Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sign here if you can't take it anymore.

I'll always be a Texans fan as long as they play in and for the city of Houston, but I won't spend nearly the amount of time, money, and energy I've spent on them over the past 5 years unitl they show me some sign things are looking up.

If you have been a die hard fan, if you still are a true fan, but you simply can't take supporting this mess of a team anymore, sign up. Maybe we can send it in to the FO and hope they wake up
Old 12-10-2006   #2
BWPaint
Rookie

Default Re: Sign here if you can't take it anymore.

I have bought season tickets in the Club level since the start....I am done, stick a fork in me,...no more money towards this team...and it has nothing to do with being a fan....it has to do with common sense....enough is enough, this organization has a lot to learn and a lot to show me before I can bring myself to buy another ticket....especially at 180 dollars pet ticket / per game and 9.50 for a single drink....their concession prices are an entirely different subject that I will refrain from, or I may blow nut....
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
htownhitman
Rookie

Sign me up. I'll watch the games from home as long as they have "Houston" in their name, and I'll take the abuse from my friends around the country for our general ineptness, but I won't buy any more shirts jerseys and hats for a while.

I'm a PSL season ticket holder from day one, spent over $15K in support of my team. At some point you've gotta try to recoup some of your losses.

After the first 2 home games this season, my tickets have been posted on Stubhub and available for the right price.
htownhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. You have to look at like this: Football means nothing. It is a luxury, entertainment, a privilege. Would you pay $1000 to watch a terrible movie? I hope not. So why would you pay $1000 to watch a terrible football team?

If the football team is not competitive, if the entertainment is not worth the money, why would you pay money for it?

There will be fans who say that supporting a terrible team through its bad years makes the winning that much sweeter, and that fans who only start caring once the team starts winning aren't real fans.
My response? Who cares.
Its expensive in both terms of time and money to be a fan of a football team, and if the Texans are going to look like this, why should I waste money?

So to all you fans who claim I'm not a real fan, I'll reclaim back at you that you are bad with your money. There is veery little you can say to convince me that watching the Texans is good entertainment, and therefore there is no reason to support them financially.

Watching a team rebuild is one thing. Watching a team regress midway through the season is something else altogether.
Old 12-10-2006   #5
wenskek
Rookie

This is BS, this team needs to be completely revamped! they have no swagger and no confidence. the O is sloppy and the D can only keep us in a game for so long. Its time for kubiak to take a step back and evaluate every player on this time. i wouldn't be suprised to see moulds asking for a trade here in about 4 weeks, this is not the way he wants to end his career.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you sell any ticketst a profit on Stubhub?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
TexanLen
Veteran

So reading this, I gather that the only fans of the Texans have money and spent money on the team. By spending all the money on tickets and stuff, there is some kind of investment. What do you get from your investment if they win? The same as if you lose, right? Nothing. You probably lose more because you have to buy the t-shirts and hats showing you won. You get bragging rights. Money is spent. It is a luxury. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You can watch for free on CBS every sunday.

I have season tickets. I am debating if i will keep them or not. I may not go to another game this season, but i will follow and watch the team. My beer is cheaper, concessions cheaper, and no line for the restroom. I have my buddies over and there is a damn good picture on my 60" TV. BUT If i get them, I have that option if i go or not. I don't want to be like all the bandwagoners who try to buy tickets IF they start winning. I may not even go if they do start winning. I like having that option.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at the end of my rope with following Houston football period. I have suffered too many years as all longtimers. I have given this team 5 years of my fandom and money (season tix and merchandise) and have gotten nothing but more heartache in return. When they decided to renew Carr's contract and pass on VY I forsaw this disaster (disaster is an understatement). Not only for passing on a guy that would give life to this team but also for the PR mess it would cause. To make matters worse he goes to Bud and the Titans, a team I HATE. Now the Texans and their fans (especially old Oilers fans) are set up to be humiliated by VY and Bud for the next 10 years or more. I don't think I want to go through that, I think I've had enough. I often think I need to move on from the whole Houston football thing. I took too personal the move of the Oilers and everytime I see a Titans uniform it's an insult to me. Kinda weird when the city in general didn't seem to care. I thought the Texans would replace the Oilers for me and I would get over all of this but it's only getting worse. I follow the Giants also since I used to live in NY and am seriously thinking about dropping my Texans tickets, getting NFL Sunday tickets and just follow the Giants. I do know that I will be doing a lot of thinking about this during the offseason.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
bigcarlos
Veteran

Here Here
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Signed.

A Texans fan can only take so much...

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
I signed !! I am so tired of Carr. I hear rumors keep escalating that Carr just signed a three year extension.....I hope that rumor is just false!!!
They signed him to a 3 year extension right after they decided that VY wouldn't be the right choice for the Texans. No need for winners on this team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
texaslifter
Veteran

Signed

How many weekends have to be ruined before I snap back to reality and learn that organizing my weekend around rooting for the Texans is as pointless as wishing ESPN would get a competitor.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #13
LoneStarState
Veteran

This franchise, and pro football in general in Houston, is cursed.
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm trying NOT to sign this. I'm an old Oilers fan from childhood. A man can only take so much heartache. I still hear FRESH in my mind listening to the game as they lose to the buffalo bills 35-3 on the way home from VA. Stopping at a store to actually see some of the game. Heartbreak

Then that bastard adams packing up my luv ya blue and taking them to nashville. Fine you fat fart go. Then WON'T even let us keep the name out of spite.

To seal it all off they take VY the hometown hero and regardless of what anyone says YES it damn matters to me that the kid wanted to play here. Even worse is playing for the devil.

I think I need football counseling.
Old 12-11-2006   #15
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

This team needs true fans, not fair weather fans. I'll be watching every game, win or lose. Good riddance to you guys.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #16
texaslifter
Veteran

True fans are allowed to vent in frustration. If we weren't true fans, it wouldn't matter to us.
Old 12-11-2006   #17
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
This team needs true fans, not fair weather fans. I'll be watching every game, win or lose. Good riddance to you guys.
this team and its fans need to feel like they are moving in a positive direction and its VERY hard to when you just get beat by the hometown hero most wanted and not to mention the kind of play he beat us on.

Not to mention you don't even see the current QB throw for more than 140 yards. These aren't FAIR weather fans they are FRUSTRATED.
Old 12-11-2006   #18
texaslifter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
We are not tired of the Texans! We are just tired of the BS they do like pick wrong players for the draft. The 2k6 draft was the best draft they had! It saddens me that Vince wanted to play here and Mcnair just laughed like Vince wouldn't change a thing. I remember this during the combine. Now Carr and his GLORIOUS stats are helping us win games. Its time for a change and we need IT. Carr keep pumping up those stats because we need trade bait!
God yes on the completion percentage thing. I hope he keeps padding them so we can get some decent value out of him.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly isn't in the league anymore. Most GM's watch game film when they trade and don't just scan a stat line.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #20
ToroFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Casserly isn't in the league anymore. Most GM's watch game film when they trade and don't just scan a stat line.
I wish they would call Casserly out on TV, when he is doing his "insider" job and ask him about Carr and Dilfer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read