Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2004   #81
Doug
All Pro

First of all, IT'S GUYS LIKE YOU THAT PI$$ ME OFF! Grow up! You already contradicted yourself by saying you know Moss sooooo well and he's not a whiner. Then come back and say maybe he is a whiner.(Calm down John Kerry!) You talk about your defense like they're good and their ranked 29th in total defense, 30th in passing defense, and 10th in rushing defense. Now that 10th spot looks really good but you haven't played anyone with any real running game. Other than your passing game right now you guys really don't have too much to brag about but with the the way our team has been jekyll and Hyde that may be all you need but I doubt it. Also you can laugh all you want and dare all you want about us blitzing but you can bet it will happen and you may not like what the outcome is. By the way, 75 is winter highs weather 'round here so maybe you should watch the weather channel and maybe you'll see that to compare the temerature up there to down here is apparently another situation where you don't know what you're talking about. Come here talking smack and don't know anything about football or the weather. LOL How ya like them apples?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #82
Vikingstw
Rookie

Lady, Moss was in College 5 years ago, are you in the locker room NO, do you know him NO. Do i come around here putting your players down NO. I think its a case of bein jelous just like other fans from other teams. So quit obviously moss is a leader and a part of our team, if he was a problem tice would not put up with it. For one thing i dont LOVE moss, my favorite viking players are Brian Williams, Onterrio Smith i like Nate Burleson and Kelly Cambell, moss is great but i dont have an obsetion. But i do stick up for him, because i know better then the trash people talk about him.

Whoever said all we have is our passing game is a joke. We have had one of the best online/running games for the past three years. We have some isuess, we will have 8 starters out for this game, both RB's, you should feel lucky. Our Defense is very young but fast and talented. We have a new D cordinater and it will take awhile before we become anywhere near great, but there not slouches. They will cause turnovers. Grass doesnt slow our team down, thats false.

If we dont shoot ourselves in the foot with fumbles and penalteis we will beat you. We will see after Sunday i will be back after the game.
Vikingstw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #83
Tommy Lee 2004
waterboy

Hey people,

Just got registered.

my thoughts so far after reading the posters:

1. I don't think the weather is going to be a problem nor is grass the issue. We won last year against green bay with over 33 points on grass. Moss has put up some of his biggest games on grass. Its a combination of alot of different things as to the poor road record and every year is different, plus our new turf (astroplay) is much more like grass than the older turf we use to have and we have won 2 games at home. Plus Detroit ended their road record...nothing is a given on any sunday.

Take for example the Eagles game on MNF. While the eagles have a very good defense. most of the vikings "difficulty" came due to OL Rosenthals broken foot and a rookie stepping in against Kearse and with Kliensasser out it, it forced Pepp to run more then he usually has to and couldnt set up the passing game we had planned. Plus our coaching staff didnt adjust with more roll outs or putting pepp 10 yards deep in the shot gun to gain time. Moss and Burleson were open alot, but pepp was "running" for his life.

2. Our defense isnt the best but I wouldnt go by stats as alot of teams pass to catch up on us (witness "vinney" and yet he only scored 17 points. Look at the eagles defense stats and ranking...they have the same problem we do.."garbage yards"...but there are problems and we need to improve, but not has bad as people make out. What most people on message boards do is match "stats" vs "stats which are indicators but thats about it.

3. While I understand people thinking Moss is a thug, cancer etc. you really have to watch him every game as he doesnt speak to the media. Alot of that is past reputation. Is he a model citizen?...no, but he isnt a disruption on the team as most people think. Most of his problems were off field. I wouldnt call what he does as "whining" he wants the ball and voices it, plus I think hes right alot of the time, he wants C-pepp to throw it up and he will come down with it, Culpepper sometimes does what the defense gives him, whereas Moss wants to attack and make them adjust not us. Moss thinks he can out jump other DBs. Culpepper likes him and isnt bothered by it though. Besides Moss isnt the dominate force this year...its Culpepper. we average over 420 yards a game on offense this year and very little of that has went to Moss.

