Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Where are all the excuses now for David and the Texans

You homers have been talking out of your arse all year long and you just got punked. Where are you now? What is the new Excuse Of The Week? Who are you blaming this week for Carr's unsatisfactory play and another huge and historic Texans loss?

Where are you at? Have you finally woken up to reality? Are you too busy trying to spin this into a positive or excuse? As long as we got ignorant homer fans, a clueless owner, and a very poor head coach in Kubiak we have a recipe for complete embarasssment.

When the loser organization drafted Mario they said it was to beat Peyton Manning. Well last time I checked, Vince has beaten Peyton almost twice already and David is 0-9 v. him. Mario sadly will probably never be an All-Pro and we passed on 2 possible Hall Of Famers to get him....congrats apologists, you have risen the bar to a new level....now come out and take your medicine and come out of hiding...
Old 12-11-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Where are all the excuses now for David and the Texans

I know it's just an IF.....

But what IF we'd have won the toss...... Mathis returns it to the Tennesse 30, & Kris Brown kicked a 47 yrd FG, and we won the game??

Don't get me wrong I was all for drafting Vince Young. But we played a good game, with or without David. True, it would be looked on as a mistake, if we are looking for a QB after next season.......... I seriously doubt we'll be looking for a QB this offseason.

I'd bet that Kubiak will have his Denver running game in Houston before he gives up on David....... & that may very well take three years.
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
You homers have been talking out of your arse all year long and you just got punked. Where are you now? What is the new Excuse Of The Week? Who are you blaming this week for Carr's unsatisfactory play and another huge and historic Texans loss?

Where are you at? Have you finally woken up to reality? Are you too busy trying to spin this into a positive or excuse? As long as we got ignorant homer fans, a clueless owner, and a very poor head coach in Kubiak we have a recipe for complete embarasssment.

When the loser organization drafted Mario they said it was to beat Peyton Manning. Well last time I checked, Vince has beaten Peyton almost twice already and David is 0-9 v. him. Mario sadly will probably never be an All-Pro and we passed on 2 possible Hall Of Famers to get him....congrats apologists, you have risen the bar to a new level....now come out and take your medicine and come out of hiding...
I think you would feel so much better if you just found a new team to be part of. There is no amount of anything here that you will ever be satisfied with no matter what happens. So take your negativity somewhere else.

I would be willing to bet you are like this in almost everything you do.

It's a choice and you choose to be negative. Do you go to bed angry with yourself every night??? LOL

P.S. Carr had a great game, I love Carr. Carr is wonderful. Carr is better than Vince,, Carr is going to the Super Bowl, Carr, Carr, Carr, I love Carr.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
bayshorebevo
Veteran

"It's a choice and you choose to be negative. Do you go to bed angry with yourself every night??? LOL"

It wasn't our choice. The negative choice was made by our brain trust. If you are not mad, you are not an eductaed fan.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know it's just an IF.....

But what IF we'd have won the toss...... Mathis returns it to the Tennesse 30, & Kris Brown kicked a 47 yrd FG, and we won the game??

Don't get me wrong I was all for drafting Vince Young. But we played a good game, with or without David. True, it would be looked on as a mistake, if we are looking for a QB after next season.......... I seriously doubt we'll be looking for a QB this offseason.

I'd bet that Kubiak will have his Denver running game in Houston before he gives up on David....... & that may very well take three years.
I was actually thinking about this during the game....

I wasn't too pleased with Carr's play and I was going to rip him regardless of whether we lost or not....
Old 12-11-2006   #6
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo View Post
"It's a choice and you choose to be negative. Do you go to bed angry with yourself every night??? LOL"

It wasn't our choice. The negative choice was made by our brain trust. If you are not mad, you are not an eductaed fan.

I'm pretty educated. I graduated from UT. Hmn.......Go figure.
Old 12-11-2006   #7
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Quote:

Well, that seems to be quite a leap to take so early in the game but I generally agree with a lot of the rest of your post. Although, I have no dog in the hater versus apologist fight. Neither group is being completely objective about the situation, quite frankly.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
I think you would feel so much better if you just found a new team to be part of. There is no amount of anything here that you will ever be satisfied with no matter what happens. So take your negativity somewhere else.
Do you feel the same about the Denver fans who booed Jake?? or the Cowgurls who booed Drew?? Or the Arizona fans who booed Warner??

some people understand that some parts of the team just don't fit.

Another thing to think about...... There are a lot of fans wanting a QB change in Chicago, even though they have the #1 team in the NFC.. they know that while you can win a Superbowl in spite of your QB... odds are against it. & only by having a QB can you even think about becoming a Dynasty.... unlike the Bucs who won't be in the playoffs this year, and only made last years playoffs because the NFC is week. Or the Ravens who haven't sniffed an AFC championship game, much less the Superbowl in 5 years.

Also, while Miami & Oakland both have Defenses that would rival the Bears.... they aren't talked about very much, because of poor play from the offensive side of the ball.
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

They are who we thought they were.

Bob McNair said when Kubiak was drafted that David Carr was a quarterback that could take you to the Super Bowl.

Gary Kubiak didn't agree with that. He said that this was too much to put on David Carr, but that he felt he had the tools to be a quarterback on a Super Bowl team.

I do not know what Vince Young can ultimately do. He is not like anyone who has come before him. There is no blueprint. He keeps freaking Jeff Fisher out for pete's sake, and Fisher has seen everything.
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do you feel the same about the Denver fans who booed Jake?? or the Cowgurls who booed Drew?? Or the Arizona fans who booed Warner??

some people understand that some parts of the team just don't fit.

