Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
Rep Power: 10 BigDTexansFan is a team player
Default Peace......out

I have been a fan of the Houston Texans since 2000 right after name was announced, I took a lot of guff from fans of other teams for 2 years. I stood proud and believed in what Mr. McNair wanted to do, I wish he had not gambled his own money on this bet.

For 5 long years I would see flashes of brilliance and think they got it, then next game would play like they couldn't beat a division 2 college team. I have waited and waited for them to get it and through coaching change, player movement, good draft picks, have waited for the Houston Texans to get the idea they have 1 job...WIN.

Will a team win every game no that is ridiculous, BUT they can TRY and WORK and PERSEVERE in attempting to win. Texans quit on team and fans a long time ago, I think it is finally time fans acknowledge the truth. We have a bunch of OVERPAID spoiled MILLIONAIRES who really don't want to win.

I mean does pride and loyalty exist in an environment where you play for highest bidder, I get hurt on my job and I am on the lousy workmen's comp system Texas has for me. I am a Texan player and I get hurt I get a nice paycheck no matter what I get good treatment because they need me back to play.

My company is consolidating operations despite fact we are assured we have outperformed expectations, BUT money talks and you know what walks. So they are moving all their operations out of Texas because state they are chartered in will pay them to setup operations there. I do my job everyday and work hard for what I have, can each and every Texans player say that AND BE HONEST.

I am sick to death of excuses from players, I do my job each and every day 5 days a week. They work 1 day a week and can't do the simplest of tasks (grab somebody hold on and pull them down). If I did my job the way the Houston Texans do theirs I would be on unemployment.

I am sick of making excuses for my team, you know something they make an analogy that football is WAR. BS..My son is serving in Iraq 1 missed assignment, 1 mistake and a lot of your friends are hurt or dead. Houston Texans are playing a kid's game for MILLIONS and no one will die if they don't win.

So I am through excusing the lackluster play of some highly compensated people, I mean I know I will hear they won't let us win what can we do. I go to work and most of you do in a traffic jam that at any moment can wreck your car, your health, take your income away, do you sit home saying they won't let me...do you let the loss of a job stop you...they won't let me.

Texans Players simply put in 1 word...BULL*****!!! You either set the tone and pace of the game or your opponent does, obviously that simple fact has escaped this team of highly paid yet unenthusiastic millionaires and I for one am sick of IT.

This is a game of audience participation, I choose to no longer participate in this exercise of futility. I am sure next year they will improve...I won't care. I have removed any way to contact me and will NEVER visit this site again, I spent the last 6 years believing in them and hoping they would catch pride of the name TEXANS.

Now I see Houston Texans might as well print name on toilet paper because players don't give a ...., I am done with this and wish the fans of the team and the finest man have ever gotten to meet Mr. Robert McNair all the best wishes this holiday season and in years to come.

I will no longer spend my hard-earned money on a bunch of primadonnas who can't play a game, most of them have played since age 9 or so at at every level achieved a measure of success (you don't get paid to do something you stink at). I put away all my Texans gear and will not check box score, nor care anymore and waste my time worrying about a bunch of people who can't do what they are paid to do.

G-d Bless and good wishes
__________________
Houston Texans BEST team in Texas...BAR NONE
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,252
Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Ya know, the irony of all this is that the Texans, on the whole, played a heck of a game Sunday against the Titans. If that 1st down VY got in the 4th qtr. in the red zone, to let Travis Henry score a play or two later, had been a sack or a tackle for short yardage, then overtime never would've happened and Houston wins. That's it....one play. One scramble. Then there's the obvious final play of overtime. The Texans played well overall (for the most part) and went into overtime against a team that is definitely hot right now and on the rise. The shame of it all is that they lost because the guy they passed on, that was begging them to take him, came back, played a good game, and most of all scrambled for 39 yds. to win the game on the last play. It's not that they aren't getting better. They proved that they're getting better today. It's that they have obviously done something incredibly stupid with a franchise that was already hurting badly and a fanbase that IS SICK OF WAITING.

Trade Down

VY

RB

Matt Leinart

Do you see "Mario Williams" in that list? I changed my mind several times last offseason, but I never once wanted Mario Williams at #1. Who did? Casserly, Kubiak, and about 5 Texans fans? I'm sorry, but this is how I feel and it's nothing agaisnt Williams, because he's a class act and a great player, but come on.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,252
Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Thank God they were slick enough to take Ryans and Daniels or the fanbase would be moving to NO, Tennessee, and Dallas. Yeah, we got plenty of places for disgruntled fans to disappear to.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
texan's blue
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 10 texan's blue is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Peace......out

I'll be the first to say it.... BYE!!!

I hope you mean it..... Please don't come back when the Texans turn things around. Admittedly at this rate that could take a while.
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 30
Posts: 15,495
Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan's blue View Post
I'll be the first to say it.... BYE!!!

I hope you mean it..... Please don't come back when the Texans turn things around. Admittedly at this rate that could take a while.

