Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ramblings

Many people say that they could feel that VY was going to win the game on that 3rd down play. I didn't. I was yelling as loud as possible, and I really thought the defense would hold up.

If you recorded the game, re-watch that last play. I don't ever think I've seen one human being put as much effort into any one thing as VY did running the last 10 yards. Sometimes guys pull up as they go into the endzone but Young was sprinting with full force. From 635 I could feel how bad he wanted it.

After VY scored, I looked at my girlfriend and told her, ''I think I'm going to throw up."

The good news is......we're terrible this year. Sure we got burned by VY, but we're not going anywhere anyway. It would hurt a lot more if this was a playoff or crucial late season game.

Kubiak is taking a lot of heat right now. We have to remember that he is a rookie too, and we need to give him some slack.

Today's game was a nightmare come true, but I'm glad I was there to witness it.

Lastly......Kudos to Texans fans today. Being at every game this year, I think the fans really stepped up today. The atmosphere was electric. I noticed more upper deck involvement, it was louder in general, and very few people left early.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ramblings

Agreed on the "fan front." I really was expecting a more pro-VY crowd - instead we had a great home field advantage (albeit a wasted one).
Old 12-10-2006   #3
htownhitman
Rookie

I could feel it. I felt it on draft day. For so long I denied it. I rationalized it - "hey, Kubiak and the front office must know more about this stuff than me -- they get paid to do the leg work and the analysis -- and they get paid very well for it." -- so I trusted them.

And I could feel it today driving to the stadium. Dreary, cold, wet. I didn't want to go. I felt a sick obligation to go. "This is your punishment," I told myself, "for being such a sucker, to throw $ after $ away in support of a team that hasn't proven anything...."

Kind of like the scene in Donnie Brasco where the Al Pacino character knows he's going to get whacked --- I went into that stadium just knowing what was going to happen.

I watched the game with a glimmer of hope. Maybe my 5 yrs of support for this team would be rewarded. Maybe the Texans would send me home happy and into work next week with a smile on my face.

But they didn't.
htownhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Andre Johnson?? Remember when he used o be the hardest WR to bring down? His 1st couple of season, it was nearly impossible for a DB to bring him down 1 on 1. Now it's seldom that I see AJ break a tackle.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read