Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How in the world does VY do it?

I don't get it. He's not a great passer. He isn't as elusive as Vick. He doesn't have good stats. But he wins. Jeez, he just wins every game he wants to. Its sort of weird. I never believed in "it" before, but watching highlights of VY these past 3 weeks have been insane.
24 point comeback against the NYG in the final 15
Comeback win against the Colts
Comeback win against the Texans

Its like something just clicks inside him and he "decides" its time to win the game, and then he does.

I'm not saying I want him on the Texans, lets just keep this about VY and not about the Texans. Thats why its in the NFL discussion section.

this photo says it all
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/ph...meId=261210034
Old 12-11-2006   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How in the world does VY do it?

Maybe it's like one of those RPGs where when your health gets low, you get access to really awesome skills and stuff, and only the main characters get that skill.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
texaslifter
Veteran

Man, hes done nothing but make plays and win games since his days at Madison. All the UT fans weren't just being homers when we were telling everyone how good he is - we really wanted to spread the word but some people couldn't put aside their hate for the longhorns enough to see it, and now even still... its a topic of debate. I don't see why.

I think its pretty clear. VY has something special, hes "magic on the field".
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

He does it because he is a winner. Some people win, some people don't and sometimes it is that simple.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Poor passing mechanics
2. 6 on his wonderlic test
3. Played in shotgun his whole life
4. Prefers to run than pass
5. Wins every game he wants to win.

Weird, isn't it?
Old 12-11-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
1. Poor passing mechanics
2. 6 on his wonderlic test
3. Played in shotgun his whole life
4. Prefers to run than pass
5. Wins every game he wants to win.

Weird, isn't it?
#4 is a lie....
Old 12-11-2006   #7
real

delete
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

How does he do it, well when you blitz eveyone on the field and they dont stay in their lanes and a whole opens up the size of a truck all he has to do is take off sprinting it is not hard to see that, it is not off a different world.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a sorcerer!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

He does it by getting his teammates to believe in him and that in turn makes them play better.

How does he do it? One word: Leadership
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
How does he do it, well when you blitz eveyone on the field and they dont stay in their lanes and a whole opens up the size of a truck all he has to do is take off sprinting it is not hard to see that, it is not off a different world.
Yeah....

There's nothing special about what he did.....anybody could have done it....

Old 12-11-2006   #12
Orion
Rookie

he's just got it man, he always has....like the other guys said, longhorn fans have been trying to spread the news...but we didin't in time....we weren't making things up,,,,,.....what a finish, i gave up my tickets to the game because i didn't want to root for him in the reliant statdium, wouldn't feel right...but it was an amazing finish by him......AGAIN..and AGAIN and AGAIIN.......

so now thats 3 lucky weeks in a row.....damn this kid is LUCKY

GREAT GAME VINCE.....That score had me yelling at the top of my lungs again, i haven't done that for pro football in a while...it felt great....
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

His speed is the only thing that's above average. He is deceptively fast; I suppose 6'5" strides can do that. When defenses keep containment on him, he will not be too difficult to corral. When a safety gets blocked 20 yards downfield, that's when the problems start to occur.
Old 12-11-2006   #14
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I don't get it. He's not a great passer. He isn't as elusive as Vick. He doesn't have good stats. But he wins. Jeez, he just wins every game he wants to. Its sort of weird. I never believed in "it" before, but watching highlights of VY these past 3 weeks have been insane.
24 point comeback against the NYG in the final 15
Comeback win against the Colts
Comeback win against the Texans

Its like something just clicks inside him and he "decides" its time to win the game, and then he does.

I'm not saying I want him on the Texans, lets just keep this about VY and not about the Texans. Thats why its in the NFL discussion section.

this photo says it all
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/ph...meId=261210034
Like he said, he runs like his momma is chasing him with a belt. VY is authentic. Guys like DC haven't figured out who they are yet. VY is his own man out of necessity. He was a ready made Paul Bunyan for the Texans to pick up. He is country like Earl and home spun like Bum. In a word, he might be bigger than the franchise and the skinflint we have calling the shots here isn't comfy enough in his skin to have some competition for the power. Predictable results follow. It's okay to be New England tough with holdouts if you're good. When you're dead last, who the hell do you think you are acting like you got the bull by the horns. You got nothing and you need help. No position to play hard ball.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86 View Post
His speed is the only thing that's above average. He is deceptively fast; I suppose 6'5" strides can do that. When defenses keep containment on him, he will not be too difficult to corral. When a safety gets blocked 20 yards downfield, that's when the problems start to occur.
Tacklers bounce off his thigh pads just like in college. and high school. Big surprise. He's doing it in the NFL.
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86 View Post
His speed, his arm, his size, his elusiveness, his poise, his vision, his leadership... that's all above average. He's averaging 6.6 yards per carry with 5 TDs on the ground in 10 starts... he's never easy to corral. I find it unbelievable that people continue to question his abilities at this point... just keep on digging, maybe you'll eventually reach China and VY won't be exceptional.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #17
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
His speed, his arm, his size, his elusiveness, his poise, his vision, his leadership... that's all above average. He's averaging 6.6 yards per carry with 5 TDs on the ground in 10 starts... he's never easy to corral. I find it unbelievable that people continue to question his abilities at this point... just keep on digging, maybe you'll eventually reach China and VY won't be exceptional.

word, all that crap about poor mechanics is just that...."crap"....the ball gets where it needs to be...he proved it in college and he's proving it now.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'm not riding his jock when I say this (maybe I am, but who cares), but I must personally say that Vince Young has been apart of some of the greatest football games that I've ever witnessed. Madison vs. Northshore in '01 is STILL one of the better football games that I've seen in my lifetime. Add those on with the 2 Rose Bowl victories and yesterdays game and Mr. VY has a pretty good "great game" resume thus far.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I might be annually selling my ticket when the Titans visit Reliant. I don't think I can take watching Young doing this to the hometown team for the next 10 years in a row. With as much love and hype as he generates (and deservedly so), I'm sure I can make enough money off my one game to pay for the other 7 home games.

As an NFL fan, he's a blast to watch. As a Texans fan, I dread these two games a year now.
Old 12-11-2006   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I might be annually selling my ticket when the Titans visit Reliant. I don't think I can take watching Young doing this to the hometown team for the next 10 years in a row. With as much love and hype as he generates (and deservedly so), I'm sure I can make enough money off my one game to pay for the other 7 home games.

As an NFL fan, he's a blast to watch. As a Texans fan, I dread these two games a year now.
Hold on little samurai--marginal improvement in any phase of the game (cough QB cough) and VY trots home a loser twice this year. It is bad, but not hari kari time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read