Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
dantem
Veteran

Default Yesterday's Broadcast Booth

I thought it was funny yesterday, all game long the announcers were pushing Vince Young so heavily. They were cutting away from the game shots to show him on the sidelines when he wasn't on the field. They want so bad to be associated with him and be able to say, I called it, he's great. Ain't I smart...

At one point, while they were druling over him, Vince threw 3 bad passes in a row... and the announcer said, well one day he will be great....

All you folks who picked Vince Young, or Reggie Bush, or any other player before the draft and said, I called It, he's great, See I was right, Ain't I smart.

Please accept this post as a confirmation... You were right, You were smart, we all should have listened to you, you should be running the franchise.

Now please move on with your life, make a decision weather you want to be a Texans fan or not, then start supporting the team you picked. This is supposed to be a Texans forum.. you bunch of Texans-backstabbers.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yesterday's Broadcast Booth

i thought it was funny how they kept screwin up names, and not correcting them selves, i think i heard Anthony Thomas like 3 times
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
I thought it was funny yesterday, all game long the announcers were pushing Vince Young so heavily. They were cutting away from the game shots to show him on the sidelines when he wasn't on the field. They want so bad to be associated with him and be able to say, I called it, he's great. Ain't I smart...

At one point, while they were druling over him, Vince threw 3 bad passes in a row... and the announcer said, well one day he will be great....

All you folks who picked Vince Young, or Reggie Bush, or any other player before the draft and said, I called It, he's great, See I was right, Ain't I smart.

Please accept this post as a confirmation... You were right, You were smart, we all should have listened to you, you should be running the franchise.

Now please move on with your life, make a decision weather you want to be a Texans fan or not, then start supporting the team you picked. This is supposed to be a Texans forum.. you bunch of Texans-backstabbers.
I disagree on some of this. The pick you guys got is fine, they're not the highlight reels that offense gets but defense wins championships. Look at the Bears, poor offense, but great defense and they're leading the NFC. Demeco is a monster, Mario is getting double teamed and still producing. He has to pick up the game just like everyone else. These lineman aren't as easy as college.

Look at Manny Lawson, as many of you already know, his counterpart in college (both 1st rounders). Both were very highly thought of before the draft and Mario seems to be doing better on the Texans than Manny in San Fran. My point is, Texans didn't get screwed as a lot of people say, I think they're just finally planning well for the future. All the offense in the world won't do it by itself (see Colts for example).
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is supposed to be a Texans forum.. you bunch of Texans-backstabbers.
actually this isn't texanspeprally.com This is a place to discuss the game....not just yell cheers and have big group hugs.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
actually this isn't texanspeprally.com This is a place to discuss the game....not just yell cheers and have big group hugs.
Amen....
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Man I was kinda hoping for a group hug.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Yesterday's Broadcast Booth

Quote:
Give me a W!
Give me a E!

Give me a S!
Give me a U!
Give me a C!
Give me a K!

oh wait, you said this ISN'T texanspeprally.com....
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
agreed..yet we always focus on the negatives...usually the same negatives in about 80 different threads- i was ready to take an end of season break from this MB yesterday with all the hate going around.... but i said it might be better to try focus others fans on some of the positives on this team because as much as alot of people here wont admit it-there are some
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Show me some posts that are discussing the game, that are not 70% Hating on Carr. This is not Game discussion, its a VY love fest. (he's on another team, Texans Fans)

There are some great game discussions like
"David Carr Sucks"
"Fire Kubiak"
"We passed on Vince"
"I want the other teams players"
"I Hate the Texans"
and many other analytical outbursts...

like another poster here would say.

Game Discussions My AAArrrrssss!!
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

No this board seems to be the I hate carr messageboard. Your not allowd to say anything else about the team other than he sucks. If you call out any part of the team not doing well your called a homers because it is all Carrs fault period then end.

I am sorry I ment blind homer.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i thought it was funny how they kept screwin up names, and not correcting them selves, i think i heard Anthony Thomas like 3 times
CBS broadcasters are the pits. The FOX guys are MUCH better. CBS only has about 2 or 3 competent broadcast teams, the rest are horrible! A couple of weeks ago, they called Dexter Wynn Derrick Johnson for THREE QUARTERS before they caught their mistake! It was got pretty stupid when Wynn would return a kickoff, the stats that show up after every play said Dexter Wynn, but the play by play guy kept calling him Derrick Johnson. You would think they would at least have a current roster in front of them!
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Show me some posts that are discussing the game, that are not 70% Hating on Carr. This is not Game discussion, its a VY love fest. (he's on another team, Texans Fans)

There are some great game discussions like
"David Carr Sucks"
"Fire Kubiak"
"We passed on Vince"
"I want the other teams players"
"I Hate the Texans"
and many other analytical outbursts...

like another poster here would say.

Game Discussions My AAArrrrssss!!
Maybe it's because of the stupid decisions this franchise continues to make! I get so disgusted, that I can hardly watch an entire game anymore!
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72 View Post
Maybe it's because of the stupid decisions this franchise continues to make! I get so disgusted, that I can hardly watch an entire game anymore!
Then don't watch and goto the titans board.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read