Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2004   #61
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the rain coming at us for the next 2 days and the ground being saturated (again), the humidity is going to soar. I think the temps will possibly top out in the upper 80s if we get the break in the clouds.
Can the Vikings take it?
Very good site to see upcoming weather, and the radar is current too.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...1&city=Houston

Sunday looks to be a steam bath. They don't have to deal with this up there like we do. While some will poo poo the humidity factor, I think it will drain the Vikings fast, especially in dark jerseys and with the roof open...
The Texans are used to the humidity and the temps. Still think we will take it, as long as the O and D show up for some serious work.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #62
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'm not positive I heard this correctly. I think they said on 610 that the Vikings were 1-17 on grass over the past 18 games. Can that be right?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #63
TexanNut
Veteran

Texans 28
Vikings 24
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #64
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I'm not positive I heard this correctly. I think they said on 610 that the Vikings were 1-17 on grass over the past 18 games. Can that be right?
They are 1-17 on away games on grass.
Old 10-07-2004   #65
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
They are 1-17 on away games on grass.
With the exception of throwing in the world "away", isn't that what I said? I didn't know they had grass in the Metrodome. Just kidding.
Old 10-07-2004   #66
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Diehardtexan]Texans will win third in a row with even a better score than last week. I hope Dom Caper lets the Dogs out early this time. Once we start blitzing more often like the 3-4 D should, we will destroy other teams.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Name------------------------Texans----------------Vikings
------------------------------------------------------------------
01-Diehard--------------------------34----------------------23
02-Tedc----------------------------37----------------------27
03-Brickmantexanfan----------------24----------------------21
04-RTP2110-------------------------27----------------------23
05-Texas Heat----------------------24----------------------20
06-TheTim5125---------------------30----------------------28
07-Doug----------------------------17----------------------21
08-geka----------------------------14----------------------38
09-SheTexan-----------------------30----------------------10
10-Bottle-O-Bud--------------------03----------------------00
11-LonghornBabe.-------------------32----------------------21
12-rittenhouserobz------------------27----------------------24
13-SBTexans08---------------------18----------------------22
14-Reddevil63-----------------------21----------------------27
15-SassyTexan----------------------23----------------------21
16-3rd Coast Playa------------------24----------------------23
17-RTCTEXANS----------------------24----------------------03
18-bckey----------------------------31----------------------28
19-TheOger-------------------------24----------------------35
20-FILOgirl--------------------------17----------------------10
21-gwallaia--------------------------24----------------------38
22-Texan281------------------------27----------------------35
23-ccdude730-----------------------34----------------------21
24-TEXANS84-----------------------27----------------------23
25-Oilers/Texans--------------------38----------------------34
26-corrosion------------------------30----------------------31
27-TexansFan.com------------------14----------------------24
28-TexanExile-----------------------24----------------------34
29-Newly----------------------------16----------------------27
30-axman40-------------------------31----------------------27
31-atxcoolguy-----------------------38----------------------24
32-ThirdEyeBC32---------------------30----------------------28
33-SESupergenius--------------------20----------------------25
34-beerlover-------------------------31----------------------23
35-jrOck-----------------------------38----------------------24
36-HJam72---------------------------34----------------------24
37-WWJD----------------------------28----------------------21
38-pittbull---------------------------34----------------------28
39-chicagotexan---------------------27----------------------31
40-dalemurphy-----------------------27----------------------20
41-DoCt3rJ---------------------------17----------------------38
42-DominatorDavis--------------------31----------------------38
43-TexanNut-------------------------28----------------------24
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #67
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
With the exception of throwing in the world "away", isn't that what I said? I didn't know they had grass in the Metrodome. Just kidding.
Just trying to confirm your "can that be right?" Guess the away was redundant.
Old 10-07-2004   #68
Diehardtexan
Veteran