Other misconceptions...hit him hard and he quits...not true, witness the dallas game, only made him play better. Moss doesnt catch routes in the center of the field..again not true, about 1/4 of his catches during the game will be over the middle. I have watched him for 6 years now...havnt seen the infamous "taking plays off" if he does...you cant tell.

I dont think he is going to overwhelm your team, Culpepper is the key, not Moss.
Tommy Lee 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #84
footballbutterfly
Rookie

All grammar aside, you are one of the least intelligent people on these boards and frankly I have no idea why a dirty Vikings fan would be crashing a TEXANS website. Further, you tell me that Moss was in college five years ago - NO KIDDING! - what I am saying is that in the subsequent five years he has shown me NOTHING to suggest he has grown up at all. And I LOVE how you switch off and say "he's not even my favorite player I just defend him because I know what people say..." after talking the guy up like he is some type of god. Good grief, I do not believe that any of the Vikings players (or other fans) would be proud to call you one of theirs after reading your pathetic, non-sensical commentaries.
Old 10-08-2004   #85
footballbutterfly
Rookie

Congratulations on an intelligent comment - thank you for several solid arguments, I can certainly respect an opinion when it is supported, well-spoken, and logical. Kudos to being a well-versed Viks Fan
Old 10-08-2004   #86
Vikingstw
Rookie

I dont believe what people say, i believe what his teamates and his coaches say, the people that are around him all day, i dont believe just anybody, but those who know him personaly. I have never heard anyone that knows him personally say he was a cancer or disruption. I have heard about things he does for children with lukimia and cancer, kids who are specail, those are the things that count. Just to say he is tuff and plays hurt and hes not a cancer does not make him a god, its all facts, if thats what you want to call him then so be it. Dont worry about my grammer you sound like my college professor. By the way i got an A in english last semester, i'm not gonna stress over my grammer on a board.

Anyways i didnt come here to fight about moss but you got me goin, i came here to further my knowledge of your team, and i have learned some about the defense.

Oh yeah Viking Pal, do you ever hit up any viking boards, if so check out purplepride.org its the home of the viking fans-great site.
Old 10-08-2004   #87
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will suprise the vikings with a win 27 - 21 eoungh said.
Old 10-09-2004   #88
Tommy Lee 2004
waterboy

this game is a toss up for me, part of that is due to that fact I am not that well aquainted with the texans. But I was impressed with carr on the hightlights that sports center shows.

I see this game in the 30's for both teams in the scoring department. Alot depends on how good your pass rush is. Disrupting C-pepp is key as the eagles showed on MNF. If you do that, the edge goes to you, if you don't I point it in the direction of the vikes. 38-35 range.
Tommy Lee 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #89
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstw
I dont believe what people say, i believe what his teamates and his coaches say, the people that are around him all day, i dont believe just anybody, but those who know him personaly. I have never heard anyone that knows him personally say he was a cancer or disruption. I have heard about things he does for children with lukimia and cancer
I my God! Randy Moss is going around giving poor little kids lukemia and cancer!
Call the Chronicle!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #90
Vikingstw
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I my God! Randy Moss is going around giving poor little kids lukemia and cancer!
Call the Chronicle!
Thats ****** up dude. All i was saying is he's active around the comunitty and around sick children. Most people dont know that. I cant believe you would even joke about a disease that kills children everyday. Wow.

Tommy Lee i dont think that the texans will be scoring that many points, thats alot of points for a team that doesnt have the greatest oline in the world. Its also alot of points for a vikings team on the road, but i hope you prove me wrong.
Old 10-09-2004   #91
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our O line didn't give up one sack to the Raiders last week who have 12 sacks in their first 3 games.
Old 10-09-2004   #92
Vikingstw
Rookie

Well they sure in the hell didnt stop it in the previous three games. I like the matchup Udeze has i'm looking for him to have a nice game.

