Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Default Everybody in the country is laughing at us

Every sports TV show, radio show, newspaper and internet forum in the United States of America is roasting us for our incompetence with the first pick. What are we going to do this year for the late night talk show comedians' material?
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everybody in the country is laughing at us

'They're all gonna laugh at you'........ I've watched Carrie too many times
Old 12-11-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not like they are just now starting to laugh. Its been going on for years
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo View Post
Every sports TV show, radio show, newspaper and internet forum in the United States of America is roasting us for our incompetence with the first pick.
This is true. I'm getting flack for it on forums totally unrelated to football.

The Texans are truly the laughingstock of the NFL. You know it's bad when they skipped announcing individual players yesterday.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

we deserve to be laughed at...we are an embarassment to the city
Old 12-11-2006   #6
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
we deserve to be laughed at...we are an embarassment to the city
While I don't care about that sort of thing, you have to shake your head at the way things have gone lately. Roll back to 2004, the Texans finished 7-9 in their third year and showed lots of promise. People were talking about them competing for a wild card spot in 2005. And then disaster. 2-14, shameful performances on two ESPN Sunday Night telecasts, grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory in stunning fashion versus Baltimore, St. Louis, Tennessee and San Francisco, and then going against conventional wisdom by bypassing Reggie Bush and Vince Young to take Mario Williams.

And while Mario, I think, will be fine, he can't erase the marketing fiasco of not taking Vince Young or Reggie Bush, and he can't make up for the glaring frailties of this offense. It sucks, simply put.

Bob McNair, who I generally like, has not had a good two years as an NFL owner.
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If you can't take the heat get out of Houston. It is an unfortunate part of building your base. I can understand how some may not like it, but I eat it up. I just hope that the powers that be realize that any changes that need to be made are past being reactionary, they are now necessary.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Not just laughing at the team.... But laughing at our supposed fans too.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I now think that if I had a chance to pick Peterson I'd do it . This team needs playmakers on offense .

I would also find some hope at the QB spot Kolb / Smith . I think if Carr went on the IR in preseason ... we'd be 6-7 / 7-6 .
Old 12-11-2006   #10
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

I'm going to the Pats game so man ol man am I gonna hear it.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
Sportsfan
All Pro

"IS" laughing at us?? How about, "was laughing at us since April '06 and will continue to laugh at us until we get to the post season"
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I now think that if I had a chance to pick Peterson I'd do it . This team needs playmakers on offense .

I would also find some hope at the QB spot Kolb / Smith . I think if Carr went on the IR in preseason ... we'd be 6-7 / 7-6 .
If he's available at our pick, I'd seriously consider him, but I also would like to see the organization just come out and try to put together the best OL they can put together. I'm sick of having subpar, castoffs and projects on the OL. I want guys who, as a unit, demolishes the opposing DL. I want the '93 Cowboys OL. I want the '72 Dolphins OL. I want the '89 49ers OL.

And so on.
Old 12-11-2006   #13
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
If you can't take the heat get out of Houston. It is an unfortunate part of building your base. I can understand how some may not like it, but I eat it up. I just hope that the powers that be realize that any changes that need to be made are past being reactionary, they are now necessary.
Part of building your base & get out of Houston. Good one. You apparently don't care if we win or lose. The apologists always revert to name calling.
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantTexan1 View Post
If he's available at our pick, I'd seriously consider him, but I also would like to see the organization just come out and try to put together the best OL they can put together. I'm sick of having subpar, castoffs and projects on the OL. I want guys who, as a unit, demolishes the opposing DL. I want the '93 Cowboys OL. I want the '72 Dolphins OL. I want the '89 49ers OL.

And so on.
Agreed. Joe Montana would be bad behind this line.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Part of building your base & get out of Houston. Good one. You apparently don't care if we win or lose. The apologists always revert to name calling.
Apparently not. It is also apparent I was name calling. The only thing that is apparent is you living in the past and your agenda.
Old 12-11-2006   #16
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Apparently not. It is also apparent I was name calling. The only thing that is apparent is you living in the past and your agenda.
My apologies if I misunderstood your post, sir. We apparently have different views on the current brain trust and their abilities.
Old 12-11-2006   #17
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i dont even play people i dont know online in madden anymore, just gotta put up with all the reggie and vince junk, it is kinda embarrassing
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We lost a game that came down to a coin toss, but all people will care about was the Texans screwing up their mock drafts in April.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
My apologies if I misunderstood your post, sir. We apparently have different views on the current brain trust and their abilities, or lack therof.
Old 12-11-2006   #20
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Agreed. Joe Montana would be bad behind this line.
The Cowboys line was terrible.....until Romo started. Of course, Romo throws the ball farther than 7 yards.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read