Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2006   #1
ComstockLode
Veteran

Default Vince Young: "this is my house!"

Saw the replay after the TD, and these were the words out of his mouth....

Thank you texans front office. No matter what team he played for....it became his house.

Also from Al Michaels posing as a texans fan: "if i were a Texans fans I would be asking what the hell is our management doing."
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
ComstockLode
Veteran

Default Re: Vince Young: "this is my house!"

But man david carr is so efficient.
Old 12-11-2006   #3
ComstockLode
Veteran

How many receptions would reggie bush have if he played for the texans????

200?
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

After what Vince did today and what Reggie did tonight, it's a bad day for the Texans.

Not to mention during the LSU/Texas basketball broadcast on ESPN tonight, Dick Vitale said about 10 times "what were the Texans thinking? They could have had Vince Young or Reggie Bush!!"
Old 12-11-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't wanna be hated on this one, but i think its time for everyone to realize that the texans made a big big mistake, but im still gonna support them, but please dont do it again

as of right now i realize that it was a mistake, and bush or vince would of been a better choice

GO TEXANS
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope i can regret what i just said in the next couple years, but as of right now it was a big big big big mistake
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel sorry for Texans fans. It's not you guys' fault. You don't make these decisions. You pay people to make these decisions.

I really wish it was better for you guys, I do.
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

eh.. there isnt a team in the league that cant look back and say "Boy we really screwed the pooch by not taking that guy"..

It happens. The only reason that its a "big deal" with VY is because he was a Houston guy and the UT fans have to wear loose pants when they watch him play.

It will pass when we start winning... here is what we need to do.

1) Draft a young QB for Kubiak to groom
2) Sign another good Olineman and draft a couple more
3) Get a FS to help out our struggling CBs
4) Trade David Carr as soon as we feel our rookie can take the reins
5) Get Mario some help on the Dline.
6) Re-sign our young star players.

That should be our strategy coming into the offseason, and into next year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I feel sorry for Texans fans. It's not you guys' fault. You don't make these decisions. You pay people to make these decisions.

I really wish it was better for you guys, I do.
In one form or another, so do we.
Old 12-11-2006   #10
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
eh.. there isnt a team in the league that cant look back and say "Boy we really screwed the pooch by not taking that guy"..

It happens. The only reason that its a "big deal" with VY is because he was a Houston guy and the UT fans have to wear loose pants when they watch him play.

Or:

1. Dont resign david carr
2. Draft vince young

Then our team is automatically much better, but here is the next step IMO:

1. Draft Adrian Peterson
2. Sign O-linemen
3. Sign free agent QB
4. Sign DT's/draft a DT
5. Find competent safeties
Old 12-11-2006   #11
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:

What you are missing is: It isnt like passing on any player....this is the biggest miss for two reasons both I am sure of:

1. Vince young will win championships
2. He plays for the titans who left houston.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw Young say that...the rage ran through me. I dont care where he was born or where he played college football for a team that plays mostly crappy teams all season, if you are not in a Texans uniform...it isn't your house. Him saying that made me hate him...i took offense. I didnt want Vince at the draft and I still dont want him now.

I still would take Bush.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dude, it's not going to pass until VY retires or is out of the league for whatever reason. There won't be another VY coming around the corner anytime soon. I don't care who we end up with. This team royally effed up and so many of us fans were screaming this BEFORE they did it. I firmly believe the Texans would be where the Titans are right now if they would have drafted VY. Titans players saying that his vibe and attitude just makes them all want to run through a wall says it all. I am not convinced the Titans are that much more talented than the Texans. You saw what they looked like without VY, pathetic.

I need a puking smilie.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode View Post
Or:

1. Dont resign david carr
2. Draft vince young

Then our team is automatically much better, but here is the next step IMO:

1. Draft Adrian Peterson
2. Sign O-linemen
3. Sign free agent QB
4. Sign DT's/draft a DT
5. Find competent safeties
While you are back there in last season's draft, buy me some google stock. Oh, and then go back and introduce your parents to condoms.

As for your keys to success. We are rebuilding, we arent trying to get those last couple wins to make it to the playoffs. We need to draft our key players so that we arent rebuilding again in 3 - 4 years.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
K.D.
Veteran

I'm sick of hearing what our FO wouda,couda, shoudda did. They made a pick that they thought was what we needed and I for one agree. Just becuz the guy is not having a pro-bowl year doesn't make the pick a bad one. It's so easy for people, fans,media to say how stupid we were to take Mario, but these are the same people who base their opinions solely on stats and personal feelings. Don't get me wrong, VY is on a good roll and RB is starting to come around, but our pick is going to have his time to shine. It might not happen until we are a complete team but it will happen. Once we get a stud DT or maybe 2, Mario is going to be a stud. He can't do it all by himself but with legit linemen by his side, I have no doubt he will be what we expect him to be. Just my opinion,tho.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

As for your keys to success. We are rebuilding, we arent trying to get those last couple wins to make it to the playoffs. We need to draft our key players so that we arent rebuilding again in 3 - 4 years.
You can only play the rebuilding card for so long. Look at the Titans, Jets, and Saints. The Texans can't be rebuilding cause they don't have anything to "rebuild."

I would say the Texans are still "building."
Old 12-11-2006   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

VY is who we thought he was !! You wanna crown him ! CROWN HIS ASS !

Really though , I give his props . he did what I figured he was gonna do . Hes good . He was the man today ! Now though , I must become a Vince Hater . I was neutral on him before this but now ....... I can no longer like the guy . I'm not being a sore loser , I'm just being a true Texan fan , and that's hard to do right about now . I will not give up on my team .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
You can only play the rebuilding card for so long. Look at the Titans, Jets, and Saints. The Texans can't be rebuilding cause they don't have anything to "rebuild."

I would say the Texans are still "building."
Well yah we are still "building" .

Its more "rebuilding" to us because our past coaching staff tried to pass off this team as built in thier final year.. we were expecting at least an 8-8 season and ended up 2-14.

So, to us its "rebuilding" because we are undoing all the mistakes of the past staff, and trying to fix it.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
ulsaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
I'm sick of hearing what our FO wouda,couda, shoudda did. They made a pick that they thought was what we needed and I for one agree. Just becuz the guy is not having a pro-bowl year doesn't make the pick a bad one. It's so easy for people, fans,media to say how stupid we were to take Mario, but these are the same people who base their opinions solely on stats and personal feelings. Don't get me wrong, VY is on a good roll and RB is starting to come around, but our pick is going to have his time to shine. It might not happen until we are a complete team but it will happen. Once we get a stud DT or maybe 2, Mario is going to be a stud. He can't do it all by himself but with legit linemen by his side, I have no doubt he will be what we expect him to be. Just my opinion,tho.
Mario Williams at his best, which in my opinion will be a slightly above average DE, will never amount to anything that VY or RB will be.

Saying anything other, is blind homerism.
ulsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #20
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Talking Re: Vince Young: "this is my house!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
When I saw Young say that...the rage ran through me. I dont care where he was born or where he played college football for a team that plays mostly crappy teams all season, if you are not in a Texans uniform...it isn't your house. Him saying that made me hate him...i took offense. I didnt want Vince at the draft and I still dont want him now.

I still would take Bush.
He IS a Texan. He grew up less than 6 miles from the stadium/astrodome.

If anything, HE IS A TEXAN, not Californian Carr.

Remember... VINCE>USCalifornia.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read