Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Rightnow
Veteran

Smile After the loss this weekend I'm a Texan fan again...

Regulars on this board might remember me saying that I wasnít going to be a fan until the Texans started winning. Well, Iím here to say that I canít give up on my favorite team no matter what, and Iím fully willing to eat crow and say that I was wrong about trying to jump off the bandwagon. I say trying because I kept watching games and wanted them to win.

I voted to bring this team here and will stay with it through thick and thin, and it is very thin right now. This morning is about as bad as it can get for the Texans, but I still support the team.

After reading some of the posts this week leading up to the game and now that the game is over I also donít want to be lumped in with that group of cynics and haters.

So trying to jump off the bandwagon might have been temporary insanity, a lapse in judgment, emotionalism, frustration, or whatever, but Iím still a Texans fan and will remain so no matter what.
Old 12-11-2006   #2
real

Default Re: After the loss this weekend I'm a Texan fan again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post
Regulars on this board might remember me saying that I wasnít going to be a fan until the Texans started winning. Well, Iím here to say that I canít give up on my favorite team no matter what, and Iím fully willing to eat crow and say that I was wrong about trying to jump off the bandwagon. I say trying because I kept watching games and wanted them to win.

I voted to bring this team here and will stay with it through thick and thin, and it is very thin right now. This morning is about as bad as it can get for the Texans, but I still support the team.

After reading some of the posts this week leading up to the game and now that the game is over I also donít want to be lumped in with that group of cynics and haters.

So trying to jump off the bandwagon might have been temporary insanity, a lapse in judgment, emotionalism, frustration, or whatever, but Iím still a Texans fan and will remain so no matter what.

You are a real fan....
Old 12-11-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

this is a good post.
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally! A kindred spirit!

This has to be the bottom, but we have to start somewhere and build from that. Let's give the Titans AND VY their just due in the win, and let's move on. Better that we lost a regular season game that way instead of a playoff game!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
Texansfan36
Veteran

Rooting for the Texans is like being addicted to caffeine (did I even spell that right?), as bad as you know the product is you just can't quit, well at least I can't. As much as the Texans suck, are riddiculed on a regular basis, and all the crap I take for it, I still get a good feeling knowing that I'm a Texan. So welcome back, and hope for brighter days. (I hope that makes sense)

Last edited by Texansfan36; 12-11-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a disappointing loss but I"M STILL A TEXANS FAN! This too shall pass! The one positive is that we will have higher draft picks to build this team up!
I'm confident that Kubiak/Smith will draft well! Nevermind that we didn't draft Vince Bush, like alot of people are saying, but hindsight is 20/20! And I still like Super Mario! I wish these DAMN Titans fans would go back to their own board & gloat there, & for these fair weather fans here to follow them- really, really annoying!!!! H-TOWN SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THEY HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, I am & I don't even live in H-town anymore!
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: After the loss this weekend I'm a Texan fan again...

Quote:
Regulars on this board might remember me saying that I wasn’t going to be a fan until the Texans started winning. Well, I’m here to say that I can’t give up on my favorite team no matter what, and I’m fully willing to eat crow and say that I was wrong about trying to jump off the bandwagon. I say trying because I kept watching games and wanted them to win.

After reading some of the posts this week leading up to the game and now that the game is over I also don’t want to be lumped in with that group of cynics and haters.

So trying to jump off the bandwagon might have been temporary insanity, a lapse in judgment, emotionalism, frustration, or whatever, but I’m still a Texans fan and will remain so no matter what.
BEST THREAD in about 2 months!!! Stop by our tailgate, I havea cold one waiting for you my friend.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I think it is cool for a fan to criticise players, coaches and management. I'm like the guy in last season's Reliant commercial on the Rockets. I yell at the tv and swear I'll not watch another play and then I'm begging them to forgive me. If you aren't a fan you would not care. We want them to do well. At this point I just have to trust Kubiac. AND allow him to make a mistake or three as he is human.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone remember last year? We woulda been been dead lucky to win 4 games, let alone sweep the Jags.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep the faith, Texans fans. Better times are ahead.
Old 12-11-2006   #11
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Another fantastic post. I'm with ya.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

After all... it can't get any worse than Sunday? .......Right????
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic
Talking Re: After the loss this weekend I'm a Texan fan again...

I understand how you have felt and how alot of people feel that pull for the Texans. I found myself yesterday wishing that I had been born in another city so I could pull for any other team. I have caught myself saying that I am not going to watch another play or game.

BUT EVERY SUNDAY I WATCH AS IF IT WERE THE DALLAS GAME AGAIN.

It is an addiction no matter how bad we are or get I will never stop loving the Texans they are like your child you can get upset and frustrated but no matter what they do you still love them.

Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost, but it was good, entertaining football.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Even like a mother with an ugly babby.. I love this team.
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post.

Welcome back...
Old 12-11-2006   #17
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:

Welcome Back, (and came back with a great post as well).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
Mayor_McCheese
Rookie

Nice one bandwagon boy.. that bandwagon crap doesn't fly on the philly boards
Mayor_McCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Nice one bandwagon boy.. that bandwagon crap doesn't fly on the philly boards
Great a Philly fan, being tis the season, don't you have a Santa to boo and throw things at.

J/K
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
Rooting for the Texans is like being addicted to caffeine (did I even spell that right?), as bad as you know the product is you just can't quit, well at least I can't. As much as the Texans suck, are riddiculed on a regular basis, and all the crap I take for it, I still get a good feeling knowing that I'm a Texan. So welcome back, and hope for brighter days. (I hope that makes sense)
that is basically how I feel...no matter how bad I feel, or how much harrassment I get, because I am a Texans fan, I just can't stay away. It's almost like a nicotine fit. Living in Tulsa, I am the only Texans fan around, so you guys are my support group. I don't post very often, but I am here reading the posts every day. I see that others feel like I do, and it just helps me get through my day to know that I'm not alone in my misery. Right now, it hurts to be a fan of this team, but I'll always be one.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read