Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-10-2006   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Drew Brees

What a gutsy players. Man I love this QB. We should draft Troy Smith!!
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drew Brees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Brees is an example that a QB DOES make a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Even if it IS with a SUCKY TEAM!
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the 2006 MVP in my book.

and maybe i'm a little bitter we passed on brees. twice.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #4
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the 2006 MVP in my book.

and maybe i'm a little bitter we passed on brees. twice.
It's a two horse race at this point for sure. I honestly couldn't be upset at either Brees or LT as the selection. Of course the homer in me wants Brees to win it, but I know damn well that LT is the best football player on the planet.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

LT isn't even the most valuable player on that team. philip rivers is.

yes. yes he is.
Old 12-11-2006   #6
Buckle
Veteran

One the Saints aren't a bad team. They had a good core of solid players and are a couple of players away from being the top NFC team year in and year out. I think the positions they need help in is defensive secondary, a play making TE and some d-line, o-line, and LB depth. Second did you just say that Rivers is the most valuable player on the Chargers??? Are you serious?? Don't get me wrong I love Rivers and think he will be an amazing QB, but do you watch what LT does for the Chargers?? Do you see how many times LT puts the Chargers offense on his shoulders and just carries them to wins?? I love LT and think he deserves to be MVP which he will be this year, which is unfortunate for Drew Brees because he is having an incredible year and ANY other year he would be the MVP hands down, oh well theres always next year Drew.
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well, tomlinson carried the team to plenty of yards and touchdowns in years past, only to wind up with the first pick in the draft. brees proved it in san diego; that team doesn't win without a quarterback. no matter how good tomlinson is. and he's proving it in new orleans.
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2006   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
LT isn't even the most valuable player on that team. philip rivers is.

yes. yes he is.
You can always make an argument that the running game helps the QB as well as saying the passing game helps the RB.

In this case, I don't see how anybody could say Rivers is the reason for LT's success.

LT is the runaway MVP this year. By the time he's done, his rushing TD record will be put alongside Cy Young's, 511 wins, Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak, etc. I will not live long enough to see it broken.

Brees will finish 2nd. Funny that both were teammates not only in San Diego but in a Texas high school all-star game as well.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #9
Mr. B
Rookie

I wouldn't be so sure that LT walks away with it.

People are saying yea LT is the Best football player but Bree's is more valueable to his team so to speak.

Both would be good choices.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #10
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Drew Brees is six foot like Troy Smith. And, Drew is from Texas (Austin to be exact). The last time he played in Texas Stadium, he was winning the 5A Chamionship.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 12-11-2006 at 10:35 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

LT by a mile.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints almost made the playoffs at 8-8 and I thought they would be playoff bound last year, until Hurricane Katrina hit. Not much of a surprise, not in my eyes.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read