So basically because someone is tired of supporting a losing team that shows no progress, or because someone is tired of watching football that isn't fun anymore, you say good riddance?
__________________
Adios until next season. See you then
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
texan's blue
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 10 texan's blue is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
So basically because someone is tired of supporting a losing team that shows no progress, or because someone is tired of watching football that isn't fun anymore, you say good riddance?
I guarantee that even the most hardcore Texans fan is tired of the inconsistency of this team. I know I am and I've come close many times to hanging it up... but I'm still here and so are you. The loses don't hurt when they are close... the ugly ones do. But we are still fans through thick and thin. He has given up, has said goodbye and has sworn to never return and I hope that he is man of his word. To that I say good riddance.
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 47,896
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
So basically because someone is tired of supporting a losing team that shows no progress, or because someone is tired of watching football that isn't fun anymore, you say good riddance?
YES!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 30
Posts: 15,495
Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YES!
you know, I would agree if with you if there was even a shred of hope for the team, or if the games were at least fun to watch, or if there were some key players we all felt connected to.

The fact is theres not:

1) The offense looks more inept (even against the Titants 20something ranked D) than it did midseason

2) The offense is so bad that the defense gets tired, thereby making both the horrible offense boring to watch and the tired defense painful to watch

3) Except for DeMeco Ryans, every player on this team comes with baggage or is flawed. Probably over 50% of the fans hate the QB. Thats not a good way to builid a fan base
__________________
Adios until next season. See you then
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
texan's blue
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 10 texan's blue is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
you know, I would agree if with you if there was even a shred of hope for the team, or if the games were at least fun to watch, or if there were some key players we all felt connected to.

The fact is theres not:

1) The offense looks more inept (even against the Titants 20something ranked D) than it did midseason

2) The offense is so bad that the defense gets tired, thereby making both the horrible offense boring to watch and the tired defense painful to watch

3) Except for DeMeco Ryans, every player on this team comes with baggage or is flawed. Probably over 50% of the fans hate the QB. Thats not a good way to builid a fan base

I know one game doesn't make up for all the ugly games but yesterday was a hell of a game... That was one of the most exciting games I've watch in a long time. Our offense looked pretty good as did our D. What game did you watch??????
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 47,896
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
you know, I would agree if with you if there was even a shred of hope for the team, or if the games were at least fun to watch, or if there were some key players we all felt connected to.

The fact is theres not:

1) The offense looks more inept (even against the Titants 20something ranked D) than it did midseason

2) The offense is so bad that the defense gets tired, thereby making both the horrible offense boring to watch and the tired defense painful to watch

3) Except for DeMeco Ryans, every player on this team comes with baggage or is flawed. Probably over 50% of the fans hate the QB. Thats not a good way to builid a fan base

Everything you say is true and warrants no arguments from me... I am just saying that I know how miserable I was for 7 years without a team and as PO'd as I am now with the current state of affairs - it pales in comparison to then..... So, if "supposed" fans want to jump ship, so be it.

Of course in a couple / few years from now, when we are in the playoffs, these will be the same fans claiming to have been with their team all along... It's called front-running.... So..... Good riddance...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
OzzO
.. and then?
 
OzzO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: northside
Posts: 6,603
Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Peace......out

Funny how after each loss someone writes their farewell speech. Ah well, another one bites the dust.

Agree with Texansblue above though, the loss sucks (as always) and I actually laughed leaving the stadium yesterday because yesterday could not have been a more "perfect finish" for so many reasons. But it was a competitive game and kept the interest till the overtime end.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
texan's blue
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 10 texan's blue is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Funny how after each loss someone writes their farewell speech. Ah well, another one bites the dust.

Agree with Texansblue above though, the loss sucks (as always) and I actually laughed leaving the stadium yesterday because yesterday could not have been a more "perfect finish" for so many reasons. But it was a competitive game and kept the interest till the overtime end.
Guess I'm a little more "glass half full" than the rest... I've just learned to pull as much good out of each game as possible. Last year was the absolute worst season I've ever experienced as a Texans fan. This year I feel like a puppy who has been locked up all day... any play time is like heaven...
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 47,896
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Funny how after each loss someone writes their farewell speech. Ah well, another one bites the dust.

Agree with Texansblue above though, the loss sucks (as always) and I actually laughed leaving the stadium yesterday because yesterday could not have been a more "perfect finish" for so many reasons. But it was a competitive game and kept the interest till the overtime end.
LOL.... As PO'd as I was, I did the same thing... I was thinking to myself walking down the ramp "perfect"... "Couldn't have scripted it any better" and chuckling...

I hope the people looking at me didn't think that I snapped.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,800
Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

If your saying your no longer a fan, you never were a fan to begin with.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 46
Posts: 47,896
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peace......out

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If your saying your no longer a fan, you never were a fan to begin with.
EXACTLY!!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro
 
Bamaborn-Texasbred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Galveston, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 550
Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Peace......out

Adios muchacho!
__________________
Are you looking forward to baseball season as much as I am?
Bamaborn-Texasbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger