Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover
Default Very Simply -

Without the great draft, top to bottom, the Texans would not be where we are now. Many think we are horrible but I disagree. With the injuries that the Texans have received on both sides of the ball we are still respectable on the field.

Look at what has happened for our defense. It is growing into respectable unit. We have had injury after injury and it is still playing competitively. Had we not drafted Williams and Ryans do you think it would have been as good as it is now? It still needs improvement but Wow, I am impressed compared to the beginning of the year.

I donít care we would have drafted the best offensive player on earth with a sieve for a defense; offense really doesnít matter if we get outscored. Would Ryans be as good as he is without Williams, of course not. Our defense is looking to become a great asset to this our team.

I am seeing a team grow on offense. Not individual players. I see this as a strength for the team this season. Our O-line has been decimated with injuries and they still are playing well enough to keep us in games. Due to this O-line problem we are keeping TEís in to help protect which results in the QB not having as many targets to throw to and allow defenses to put multiple safeties on receivers.

When the TEís do release the QB has less time to actually throw due to less protection. Why do you think our QB checks down so much? Coupling that with receivers dropping the longer passes in games (or short ones at critical times in games) and not having a decent fullback for most of the season for the run game it is easy to get frustrated with our offense.

How people draw the conclusion it is one persons fault that the TEAM fails is really a person that is not looking at the root causes of the situation.

This team is going to be good very soon. By soon I mean in the next year or two. I would much rather have a New England type TEAM that is good year in and year out and not so dependant on one super athlete that could get hurt on any given play.
San Antonio Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Default Re: Very Simply -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
This team is an NFL caliber QB away from competing.
No, we need five all-pro lineman, a hall of fame running back, blah,blah,blah.
Old 12-11-2006   #3
real

This board is going crazy.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Texansfan36
Veteran

I believe(and people can hate me all they want for this) that McNair and Kubes were more worried about building a dominating D than drafting the superstar offensive guy. Kubes is bringing Denver to Houston and he is starting from the ground up doing it. What happens is going to happen and I may be wrong but that is what I see when I watch the Texans. A team that is having to rebuild because C&C f'ed up so much. The groundwork is nearing completion and one or two more drafts like the one we had and we should be a contender for years to come. Call me a blind homer all you want, but this team has already begun climbing out of the ditch, and I honestly believe that it will continue to climb upwards. I still have faith in what Kubes is trying to do, and I will keep that faith until I find reason to lose it.

That is just my honest opinion on things. If anything I have said upsets anyone than I appologize.

Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
This team is an NFL caliber QB away from competing.
I think we are a little farther off than that. That QB will need an O-Line to help him out.
Old 12-11-2006   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
This board is going crazy.
Thats an understatement at this point . . .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read