Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Now will you listen to us F.O.?

Dear Mr Mcnair,

You owe us man!!!! You really owe us. Today what you did was evaporate any revenue or fan base that you have in Austin. I am not saying that us die hard fans will stop but I am saying you made it harder for us to be fans. Us fans in Austin are now going to have to find a place to watch any games as I am sure local broadcasting will no longer show Texans and will now show Titans football.

Going to games is hard to do. I've gone to 5 games and our team is a total 1-4 during that time. On top of the ridiculous prices, the money it cost to drive 6 hours to and from Houston is not worth it and I can't even continue to watch on TV because they wont show you here except for when we play Vince.

Hopefully this time in the draft you will not be dumb enough to let a guy that you are firing make the decisions for the future of your football team and ablige us enough to take the guy we want especially when we call in to say we will wait another 4 years to get better as long as you get this guy.

That pocket book better open up wide this offseason because you need a winner fast.

Here are some names incase you don't watch football enough to know .

Lance Briggs
Nate Clemens
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Troy Smith
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Now will you listen to us F.O.?

which faction should he have listened to, based on today's game? The VY faction? Or the Bush faction? If he'd listened to the Bush faction and Carr was still playing poorly, would the fans still be clamoring for VY? Just curious.
Old 12-10-2006   #3
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Dear Mr Mcnair,

You owe us man!!!! You really owe us. Today what you did was evaporate any revenue or fan base that you have in Austin. I am not saying that us die hard fans will stop but I am saying you made it harder for us to be fans. Us fans in Austin are now going to have to find a place to watch any games as I am sure local broadcasting will no longer show Texans and will now show Titans football.

Going to games is hard to do. I've gone to 5 games and our team is a total 1-4 during that time. On top of the ridiculous prices, the money it cost to drive 6 hours to and from Houston is not worth it and I can't even continue to watch on TV because they wont show you here except for when we play Vince.

Hopefully this time in the draft you will not be dumb enough to let a guy that you are firing make the decisions for the future of your football team and ablige us enough to take the guy we want especially when we call in to say we will wait another 4 years to get better as long as you get this guy.

That pocket book better open up wide this offseason because you need a winner fast.

Lance Briggs
Nate Clemens
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Troy Smith
I am from Houston. Where do i sign this letter to McNair?

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the faction is 4.5 sacks versus two guys vying for Rookie of the Year....
Old 12-10-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Mr Mcnair,

Lance Briggs
Nate Clemens
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Troy Smith
Well the best he can do with that list is get maybe half of those guys so your faction would still be pissed off that he didnt trade the team for the draft picks he would need.

By the way, its Clements, not Clemens.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
which faction should he have listened to, based on today's game? The VY faction? Or the Bush faction? If he'd listened to the Bush faction and Carr was still playing poorly, would the fans still be clamoring for VY? Just curious.
does no matter which faction..............Bush and VY factions are headed the right way................how are those 25 tackles and 4.5 sacks looking? Or that 8 mil extention for Carr when it could have paid Brees an extra 2 mil? Inquiring minds want to know?
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
does no matter which faction..............Bush and VY factions are headed the right way................how are those 25 tackles and 4.5 sacks looking? Or that 8 mil extention for Carr when it could have paid Brees an extra 2 mil? Inquiring minds want to know?

Bingo Bongo! You nailed it...
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Well the faction is 4.5 sacks versus two guys vying for Rookie of the Year....
well that is comparing offense Rookie of the Year with Defensive rookie of the year.. and we have one of those.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well that is comparing offense Rookie of the Year with Defensive rookie of the year.. and we have one of those.
There is no doubt that Demeco is the man; however, we have wasted away millions on you know who...

