Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Trade Andre

AJ & Carr to Oakland for first round and a 4th round. I like AJ but he doesn't have the best hands. He will be starting his 5th season next year and will either want out of Houston or demand a huge increase. Many have said that Carr is Al Davis kind of guy and is from Cali. Use our pick for Smith as QB and Oakland's pick for w/r Calvin Johnson. You have Moulds to mentor him and Moulds could be THE guy next year and that would please him. I liked what I saw in Dayne yesterday but what would he do against a better defense? We could then have a 2, 3 and two 4s to address other positions. I have fingers crossed for Spencer.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Andre

Meloy. Your mad and it's okay. That is what this board is for but c'mon man. Take a deep breath.

Noone is going to give us a first rounder for Carr.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Meloy. Your mad and it's okay. That is what this board is for but c'mon man. Take a deep breath.

Noone is going to give us a first rounder for Carr.
I agree and that is not what the thread said. AJ is the kicker! Oakland gets a tough QB and a pro bowl receiver. That should be worth a first and a throw in 4th.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL this takes the cake. The Carr lover guy wants to trade this teams only superstar.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LOL this takes the cake. The Carr lover guy wants to trade this teams only superstar.

He said Andre not Demeco...
Old 12-11-2006   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the 1st round would be for AJ the 4th for Carr..or the 1st and 4th for AJ and we give them Carr. lol

Interesting scenario i hadn't thought of. With oaklands pick we could get joe thomas, and with ours adrian peterson...wow.

i'm against drafting a qb this year unless its like a 3rd or 4th to develop to start in '08 or '09. the texans fans would autamiticaly hate the guy and he'd always be brought up that he's not as good as vince and that we should have drafted vy. let sage start next year if his hand heals.

draft scenario with the trade you proposed.

1st (oak) Joe Thomas LT
1st (hou) Dwayne Jarrett/Ted Ginn Jr.
2nd (hou) Michael Bush

interesting but i dont know i would do it. trade down and get p-willie from ole miss.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Raiders need WRs ... plus they already have a bad QB .

I suspect the teams looking at Carr will be contenders looking for a veteran QB . I would think if we got a 3rd round pick we'd be lucky but that QB rating and completion % is gotta be worth something to somebody .
Old 12-11-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Great idea, lets set our team back another few years . . .
Old 12-11-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst.... Post.... Ever....
Old 12-11-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd say Ryans is more of a superstar than Andre. Andre looks too tentative in trying to gain yardage, misses catches too often and on that 3rd down play he went east-west instead of north-south for a 1st down. He doesn't use his build to punish cornerbacks whom see overeasily to bring him down. We need a Hines Ward type player that will block, catch and make plays. I wouldn't actually call Andre Johnson a playmaker in the sense that he creates things, because he rarely does.
Old 12-11-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

boy if you think people bash the texans NOW, wait till you trade andre johnson.....
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
real

I'm actually not totally against this Idea....

Personally I think A.J is slightly overrated...
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have Johnson under control for 2 seasons. Afterwhich, Andre becomes a free agent or a require a franchise tag to keep him. Does anyone think that Johnson is the kind of player who will warrant the cap hit of a franchise tag?

At some point before AJ comes up fror free agency, the Texans will have to make a decision on his future with the team. If he's not in the long-term plans of the team, I'd prefer a trade this offseason. Draft picks now are better than draft picks 2 years later. Especially, since the Texans could be dealing with a player that doesn't want to re-sign.

One of the strengths of this draft is wide receiver. Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, and Sidney Rice should all be available. Draft one of them, and they're under control for 6 seasons. I don't think the Raiders would deal for Andre, but teams like the Falcons or Dolphins might deal 2 or 3 picks for a WR with his production.

AJ's got 2 years before his contract is up, and these teams have 2 years (or less) to win under their current staff. Are the Texans one Pro Bowl WR (but not a superstar) away from becoming a winner? I like Johnson, he keeps his nose clean and doesn't create chaos. But if the Texans could turn him into 3 good, young players ready to be part of a winner in '09, they should consider trading Andre Johnson.
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Texans86
All Pro

I hope any trade does not involve David Carr. If nothing else, we need him as a punching bag for another year while we train his replacement. If we draft a quarterback this year, please, let's do things right and have him sit for a while. Look at Phillip Rivers in San Diego and Carson Palmer in Cincy. It takes time for things to click and we can delay the cap hit for one more year.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Ckw

My post is more of a question that I want your input on.
Do you guys think AJ has a lot of heart? I mean, do you think he has that killer instinct, I want to win at all costs kind of heart?
I personally don't see it. He just seems like he isn't happy and just goes out there, runs his routes, and just wants to get the game over with. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression that he will bolt the second his contract runs up, which would be the only reason I'd consider trading him. What do you think?
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
I'd say Ryans is more of a superstar than Andre. Andre looks too tentative in trying to gain yardage, misses catches too often and on that 3rd down play he went east-west instead of north-south for a 1st down. He doesn't use his build to punish cornerbacks whom see overeasily to bring him down. We need a Hines Ward type player that will block, catch and make plays. I wouldn't actually call Andre Johnson a playmaker in the sense that he creates things, because he rarely does.
He is going to the pro bowl (dre) what does he care for another 2 yards.

This guy tikes me off more then anyone, he had the angle after the first miss to get the ball up field and atleat get a yard or two so maybe we could have gone for it, I believe it was Mr.Carr that stood in there and took a shot and still delivered Dre the ball, just anoither play were Dre cant make a play and you all know it, I dont know why this guy gets a free pass.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to disagree with you here......you can trade Carr if you ask me, but AJ is untouchable. He's proven and for the most part pretty damn good and I just wouldn't risk an unproven 1st rounder for AJ.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Hilarious.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I have to disagree with you here......you can trade Carr if you ask me, but AJ is untouchable. He's proven and for the most part pretty damn good and I just wouldn't risk an unproven 1st rounder for AJ.
un-catchable I think you ment. And I dont mean running away from people.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Carr would be good at the kickoff play Cal used to beat Stanford . The one you throw 5 yds. here and he laterals ( theres no LOS its just got to be behind you ) and that guy throws behind his player for 10 yds .... you know the one .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read