[Diehardtexan]Texans will win third in a row with even a better score than last week. I hope Dom Caper lets the Dogs out early this time. Once we start blitzing more often like the 3-4 D should, we will destroy other teams.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Name------------------------Texans----------------Vikings
------------------------------------------------------------------
01-Diehard--------------------------34----------------------23
02-Tedc----------------------------37----------------------27
03-Brickmantexanfan----------------24----------------------21
04-RTP2110-------------------------27----------------------23
05-Texas Heat----------------------24----------------------20
06-TheTim5125---------------------30----------------------28
07-Doug----------------------------17----------------------21
08-geka----------------------------14----------------------38
09-SheTexan-----------------------30----------------------10
10-Bottle-O-Bud--------------------03----------------------00
11-LonghornBabe.-------------------32----------------------21
12-rittenhouserobz------------------27----------------------24
13-SBTexans08---------------------18----------------------22
14-Reddevil63-----------------------21----------------------27
15-SassyTexan----------------------23----------------------21
16-3rd Coast Playa------------------24----------------------23
17-RTCTEXANS----------------------24----------------------03
18-bckey----------------------------31----------------------28
19-TheOger-------------------------24----------------------35
20-FILOgirl--------------------------17----------------------10
21-gwallaia--------------------------24----------------------38
22-Texan281------------------------27----------------------35
23-ccdude730-----------------------34----------------------21
24-TEXANS84-----------------------27----------------------23
25-Oilers/Texans--------------------38----------------------34
26-corrosion------------------------30----------------------31
27-TexansFan.com------------------14----------------------24
28-TexanExile-----------------------24----------------------34
29-Newly----------------------------16----------------------27
30-axman40-------------------------31----------------------27
31-atxcoolguy-----------------------38----------------------24
32-ThirdEyeBC32---------------------30----------------------28
33-SESupergenius--------------------20----------------------25
34-beerlover-------------------------31----------------------23
35-jrOck-----------------------------38----------------------24
36-HJam72---------------------------34----------------------24
37-WWJD----------------------------28----------------------21
38-pittbull---------------------------34----------------------28
39-chicagotexan---------------------27----------------------31
40-dalemurphy-----------------------27----------------------20
41-DoCt3rJ---------------------------17----------------------38
42-DominatorDavis--------------------31----------------------38
43-TexanNut-------------------------28----------------------24
44-mike moffat-----------------------34----------------------21

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 10-08-2004 at 05:43 AM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #69
Vikingstw
Rookie

Yeah you guys can say whatever you want about the grass thing but teams try to come around and tell us all kings of stupid things like that before everygame, first it was the vikings have never beat a Parcells team, Lovie knows how to get pressure on Pepp, none of that matters, the lions lost 24 road games in a row then won, the streak can end at any time and i wouldnt count on it to continue this sunday. The vikings have been practicing in hot humid weather in Minn all week, they have been practicing long hours in the sun to get prepared. Hovan and Moss have both been banged up.

Let me tell you guys something about our secondary, IT DOESNT SUCK, trust me. We have on of the best Secondaries in the leagur i said it once i'll say it again. Someone said Winfield was our best run stopper yeah, Brian Williams is a hell of a run stopper two. Both those CB's are ranked in the top 20 in the league. Corey Chavous is the smartest saftey in the league, look his stats up they dont lie. Same for Brian Russell he is also a very good safety. Dont bash our secondary. Bash are inabilty to get pressure on the QB and cover the RB and TE's in the flats, mosty the LB's and DL's job. Against the bears that was adressed dramaticly. Our run defense is solid, Hovan will most likely not get the start and your X-DT Steve Martin may play and hes a big run stopper. We barely got Kenny Mixon back last week he is a monster DE vs the run. If we get pressure on Carr hes in some serious trouble, you guys will rush for no more than 100 yards on us. I think you guys are underestamting our defense, you act like they are playing like a high school team. These guys cause alot of turnovers, INT's and Fumbles they make alot of plays. Some of the blame can be pinned on the Kicking game not giving our Defense good field position but that seemed to be fixed against the bears. Every time the offense has started inside there own 20 yard line the vikes D hasnt gave up any points. They are also very good in the redzone, i expect big things from them cotrell will have them ready to play.

Oh yeah PLEASE blitz us like hell i dare LOL. It doesnt pay off for very many teams.
Vikingstw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #70
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstw
The vikings have been practicing in hot humid weather in Minn all week, they have been practicing long hours in the sun to get prepared.
If you call lower 70's to upper 60's as daytime highs hot weather you have no idea what folks are talking about in Houston. Having said that, I don't see the weather effecting this game.
Old 10-07-2004   #71
footballbutterfly
Rookie

Um....before you start talking up Moss you might want to check on the bum ankle that he "aggravated in practice"
footballbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #72
Vikingstw
Rookie

75 buddy!! I know all about moss, dont get your hopes up cause he's gonna play, he's tuffer than hell and he's a warrior. Last year he played the whole year with planter fascis and thats hurts like hell, he had a career year playing the WHOLE YEAR injured, 75% of moss is better than alot of recievers. :woot

I know 75 isnt as hot as the predicted 80 but they practiced in that heat all Training Camp, it wont efect us unless you guys control the ball on us for long periods of time.

