Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-10-2006   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joe Thomas

Everybody is in Love with Thomas, and I think he would be a good first round pick. But I keep hearing that the Arizona Cardinals will draft him at all costs. I thnk they need an o-lineman just as bad as us. They have the same record as us so I don't know who holds the tie-breaker. I even heard that they would trade up a pick or two to get him. The Lions and the Raiders need a quarterback, so I don't think they would draft him. So basically it will come down to the cards and the Texans.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Joe Thomas

Right now Joe Thomas should be Houston's pick for BPA.
Old 12-10-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Cards will draft him. He'll be , with that looping wind up, lionheart's new best friend. Denny knows...these guys don't grow on trees.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Really time to stop screwing around with the O-line. Carr or not, it needs to become a strength
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Everybody is in Love with Thomas, and I think he would be a good first round pick. But I keep hearing that the Arizona Cardinals will draft him at all costs. I thnk they need an o-lineman just as bad as us. They have the same record as us so I don't know who holds the tie-breaker. I even heard that they would trade up a pick or two to get him. The Lions and the Raiders need a quarterback, so I don't think they would draft him. So basically it will come down to the cards and the Texans.
I think the Raiders would draft Thomas before a QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Maybe, but remember that they got burned with Gallery. The guy is a bust.
Old 12-10-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders have Aaron Brooks, the worst starting QB in the NFL. They will take either Smith or Quinn.

........... Yes Aaron Brooks is worse than David Carr.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Raiders have Aaron Brooks, the worst starting QB in the NFL. They will take either Smith or Quinn.

........... Yes Aaron Brooks is worse than David Carr.
Al Davis has been with the Raiders since 1966.

In that time they have drafted 3 QBs (68,80,91) with their first pick.

The last one they drafted was Todd Marinovich (USC) in 1991. He was a bust and Davis proclaimed that the Raiders would never again draft a QB with their #1 while he was the owner.

I expect them to draft Thomas or Johnson.
Old 12-10-2006   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not know that. Good point. But Aaron Brooks, come on man.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

[The last one they drafted was Todd Marinovich (USC) in 1991. He was a bust and Davis proclaimed that the Raiders would never again draft a QB with their #1 while he was the owner.

I expect them to draft Thomas or Johnson.[/quote]

Yeah but he's got alzheimers, so he won't remember he said that....
Old 12-10-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I did not know that. Good point. But Aaron Brooks, come on man.
I agree with what you said about Brooks. The only reason he is in the league is cuz he is Michael Vick's cousin.

But I just dont think they will do it.
Old 12-11-2006   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We did'nt take D'brick this year.(I was begging for this guy) We took 2 T's on the first day. We are not gonna take an O-lineman in the first round...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

If they didn't take D'Brick they won't take Thomas. Look for S, CB, LB.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i say this every year.

the raiders don't draft QB's in the first round. don't even think about it.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i say this every year.

the raiders don't draft QB's in the first round. don't even think about it.
your right about that, how about the Texans trade David Carr to the Raiders for their 2nd & 3rd picks like Casserly traded our 2005 2nd & 3rd rd. picks for Phillip Buchanon :brickwall

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #16
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
your right about that, how about the Texans trade David Carr to the Raiders for their 2nd & 3rd picks like Casserly traded our 2005 2nd & 3rd rd. picks for Phillip Buchanon :brickwall
You screwed us...it's retribution time.

J/K.
Old 12-12-2006   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
[The last one they drafted was Todd Marinovich (USC) in 1991. He was a bust and Davis proclaimed that the Raiders would never again draft a QB with their #1 while he was the owner.

I expect them to draft Thomas or Johnson.
Yeah but he's got alzheimers, so he won't remember he said that....[/quote]
He has remembered it for the last 15 years.... hahahaha
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #18
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
What if they valued Mario higher than D'brick? Which seems to be what they did. Perhaps they will go for Thomas if available?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
We wont have the first pick this year
Old 12-12-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
And hope he doesn't become another Robert Gallery ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read