Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Mr. B
Rookie

Default This is The Deal

Look for all you folks complaining give it a rest. The Texans have many problems right now and to just peg it all on Carr and Kubiak is insane.

I sat in that stadium again today and watched the Line play on offense and while yes Carr made a couple of bad decisions for the most part the guy was running for his life. Basically it was Hike and boom it was 1 or multiple linemen in the backfield with him. That is crazy and no one not VY, Palmer, Vick, etc is gonna save you in situation like that. You wanna know why the running worked so well today cause Dayne got the ball and all the linemen were already past him going for Carr. This is what we have been seeing for 5 years now so give the kid some space its not all his fault. Is he the answer to our quarterbacking needs !! No, I think the Capers regime ruined him and it will take to long to work him back into shape again. A fresh start would probably help him better behind a better line.

We have recievers who do not get open, they don't fight hard for the yards (AJ for example could have given us a desperatly needed first and he just wimped on it). Lotta dropped balls.

Our Dbacks couldn't cover a table in the second half and regularly were giving large gaps to the Titan recievers. VY lofted some floaters out there today and should have easily been picked but weren't.

Our defensive line which was getting good pressure in the first half all but just went into a shell in the second half.

You all say VY won it well maybe so with his touchdown run but the real thing is he just handed the ball off for 2 quarters at the end and they just flat out ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop them.

I didn't see anything spectacular out there from VY but he played a good solid game. He had plenty of time to throw, etc in the second half which makes a big difference.

This like many other games was just a lose based on a total team effort. We just have to keep getting good young talent and try to turn this around. One player is not going to save this team or turn it around and by that I mean all this crap about Vince and Reggie would have won us all these games. Bull !!!

Ok let the Bandwagon/Carr Hater/VY Manlove flamers begin

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: This is The Deal

Vince Young > David Carr

that is the deal.....bottom line

one good thing abouy today is that McNair probably lost about 60-100 million in speculated franchise value. That type of loss is hard to ignore....its obvious the parade of losses have done little to wake him up.....maybe one day he will bring someone in here who knows what the hell they are doing...until then, enjoy the bad football and inferior entertainment product
Old 12-10-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
Look for all you folks complaining give it a rest. The Texans have many problems right now and to just peg it all on Carr and Kubiak is insane.

I sat in that stadium again today and watched the Line play on offense and while yes Carr made a couple of bad decisions for the most part the guy was running for his life. Basically it was Hike and boom it was 1 or multiple linemen in the backfield with him.

B
Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****.......... Bull****..........

He had time....
Old 12-10-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He had time....

hehe, what did you say??

BULL****
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If he's got time to underthrow the ball to Andre on three occasions, then the one that went over Owen's head.....

he had time.
Old 12-10-2006   #6
Mr. B
Rookie

If you say he had time you must have been watching another game on your little TV cause those guys were in his grill the whole game as soon as the ball was snapped. This isn't just me either many of the people sitting around me including Titans fans were saying the same thing the guy has no time.

But then again I won't bother cause regardless of the fact it was a major team lose but you guys will spend the next days pinning it on one player.

I have no stake in whether Carr stays or goes. Personally I think boths sides need a fresh start (Carr and the Texans) but when a new QB takes over and has no time to do anything you all will be screaming the same thing about him.

B
Old 12-10-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If he's got time to underthrow the ball to Andre on three occasions, then the one that went over Owen's head.....

he had time.
I remember the shuffle pass, he had to scramble and run for his life.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Mr. B
Rookie

TK I can't say 100% but from what I saw I do agree with you on the Owen's pass it looked to me that he just missed him big time. That would have been a Back Breaker for us.

Someone else posted that Owen's was knocked off his route but from what I could see David just had bad touch on it.

B
Old 12-10-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Vince Young > David Carr

that is the deal.....bottom line

one good thing abouy today is that McNair probably lost about 60-100 million in speculated franchise value. That type of loss is hard to ignore....its obvious the parade of losses have done little to wake him up.....maybe one day he will bring someone in here who knows what the hell they are doing...until then, enjoy the bad football and inferior entertainment product
I am sure Rick Smith will not allow this to happen again.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK I can't say 100% but from what I saw I do agree with you on the Owen's pass it looked to me that he just missed him big time. That would have been a Back Breaker for us.

Someone else posted that Owen's was knocked off his route but from what I could see David just had bad touch on it.

B
If you watch the replay, Daniels got bumped off his route and slipped a bit. That probably threw off the timing as they throw the ball to a spot and if the guy gets bumped and is late, it looks like an overthrow.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look for all you folks complaining give it a rest. The Texans have many problems right now and to just peg it all on Carr and Kubiak is insane. B
Might as well save your breath and the electrons. They have no interest in seeing that the earth isn't flat.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
Mr. B
Rookie

Edo,

I may have missed that part cause I was really looking at the line and Carr when the play first took fold. I only caught the part when the ball was just getting to him and then I realized the throw was going long. So I could see that happening as it looked like allot of players were having trouble with there footing today.

B

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read