We are having the same problem, pepp has been sacked 11 times in three games, we have some unfortunate injuries to a couple of our best pass blockers.
Old 10-09-2004   #93
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well they sure in the hell didnt stop it in the previous three games. I like the matchup Udeze has i'm looking for him to have a nice game.
That's because the only player on the line that was in his current position last year on this team was our Center, McKinney. Weigert was injured for some time and Wand, Pitts, and Wade were all playing their current positions for the first time ever together in the first games this season. 4 pre-season games plus two regular season games have given them some times to review their games on film and correct their problems. Wand was starting at LT for the first time in his career. Pitts was starting at Guard for the first time in his career, and Wade was with the Dolphins last year. On top of all that we changed blocking schemes in the off-season. It's not talent we lack, just lack of cohesion from not playing together long.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #94
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

I will continue not to predict. I predicted in the 1st 2 games and we lost. I did not predict in the 2 wins.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #95
Vikingstw
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That's because the only player on the line that was in his current position last year on this team was our Center, McKinney. Weigert was injured for some time and Wand, Pitts, and Wade were all playing their current positions for the first time ever together in the first games this season. 4 pre-season games plus two regular season games have given them some times to review their games on film and correct their problems. Wand was starting at LT for the first time in his career. Pitts was starting at Guard for the first time in his career, and Wade was with the Dolphins last year. On top of all that we changed blocking schemes in the off-season. It's not talent we lack, just lack of cohesion from not playing together long.

MMMMMMM! Williams, Hovan, Udeze, and Mixon are licking their chops.
Old 10-09-2004   #96
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

How is Udeze doing so far in his rookie season? I thought he was a great talent coming out of USC, intelligent, quick with several different moves & adjusts to the play with a high motor. He was a steal where you guys drafted him, although I know the reason why he fell was his physcial check-ups on his shoulder. Give us all a breif update if you could.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #97
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So were the Raiders. Too bad all you guys couldn't play us opening week.
Old 10-09-2004   #98
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sure Wiegert, McKinney, and Wade are licking their chops too. They're going up against a rookie DE, and an overrated interior lineman. I'm not so sure Hoverrated will even start, Tice has been entertaining the media with the notion of Steve Martin getting the nod (I wonder why). Wiegert and McKinney did a good job last week against one of the top NT's in the league - Ted Washington, and as you know we gave up not a single sack against one of the better pass rushing teams in the league. Our 3rd string RB gained 105 yards against a top tier run defense, and the team gained around 160 total. Since your D is nowhere close to Oakland's, I'm not worried one bit about the offense.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #99
footballbutterfly
Rookie

Have you ever watched a single Texans game? If not, I do not believe that you have any authority to say anything about how many points we will or will not post this weekend. That's like all the jerk-offs going on about Jacksonville (um, 15 ppg is not going to cut it). I am not impressed with the Viks' secondary and I think that our receivers match up better than Udeze and whomever you think he "matches up against." As far as Moss being a "cancer" I never said that, I just said I have no respect for the man and him working with kids who have cancer is not enought to change that (by the way, I already knew that tidbit about him).

P.S. If YOU got an "A" in English then that explains a LOT about that state of education these days.
Old 10-09-2004   #100
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballbutterfly
Have you ever watched a single Texans game? If not, I do not believe that you have any authority to say anything about how many points we will or will not post this weekend.
Wouldn't that work both ways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballbutterfly
That's like all the jerk-offs going on about Jacksonville (um, 15 ppg is not going to cut it). I am not impressed with the Viks' secondary and I think that our receivers match up better than Udeze and whomever you think he "matches up against." As far as Moss being a "cancer" I never said that, I just said I have no respect for the man and him working with kids who have cancer is not enought to change that (by the way, I already knew that tidbit about him).

P.S. If YOU got an "A" in English then that explains a LOT about that state of education these days.
No need to insult rival fans. That kind of stuff just sparks an equally insulting response. Kick the team around all you want. Just try not to get personal with the posters please.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read