Would have been nice to have the offensive and defensive Rookies of the Year - wouldn't it?
Old 12-10-2006   #10
Koolbrz
Veteran

All I can say is that IT SUX TO BE A TEXAN FAN right now!!! The 2 best players in the draft this last yr. are on other teams. Having great seasons. What do we have 4.5 sacks. VY is on a 5 game winning streak, Bush has been hot lately, and Mario...What happened to Mario today?? I dont remember hearing his name called at all in the second half. What the hell wwere you thinking CC and Kubes. We have needed a Gamebreaker on the offensive side of the ball and we get Mario. VY/Bush does not matter to me as long as we had one of the two. We dont, so we have to suck it up and watch them have great games for someone else. VY 218 passing 86 rushing 1 td, Bush 125 receiving 1 td, Mario 2 tackles 1 assist no sacks. You owe us big time Mr. McNair. Lance Briggs, Nate Clemens, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Troy Smith, Micheal Turner just some of the names that i would like to see with the Texans next yr. Hopefully, your front office will make the right choices this coming draft and with the FA's that will be out there. You let 2 of the best get away last yr. dont let it happen again. I'm out.

Troy Smith
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
ATX_Texan
Veteran

Bob McNair says he has the 5th highest revenue and all season tickets have been sold. Therefore, no new fans are needed. If you are outside the Houston area and they won't show the games in you town, you can just buy the dish.

Don't you know you should just be happy that you have NFL football again?

The only way to prove your worth as a fan is to blindly follow Carr to the bottom of the NFL.

Don't complain just shut up and buy more #8 jerseys.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
texaslifter
Veteran

Heres what hurts.

We could have hired Sean Peyton. Signed Drew Brees. Drafted Reggie Bush, and be one of the leagues top offenses. What a crock.

Todays game essentially means I won't get another texans game on tv for the remainder of the season too
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now will you listen to us F.O.?
god I hope not. No matter how bad things are, an F.O. that does what thier fan base tells them to do is doomed to failure.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Mr Mcnair,

Lance Briggs
Nate Clemens
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Troy Smith
I am right with you man as far as season tickets, driving 6 hours in one day from Austin and back. Now Austin is going to be ... no wait, Austin IS Titans country. I would be shocked if KEYE doesn't start showing Titans games every week. Besides all the money I have wasted on the Texans, now I have to sell my house and get the hell out of here. I refuse to live in a city that supports the Titans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #15
ToroFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
god I hope not. No matter how bad things are, an F.O. that does what thier fan base tells them to do is doomed to failure.
Yeah because their decision to go with Carr instead of Young has been stellar to this point right?
Old 12-11-2006   #16
ToroFan
Rookie

The Cowboys may be called America's Team, but we could have been called Texas' Team. Instead our front office prefers the term laughingstock.
Old 12-11-2006   #17
Janus3
Veteran

Troy Smith???? LOLOL, let me guess heisman trophy = nfl success right genius? texans need to sign matt schaub the best FA qb on the market and draft Peterson, Hart or Lynch. then the offense will be set.
Old 12-11-2006   #18
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
yes, the saints are winning because of reggie bush. yep all 1 of his td's in the first 12 games helped them win. and VY? heh, let's wait till he shows up for a whole game and not the 4th quarter before we annoint him a saint. the bottom line is you clowns see wins and associate that with a player which is stupid.
Old 12-11-2006   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroFan View Post
The Cowboys may be called America's Team, but we could have been called Texas' Team. Instead our front office prefers the term laughingstock.
Our '06 draft was a great one! If we would have taken Demeco Ryans with the first overall pick, would you have been satisfied with that? He's clearly the best rookie in the NFL and it was definitely a position of need for us as well. VY looks great and it may turn out that we shoud've taken him, but that doesn't mean that Mario Williams was a bad pick either.

I guess the Rockets were idiots for taking Olajuwon instead of Michael Jordan!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I am right with you man as far as season tickets, driving 6 hours in one day from Austin and back. Now Austin is going to be ... no wait, Austin IS Titans country. I would be shocked if KEYE doesn't start showing Titans games every week. Besides all the money I have wasted on the Texans, now I have to sell my house and get the hell out of here. I refuse to live in a city that supports the Titans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroFan View Post
I think it's pretty obvious now that we're rooting for Texas' #3 team right now. The Texans had to have this game yesterday to get some respect statewide (for get about the national level.)

I'll have to get the NFL Ticket next year to watch a team that plays two hours away.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read