Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default How would you like to be in Carr's shoes?

To begin the game AJ gets called for a penalty on the 1st play. On the next play the LT gets called for a Penalty. Now Kubiak is saying we have to come out and not have turnovers and play a perfect game. Is all of the above David's fault? I don't think so. Both AJ and the LT are untouchables as some of you think Carr is. This is not really may point, but I give it as an example of what is happening with this ball club.

For 5 years coaches have been calling the plays and the team has been going nowhere. I know that in 2 quarters of that 5 years Carr has gotten to call his own plays and we were hightly successful in those two quarters. I know that Payton calls his own plays and I have always wanted my QB to be the field general and call his own plays. When a coach calls the plays the QB has to have the same vision ( view and understanding ) of what is going to be taking place. That is not always the case for a whole variety of reasons.

The QB sees the game from a totally different prospective than the coach on the side lines or the coach upstairs. Defensive players our obviously putting up their hands and doing their best to block vision and passing lanes. When the QB and his line or a receiver notice someone overplaying them the QB can react to his players input. That's what happened in those two quarters.

How would you like to have your job on the line based upon having to perform other peoples inept play calls? How would you like to have no control over the possibility of winning when you want so bad to do so? Kubiak says Carr needs to take over the game, but he never lets him do it. Remember, Carr, AJ and the Vikings and what a game it was?

I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet. We know he's not performing based on a lot of mistakes by others. We know game time decisions in the heat of battle seem to be based on trying to play it safe. We know we don't have a 2 minute offense, because that requires the QB to make decisions and the HC won't let him do it. I don't care if he blows it. At least I would know he's not capable of doing it. At least I would know I gave my team a chance to show they can do it. If you can never have a two minute offense its going to be a big time winner in the NFL.

Carr in his interviews keeps saying we have to run the ball which is the Kubiak line. What does Kubiak do but come out trying to pass against literally the worst run defense in the league. What Kind of game planing is that? Then your star receiver commits a foul to begin the game followed by your LT doing the same. What does that have to do with Carr? It says a lot about the coach, however. How many games have we seen big plays dropped and penalties occurring on key downs resulting it very big lost opportunities?

If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it. Kubiak is no different than Capers in trying to micro manage the game. I have never believed that that was what the HC was suppose to do. To me the best of the lot have always been aware of the ebb and flow of the game knowing when to call time outs and when to help their players adjust. When your spending all your time calling plays you can not get a feel for the overall game. You are too focused on the next play call. You miss too many things. Kubiak be a HC and let Carr be the QB and play caller.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: How would you like to be in Carr's shoes?

it would be awsome to be in david's shoes i would love to be legally stealing from the texans with out being able to be prosecuted.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 12-10-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would hate to be in Carr's shoes.

He has taken a physical and mental beating while playing for us & now everything bad that happens is automatically his fault.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I believe that no matter what he does, this city will hate him.

I dont hate him, but the majority seem to.
Old 12-10-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

shame too.. cause hes a great guy.

Its time for him to head out though.. he may even have success somewhere else, but his window of opportunity to be the golden boy of this franchise has come and gone.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
amazingandre
All Pro

i feel bad for him its gotta suck to be him. the fans at the game were so pumped when vy ran it in wtf is that????? if i were carr i would curse the majority of the fans in the media.......its bs why would he even want to win for the city when they dont back him up?u ever thought of that?????
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was in Carr's shoes, I would be a millionaire.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I could deal with having his bankroll while not really producing. Life isn't always fair, but considering how he's compensated....I could think of worse things.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post

If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it.
If I were David Carr, I would be right atthe point of deciding a "change in address" would be best for next season. Frankly the fans here are tired of Carr... and Carr is tired of being treated like a pinata here...

