Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Why Can't We Close? {NO HATE...just a ?} [:-o>

OK...
From what I'm reading in many of the other threads.
"We played VY great for 3 1/2 quarters of fb..."
I've heard the same sort of comments in several different games that we've lost this year.

Is this an accurate comment???

[Just to reiterate, I haven't gotten to see a Texans game all year...NO Texans fb in Montana]

Is it an issue of "NOT BEING ABLE TO CLOSE???"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If this is accurate...then I don't see that being an issue with Carr or any other player. Seems to me that is more of an issue of coaching.

NOT trying to blast Kubiak or anyone in particular.

Is this the case in you guys' point of view??

If so...what can be done other than just be patient and let the system run it's course???

Talk to me fellas...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Default Re: Why Can't We Close? {NO HATE...just a ?} [:-o>

That post looks weird. Me like!
Old 12-10-2006   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why Can't We Close? {NO HATE...just a ?} [:-o>

It's the culture of losing around the whole team. I liken it to the term "learned helplessness"; fearing that something is going to go wrong no matter what.

Either that or Murphy's Law.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Why Can't We Close? {NO HATE...just a ?} [:-o>

Honestly, I think we're just starting to click as a team. So getting there is takes all we have, and by the time we need to close, we're done. If that makes any sense.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read