Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Carr interview on 610 this morning

Let me start this by saying I am not a Carr hater. I have supported him his entire career with the Texans. But this morning on 610 he was asked about taking a knee with 53 seconds left in the game. He said Kubiak asked him what he thought and he responded with "It's up to you coach." Then he proceeded to ramble on that the Titans were getting a good rush all day and if he dropped back he would be on the goal line and blah, blah, blah. This pissed me off. Would VY or any other great QB have that attitude? No, they would WANT the ball and take a chance to win the game. I'm through with Carr now. He is a loser and always will be. Kubiak can't make him have heart.
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr interview on 610 this morning

I don't know who is to blame, but when you haven't turned the ball over all day, with 1 minute left in the 4th and an opportunity to win (I don't care where you are starting from), you at least try.

Playing with that much fear, playing not to lose, is the best way to ensure a loss.
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just glad he didn't take a knee in the end zone.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
real

If Carr said that then he's a loser....

I can understand a coach making that decision...But not my QB....
Old 12-11-2006   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwffan99tx View Post
Let me start this by saying I am not a Carr hater. I have supported him his entire career with the Texans. But this morning on 610 he was asked about taking a knee with 53 seconds left in the game. He said Kubiak asked him what he thought and he responded with "It's up to you coach." Then he proceeded to ramble on that the Titans were getting a good rush all day and if he dropped back he would be on the goal line and blah, blah, blah. This pissed me off. Would VY or any other great QB have that attitude? No, they would WANT the ball and take a chance to win the game. I'm through with Carr now. He is a loser and always will be. Kubiak can't make him have heart.
O my good lord gosh!!!

Football IQ runs strong in your family does it not, lets go 88 yards with no protection like there was all day and maybe get sacked or have a ball tipped and picked, lets throw it to Dre and trust him O wait he already dropped 2 balls that day I am sure we can trust him to come down with one, I could go on but I am sure I would just loose you...........

I am not a Carr hater but I think he is a looser? Who are you trying to fool with a comment like that.

Lets just say more bad things could have happened to you then good at that point.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
O my good lord gosh!!!

Football IQ runs strong in your family does it not, lets go 88 yards with no protection like there was all day and maybe get sacked or have a ball tipped and picked, lets throw it to Dre and trust him O wait he already dropped 2 balls that day I am sure we can trust him to come down with one, I could go on but I am sure I would just loose you...........

I am not a Carr hater but I think he is a looser? Who are you trying to fool with a comment like that.

Lets just say more bad things could have happened to you then good at that point.

Since you are so intelligent, you probably already know this...... LOSE is spelled with 1 O, not 2.
Old 12-11-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a loser, and I finally see it now. I had so much hope for this guy, the face of the franchise and all that.

He's a loser who is comfortable losing
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

And what if Carr had been sacked in the end zone? Would the same folks have defended the attempt to score?

I doubt it.

They had a 1 point lead at that point and it made good sense to take the knee...IMO.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwffan99tx View Post
Since you are so intelligent, you probably already know this...... LOSE is spelled with 1 O, not 2.
Still does not chaange whhat II saaaid doees ittt!
Old 12-11-2006   #10
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

we need a new qb.. one whose not afraid to step up and take chances.. I can't imagine any qb not being eager to go for a win with the game tied and 50 seconds still left. I was watching the cowboys game( even though that game turned out to be the massacre of texas stadium) and even before the game turned into a rout, i remember it was 4th and 8 and Romo started signaling to Parcells he wanted to go for it. That's the attitude we need, that's the attitude of a winner and a leader. And David Carr is neither a winner or a leader.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
real

Quote:
I don't know of a single QB with any kind of fire in his belly that would have said no thank you to an opprotunity to drive his team to get into position to win...And I don't know about the 88 yard thing...all we needed was a field goal....

If David Carr said no thanks to that, then he didn't have faith in himself or the team...Had I been one of his offensive lineman, I would have looked at him like WTF did he just say ? I can understand Kubiak wanting to be conservative, but as a player for you to not want an opprotunity like that is pretty weak, lame, and sorry....JMO
Old 12-11-2006   #12
Sportsfan
All Pro

I agree, i want a quarterback with a champion's mentality, Carr does not have that from what i've seen. He's a good guy and a good athlete but he just doesn't have the intangibles like a Peyton Manning or Brett Favre has.

I hope next year Sage is back and given a chance at the starting job. I've seen a few interviews w/coaches and other players that say Sage is a true leader and players gravitate toward him b/c of his competitiveness and field general-type qualities.
If not Sage, i hope we can get someone else in here like maybe a Jeff Garcia, or Jake Plummer even. Mabye even Culpepper if he's booted out of Miami since the Piano-man Mr. Harrington seems to have the controls now.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
And what if Carr had been sacked in the end zone? Would the same folks have defended the attempt to score?

I doubt it.

They had a 1 point lead at that point and it made good sense to take the knee...IMO.
"No we should have went deep 3 times"

Your right taking a knee was the right SMART call.
Old 12-11-2006   #14
texan's blue
Rookie

It would've been nice to see them go out with their guns blazing... you had to guess though that if the Titans got the ball first in overtime they had a really good chance at scoring.
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't know of a single QB with any kind of fire in his belly that would have said no thank you to an opprotunity to drive his team to get into position to win...And I don't know about the 88 yard thing...all we needed was a field goal....

If David Carr said no thanks to that, then he didn't have faith in himself or the team...Had I been one of his offensive lineman, I would have looked at him like WTF did he just say ? I can understand Kubiak wanting to be conservative, but as a player for you to not want an opprotunity like that is pretty weak, lame, and sorry....JMO
And the story builds, if you would really like to know, Kubiak said at his presser yesterday after the game that it was his call, so I guess we can just argue this now.
Old 12-11-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

I doubt it.

The game was tied first off....

And yes.....I would have still supported the decision....

This comment makes no sense, because the only people who would have been upset afterward had he gotten sacked would have been the people that didn't want him to go for it in the first place....not the people who wanted them to try to get into field goal range to begin with...
Old 12-11-2006   #17
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Quote:
Still does not chaange whhat II saaaid doees ittt!

Actually I would rather they lost while TRYING to win than to give up and let VY punk them the way he did.
Old 12-11-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And the story builds, if you would really like to know, Kubiak said at his presser yesterday after the game that it was his call, so I guess we can just argue this now.
Of course it was, but Carr did say basically what was quoted on his interview too.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my view on this whole thing.

Carr has most of the abilities needed to play QB, he can run, he can throw, he's in very good shape.

What he lasks, and what this radio interview somewhat acknowledges is that he is not a very good leader. For me a good leader is someone who makes a decision and acts upon it, regardless of whether or not it results in a success. A good leader is one that acts, regardless of the outcome; A bad leader is one that does not act.

To me this is Carr's flaw, he does not act, he does not make a decision. I know there are many other factors to why he has not had too much success, coaches, playcalling, offensive line, running game. But even considering all of these things, I still see a Carr afraid, unable or incapable of acting.
Old 12-11-2006   #20
real

Quote:

Well If you look back at my post post, I said IF Carr said that....

and IF Carr said that he is weak minded...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read