Another thing to think about...... There are a lot of fans wanting a QB change in Chicago, even though they have the #1 team in the NFC.. they know that while you can win a Superbowl in spite of your QB... odds are against it. & only by having a QB can you even think about becoming a Dynasty.... unlike the Bucs who won't be in the playoffs this year, and only made last years playoffs because the NFC is week. Or the Ravens who haven't sniffed an AFC championship game, much less the Superbowl in 5 years.

Also, while Miami & Oakland both have Defenses that would rival the Bears.... they aren't talked about very much, because of poor play from the offensive side of the ball.

My point was that to throw the whole organization, coaches, players, everyone into the same pot is silly. And at this point there is nothing that can be done, but to keep going. We didn't draft Vince, we kept David, so that is what the organization has to deal with right now.

We have some problems, and I'm tired of losing too, so I'm all for whatever we need to do to change it, but I personally think that McNair and Kubiak will figure it out.
Old 12-11-2006   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

You want an excuse?

We lost a game that came down to a coin toss, and everyone is bitter that we ruined their April mock drafts.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
dantem
Veteran

Quote:

OK, you win, The Texans Suck... Maybe we should all start rooting for the Titans... I think that is your point, Right?

It's no new news that there are players on other teams who are playing better than the ones on the Texans team. How is that getting punked.

Thats just life...

your post sounds like you have the maturity level of a junior high school student.

You should get over it and grow up...
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
They are who we thought they were.

Bob McNair said when Kubiak was drafted that David Carr was a quarterback that could take you to the Super Bowl.

Gary Kubiak didn't agree with that. He said that this was too much to put on David Carr, but that he felt he had the tools to be a quarterback on a Super Bowl team.

I do not know what Vince Young can ultimately do. He is not like anyone who has come before him. There is no blueprint. He keeps freaking Jeff Fisher out for pete's sake, and Fisher has seen everything.

Well, I for one blame the "consultant" Dan Reeves.... Reeves was the genesis behind the misguided notion that "David Carr can win in the NFL."

David Carr CAN'T WIN in Houston.. Why:

1. He is mentally "toast." He has been hit so much he has no confidence in his offensive line.. or himself.

2. He lacks the proper attitude. He doesn't do anything original. He does what others tell him to do, instead of exercising leadership and setting an example. Personally, I don't think he cares anymore. He is just here for a paycheck.

3. His coaching here stinks. Palmer was horrible. His replacements are not much better.

4. His offensive line is/was and shall ever be, horrible.

Maybe David can succeed somewhere else.. Detroit, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburg.... but his days in Houston are numbered.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
fhlh
Rookie

Quote:
Mario sadly will probably never be an All-Pro and we passed on 2 possible Hall Of Famers to get him
easy... don't bash Mario because of the FO.
Mario is gonna be a fine player, especially when he gets his wheels at 100%.
But yes... you're right, We shoulda took Vince or Bush.
fhlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

First of all....how did Texans fans get "punked" because Vince Young wasnt even really part of the Final Draft decision...it was basically down to Reggie Bush and Mario Williams.... Does Demeco "punk" every team in the league when we beat them because they all passed on him? Will the Saints get "punked" if the Titans beat them some day down the road?

Sure Vince Young is from Houston and he is/will be a good player in this league...but Gary Kubiak thought/thinks that David Carr has all the tools to be an effective QB in his system...and obviously thought that the pick could be used to help out the team in another way...You can say that these were bad decisions but you cant say that Vince Punked anyone...he just played a good game...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

The Texans are a joke. Plain and simple. This football team sucks more than the Baylor Bears. And that is saying something..
Old 12-11-2006   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no more excuses on part of the Texans or David Carr. Carr's done in Houston. He didn't loose yesterday's game but he didn't win it either. Over throwing, underthrowing, crossing the line of scrimmage twice, shaky pocket presence, no passes over the middle, no deep passes, no leadership in the huddle, laughing it up in the sidelines, etc. He's not a bad player but he's not the guy who's going to take us to where we all want to go. VY was great and we're going to have to face up to the challenge for the next decade or so.
Old 12-11-2006   #18
NederlandTexan
Veteran

There are no more excuses for Carr. Two passes all day of 10+ yards. Either he freaks out or the coaches don't trust him. I no longer buy into the o-line excuse. Most teams don't have an All-pro line and they somehow find ways to get the ball down field. I know 3/5 of the line is new, more excuses. The Saints lines were considered weak prior to the season, can anyone name a Saint lineman. Bottom line - David just isn't a very good QB.

I guess Nawzer and I were typing at the same time, sorry for the redundancy.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
brewhaus
All Pro

There are no excuses....But I plan on remaining hopeful.
Old 12-11-2006   #20
DarkNinja
Veteran

Quote:

Amen, its about time someone stands up and say it with me! I totally agree. I believe this franchise should have been rebuilt around a QB like VY instead of renewing Carr's contract for some HEB coupons. But ask yourselves this question. If you were passionate and had the love/ money for the business of a football team. Why would pass up all the profit, revenue, and sold-out VIP seats from Austin to Houston just to draft an OK defensive lineman that can only get a solid handicap/ mercy sack?? Conspiracy? Yeah...Politics?...Oh Yeah...Wouldn't it be a GREAT business decision to make your money back on a USED CARR that failed you many times.
May this question should be a new post...
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read