Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm sad...I'm really really sad

I know you guys are pissed and embarassed with the Texans...I'm a little of both, but I'm mostly sad. I want the Texans to win and get better. They are better, but they're not producing the lightning-fast results we all want. I do keep in mind that this was THE WORST team in the NFL last year. I expected to go 6-10 this year, and we can still accomplish that.
All of that aside, from the draft pick talk, to getting rid of David Carr, to some people thinking LA should've got the team, to firing Gary Kubiak, and now that VY and RB have great games (VY's hurt more, obviously) all of this makes me sad. That may sound corny, but it's the honest truth.
But seasons 05 and now 06 make me that much more of a fan. I'm going to enjoy football a whole lot more when the Texans turn the corner. And they will. GO TEXANS, but I'm still sad.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm sad...I'm really really sad

I won't be sad until they stop showing improvement with this new coaching staff. They went 2-14 last year and they have won 4 games this year. They can go 6-10 or 7-9 next year and that will improve this year. But if they cap out at 7 or 8 wins then maybe this organization will never be a winner and will be like the Lions. But Kubiak better start going 9-7 0r 10-6 by 2008. I think that is a realistic expectation.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
t_flare
Veteran

You know what... it will take a couple of days for the VY thing to wear off but after that

1) You Lost your starting LT,C,RT,DT,DT,CB,FB,RB to injured reserved. If they pull 6-10 then fans should be happy coming from where they were last year.

2) This offenseive line is the worst in the NFL hands down because of the injureis. It affects the QB play and the running game. Expect Kuibak and Rik Smith to take care of the O-line and add some depth on it.

3) This defense is also injured but other than the VY run yesturday, they did a good job in the game and in Oakland, NY and the Jaguars.

4) Mathis is a return man for the next 10 years. He always has that chance of running all the way back.

You cant expect this team to turn all the way around in one season. Kuibak still needs to evualate Dom Caper's players and see who can play for him.

Jason Babin has 4 sacks and he doesnt play everydown.. these things we dont see but coaches do. Mario williams has plantar faticis (sp) yet he can make to the back field on a couple of plays... think about it when he is healthy.
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel you. I made a post about how Mr. Mcnair owes us an apology. It might sound like I didn't support the decision to go with Mario. I did and I see the results he has given our defense.

But this game made me sad too because on a fan note, we just loss my ability to see my team on a regular weekly basis. Vince has always had Austin by the cajones and now he has taken over it completely.

Honestly, I would feel better if Mcnair announced somewhere that he was hurting as much as we are.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

If there are no losses, you can't truly appreciate the wins.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

true, true.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read