Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default People..GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm amazed at the people on this board who seem to think we should be in the playoffs this year. This is not a very good team yet and all of you knew that this is a rebuilding year with a new rookie coach. I figured if we won 6 games this year it would be a miracle and we still have a chance to do that.

So why do the majority of the people on this board freak out when we lose. I'm as tired as anyone watching the losses but this team does not have enough playmakers yet, we've lost 3 OL starters, 2 DT's, our featured RB and most of the year without our ProBowl returner.

I just don't see this team being competitive for a couple of years yet so, chill out, stop rehashing the draft to death, and give Kubiak and chance to bring in the players he needs.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Default Re: People..GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
I'm amazed at the people on this board who seem to think we should be in the playoffs this year. This is not a very good team yet and all of you knew that this is a rebuilding year with a new rookie coach. I figured if we won 6 games this year it would be a miracle and we still have a chance to do that.

So why do the majority of the people on this board freak out when we lose. I'm as tired as anyone watching the losses but this team does not have enough playmakers yet, we've lost 3 OL starters, 2 DT's, our featured RB and most of the year without our ProBowl returner.

I just don't see this team being competitive for a couple of years yet so, chill out, stop rehashing the draft to death, and give Kubiak and chance to bring in the players he needs.
The losses suck, that's true, and I agree that no one should've realistically expected better than 6-10 from this team this year. It is painfully true that the Texans need major help on the OL (still uncertain at LT--even with Spencer coming back next year--and the C, RG and RT spots are fairly weak as well, although Winston had his best game as a starter yesterday). We also need to upgrade safety, the opposite cornerback from Robinson, both outside linebackers and the defensive tackle position.

That's a lot of work. And it's time to go in a different direction at quarterback on top of all that.

So yeah, way too much work still. And just think, coming into this draft we needed a marquee DE (still) a true 4-3 MLB, a TE and some youth on the OL. We filled some holes but we still have a ton of others.

Hard as it is to say, the truth is that the Texans are starting 2002 all over, with a different coach and a new GM. The previous GM failed miserably at fielding quality talent. It's going to take a while to correct that.
Old 12-11-2006   #3
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:

You're being reasonable here. Are you sure you are on the right boards.....But I agree with you 99.99%
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantTexan1 View Post
The losses suck, that's true, and I agree that no one should've realistically expected better than 6-10 from this team this year. It is painfully true that the Texans need major help on the OL (still uncertain at LT--even with Spencer coming back next year--and the C, RG and RT spots are fairly weak as well, although Winston had his best game as a starter yesterday). We also need to upgrade safety, the opposite cornerback from Robinson, both outside linebackers and the defensive tackle position.

That's a lot of work. And it's time to go in a different direction at quarterback on top of all that.

So yeah, way too much work still. And just think, coming into this draft we needed a marquee DE (still) a true 4-3 MLB, a TE and some youth on the OL. We filled some holes but we still have a ton of others.

Hard as it is to say, the truth is that the Texans are starting 2002 all over, with a different coach and a new GM. The previous GM failed miserably at fielding quality talent. It's going to take a while to correct that.

Everything you and prostock said is true!

It sucks that we are basically starting over... BUT I won't jump ship... I will hang in there and be ready for our winner - which WILL come.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'll never jump ship from MY team and MY love for the Texans.

We're going through an extremely rough time right now, and it's only going to feel that much better when we start winning, whether it be next year or 5 years down the road.

Its just hard right now. We're all fed up with the product that we put so much time and trust into. But for every downside, there has to be an upside in the future. When that day comes, it'll be fun.

The true fans will stick around and be able to enjoy it even more. Does anyone remember the pre- love ya blue days? They were horrible, almost similar to this. Then something happened and the city went electric. That day will come, but for now we just got to suck it up, voice our opinions, and hope. Heck, if the Chargers can do it, why can't we?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

This is the problem..some of you guys expect too little all the time.

Ex. when you take an exam...do you go in wishing you pass with a 70 or do you aim for an "A"?
Old 12-11-2006   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Fantastic post. Post of the week.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People..GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!
You're exactly right. There are alot of bandwagon fans on this board, and all those who expected playoffs this year are crazy. But here's the thing. It's not so much that we lost yesterday. It's how we lost. A 39 yard TD run in OT by the guy that wanted us to draft him, and we passed up. THAT HURTS! Yes, people aren't being irrational, they're being emotional, which is very charectaristic of a fan. If you weren't SICK yestereday, if you're not SICK today, if you're not so upset about not just the loss, but the way in which we loss, CHECK YOUR FREAKIN' PULSE!

EDIT: And by the way, I'm riding the Houston Texans train til' the wheels FALL OFF!!!
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Texansfan36
Veteran

Great post. Yea this year might as well be 2002 all-over again. How C&C even have jobs is beyond me. Things are looking up. (well at least they are from last year )
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i didnt expect playoffs, but i expected drastic improvement. I havent seen it yet. all i see is 3/5 of the offensive line that has been here for 5 yrs being the scapegoat for carr's inability to make enough plays down the field to keep defenses from stacking 8-9 in the box and blitzing on every down.
Old 12-11-2006   #11
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
This is the problem..some of you guys expect too little all the time.

Ex. when you take an exam...do you go in wishing you pass with a 70 or do you aim for an "A"?
This year, I'd be extremely happy with a 70. Two years from now, you bet I'll be wanting B's and A's. I'm as frustrated as anyone with the losses, but you have to be realistic. Offensively, we only had 3 real playmakers (DD, AJ, RM) on this team to start the season and we lost two before preseason. You just don't run and ad in the Chronicle and replace those guys. The OL has lost 3 starters including Spencer,which most believe is going to be a real stud at LT and, we have another rookie starting at RT.

Honestly, I'm just sick of the hate mail on this board. Winning and losing in this league is such a fine line. Look at all the talent in Dallas and NO kicked the crap out them. Seattle has loads of talent and a Super Bowl appearance and last place Arizona beat them. Demeco missed tripping up VY by inches on that last run. Had he got him, maybe a different outcome.

Just goes to show you that one or two players on a team and one or two plays in game can make the difference on which side of that fine line you're on.....
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read