Most viking players dont like dome turf but prefer grass. I think alot of the loosing on the road had to do with Pepps metality. I think hes over it. If any of you watched us play the eagles on monday night you will remeber we were hosed by the refs. We outplayed the eagles by throwing all over them, and controlling the clock. We trashed that team and we should have won.

There are a couple of reason i am worried about this game, for one we are without both RB's and Moe our 3rd will play hurt. We have alot of injuries, i'm more worried about that then playing in texas that doesnt worry me.
Old 10-07-2004   #73
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 34
Vikings 21
mike moffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #74
RichmondTexanFan
Rookie

The Texans shall walk off with this win.
RichmondTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #75
footballbutterfly
Rookie

Interesting reply. Though I must say your logic is, well, absent. You make Randy Moss sound like Brett Favre - "he's tuffer than hell and he's a warrior." Riiigghhhttt...he's "tuffer" than few and he still is one of the whiniest players in the NFL you can not be a big baby AND be "tuff." "Oooo I have to catch 30 passes every game and ooooo at least two of them have to be touchdowns...oooo...that's so tuff." Puh-lease. Find me a real receiver who keeps his mouth shut and PLAYS the game!!! Oh, and I hope you "throw all over us" because I know that Coleman, Glenn, and Robinson are just itchin' for a few interceptions.
Old 10-08-2004   #76
SESupergenius

Last year when Vikings came off a bye week they throttled the then 5-2 Broncos and were leading 28-10 going into the 4th quarter. It wasn't even close.

Last edited by SESupergenius; 10-08-2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-08-2004   #77
Vikingstw
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballbutterfly
Interesting reply. Though I must say your logic is, well, absent. You make Randy Moss sound like Brett Favre - "he's tuffer than hell and he's a warrior." Riiigghhhttt...he's "tuffer" than few and he still is one of the whiniest players in the NFL you can not be a big baby AND be "tuff." "Oooo I have to catch 30 passes every game and ooooo at least two of them have to be touchdowns...oooo...that's so tuff." Puh-lease. Find me a real receiver who keeps his mouth shut and PLAYS the game!!! Oh, and I hope you "throw all over us" because I know that Coleman, Glenn, and Robinson are just itchin' for a few interceptions.
LMAO! Obviously you know little of Moss, and only hear what the media feeds you. Its guys like you that piss me off. You want to talk about players that disrupt teams, lets talk about TO or Meshawn. Moss plays football to win and if he has to get the ball to win then so be it, thats the way it needs to be. I dont know where you get the whining part from. And yes moss is tuff as hell, you dont just play with back spasams and plantar fascis in your foot and be normal, you know what that feels like. He broke records last year. WHAT farve broke his thumb and everybody wants to kiss his ***** what joke.

Moss doesnt like the media, he doesnt like the spotlight, he just wants to win. Obvoiusly you nothing of his of the field community things he does. You dont know anything so dont judge him. I can talk **** about meshawn and TO i've seen what they can do to a team, moss has never had that efect on his football team. His teamates love him and wouldnt have anyone else in the NFL. He's a leader on our team and maybe your right maybe he whines, but somebody's gotta do that job, just like cris carter. What would you say about him if he was on your team? Answer that.
Old 10-08-2004   #78
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Just trying to confirm your "can that be right?" Guess the away was redundant.
I misread your tone. Thank you for confirming that.
Old 10-08-2004   #79
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstw
Yeah you guys can say whatever you want about the grass thing but teams try to come around and tell us all kings of stupid things like that before everygame
Hey going 1-17 on grass over your last 18 games isn't a "stupid thing". That is an amazing stat. That implies (to me) that if you tone down the speed of the Vikings, that they lose their edge.
Old 10-08-2004   #80
footballbutterfly
Rookie

You might want to re-think a few parts of your statement. First of all, I am not a GUY. Secondly I believe that you are mistaken about Moss "not disrupting football teams." I think I know a little more about it than you.....my disdain stems back to his college days (I went to Miami U when he was a Marshall after how many other schools?). He has shown me NOTHING in the subsequent years to indicate he has grown up one iota. You are so blinded by YOUR "LOVE" of Moss that you can't see anything for what it isl And don't bring Cris Carter into, I have met the man and he HAS shown me change - class act all the way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read