic.
I keep seeing this, but from what I saw, it was a poorly thrown ball that AJ had to fight through two defenders to try and catch. Carr put too much air under it, which gave the defenders time to catch up.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Good job, well written. I sure hope it doesn't end up in the sh!tter.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Wow Texans Pride, I thought you were the guy,....no idea that you were a female...

After reading that letter all I can say is wow! True words have never been spoken. I hope Bob McNair reads that letter and nails it to his office to remind him of the displeasure of the fans. We deserve better, it is a shame that we have to be embarrased to say " Im a Texans fans" and have people ridicule us for having faith on this team. It is even more sad for the people who invest thousands of dollars into this organization, they do not deserve it.

This reminds me of people who go back to their girl/boyfriends after their partners have cheated on them. They just never learn. Hope the Texans can learn and make the right decisions in the future. Up to this point this team has been the laughing stock of the NFL. Al Michaels and Dick V embarrased the Texans organization and they deserve it. Hope they learn, hope they learn. What coulda shoulda woulda been is now what this organization has left.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Ashley Ashna. What a cool name.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post

December 11, 2006

To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,

Ashley Ashna

one of the best posts I have ever read on this message board. kudos to you ash.

dougftw
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post

Its not looking for a scapegoat. Carr saying "its up to you coach", speaks volumes about his level of competitiveness. He's not a franchise QB, but he sure as hell gets paid like one. QBs that make that kind of money, don't say "its up to you coach" QBs that get paid that kind of money get paid that kind of money to win games. QBs that get paid that kind of money get paid to be a game winner not a game manager. Carr manages games thats it, he doesn't win them. If he was the QB of the bears they would probably win the superbowl, because he won't make mistakes.

At 7 mil a year, he's not cutting it. We could bring in a seasoned vet and get the same results for a hellava lot cheaper. Which is exactly what we need to do.

Sign Plummer and draft his replacement in the draft. I want a QB that won't defer to overtime and wants the ball in his hand when the game is on the line. At 7 mil a year that should be Carr
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

In no way do I feel that David Carr is the sole reason for this teams inadequate play. However, he is the Quarterback of this team and carries a large load of the blame. I like David Carr, I want him to be successful. Unfortunately in my opinion we have crossed the threshold of him being successful here in Houston. I hope that he can leave the Texans and be just as successful elsewhere as I wanted him to be when he came here. I don't believe he is a bad player; I feel it is a combination of things that equal the formula:

David Carr + Houston Texans = a bad fit. Maybe he hasn't reached the top of his mountain, but I feel he has reached the top of his mountain of his success as a Houston Texan.

gbshafer, Harrington is a perfect example of a quarterback who needed a change of scenery to help put him back on track. Again, I am not saying Carr is a bad qb, he just needs to move on for a fresh start of success.

I am not hollering in anger that I am not going to renew my PSLs or not go to the games. That's crazy and would never say something like that, even out of anger. You are correct, it is my money to spend, and I will continue to put it into the Houston Texans, but that doesn't mean I don't like every choice they make.

I'm also proud to be a citizen of the United States, but that doesn't mean I support every choice this country makes, nor does it mean I am going to move to France because I'm unhappy. What I will do is vote, write to congress, and express my voice. I will express my concerns with the Texans in the this same format.

I wish I was stat guy who could throw out the games that have had winning drives in the last minute but I am not. But I know I have seen with my own eyes a few games this year that were won in the last minute, coming off long drives. If they can be performed elsewhere in the NFL, they should be able to be performed here.

GO TEXANS AND GO AMERICA! I'M PROUD TO BE APART OF BOTH!
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Texans1981
noob

Nice post, Ashley. On days like today, I'm so glad I don't work there anymore. I do miss talking to you and a few others though.

Melissa
Texans1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #17
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
Wow Texans Pride, I thought you were the guy,....no idea that you were a female...
I am the guy! The female is my beautiful wife!
Old 12-11-2006   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post

Dude, Texans Pride is a guy not a female. Just because his name is Ashley doesn't mean he is a chick. Think before you write something or don't write it at all *****.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans1981 View Post
Nice post, Ashley. On days like today, I'm so glad I don't work there anymore. I do miss talking to you and a few others though.

Melissa

Melissa there you are! Where did you go, what has happened to you? I called you a few weeks ago. . . .and BOOM, NO MELISSA!

Pm me!
Old 12-11-2006   #20
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Texans Pride, let us know if they reply!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read