Maybe David will end up in Green Bay, Detroit, Tampa Bay.... we could get a second round for him.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I believe that no matter what he does, this city will hate him.
You got that right!
Wonder if he reads this message board?
Old 12-10-2006   #11
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To begin the game AJ gets called for a penalty on the 1st play. On the next play the LT gets called for a Penalty. Now Kubiak is saying we have to come out and not have turnovers and play a perfect game. Is all of the above David's fault? I don't think so. Both AJ and the LT are untouchables as some of you think Carr is. This is not really may point, but I give it as an example of what is happening with this ball club.

For 5 years coaches have been calling the plays and the team has been going nowhere. I know that in 2 quarters of that 5 years Carr has gotten to call his own plays and we were hightly successful in those two quarters. I know that Payton calls his own plays and I have always wanted my QB to be the field general and call his own plays. When a coach calls the plays the QB has to have the same vision ( view and understanding ) of what is going to be taking place. That is not always the case for a whole variety of reasons.

The QB sees the game from a totally different prospective than the coach on the side lines or the coach upstairs. Defensive players our obviously putting up their hands and doing their best to block vision and passing lanes. When the QB and his line or a receiver notice someone overplaying them the QB can react to his players input. That's what happened in those two quarters.
I think you make an excellent point here, Ibar. There is no doubt that Carr has played his best football when he was allowed to take ownership of the offense and call the plays. Maybe that's how David works, I don't know but I'd like to find out before tossing him out.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
kingh99

Quote:
I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet.
Old 12-10-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

How would you like to have your job on the line based upon having to perform other peoples inept play calls? How would you like to have no control over the possibility of winning when you want so bad to do so? Kubiak says Carr needs to take over the game, but he never lets him do it. Remember, Carr, AJ and the Vikings and what a game it was?

I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet. We know he's not performing based on a lot of mistakes by others. We know game time decisions in the heat of battle seem to be based on trying to play it safe. We know we don't have a 2 minute offense, because that requires the QB to make decisions and the HC won't let him do it. I don't care if he blows it. At least I would know he's not capable of doing it. At least I would know I gave my team a chance to show they can do it. If you can never have a two minute offense its going to be a big time winner in the NFL.

Carr in his interviews keeps saying we have to run the ball which is the Kubiak line. What does Kubiak do but come out trying to pass against literally the worst run defense in the league. What Kind of game planing is that? Then your star receiver commits a foul to begin the game followed by your LT doing the same. What does that have to do with Carr? It says a lot about the coach, however. How many games have we seen big plays dropped and penalties occurring on key downs resulting it very big lost opportunities?

If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it. Kubiak is no different than Capers in trying to micro manage the game. I have never believed that that was what the HC was suppose to do. To me the best of the lot have always been aware of the ebb and flow of the game knowing when to call time outs and when to help their players adjust. When your spending all your time calling plays you can not get a feel for the overall game. You are too focused on the next play call. You miss too many things. Kubiak be a HC and let Carr be the QB and play caller.
carr sucks, turn page, get over it...and while you are at it why not update that antiquated avatar of yours

diaf
Old 12-10-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
shame too.. cause hes a great guy.

Its time for him to head out though.. he may even have success somewhere else, but his window of opportunity to be the golden boy of this franchise has come and gone.

Another reason why I like the guy. He didnt hold out, he is not a T.O. and he does his best behind the worst O-line in NFL history. and as REALJOKER said, no matter what he does, people will hate him.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I were in David Carr's shoes, I'd tell Kubiak, "**** it. Put VanPelt in there for NewEngland, and show Houston how bad this OL really is."
Old 12-10-2006   #16
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I'm trying to stress another point. Carr is always been criticized for not making the right decisions or seems unable to make decisions. Well, if you are not allowed to make decisions under normal circumstances how are you going to know what to do when you have to make them in critical situations. Carr has to grow - and Kubiak has said that many times - but Kubiak needs to allow him to grow which is really the biggest problem. I keep saying we have no 2 minute offense and thats because Kubiak calls all of the plays. We are going nowhere its time to take the training halter off and let the young man show what he does or does not know.

In Capers case they did not like what they saw, because he made them look real bad. That was the funny part about both of those games. Payton is the field general and the OC is his scout. That's a very different perspective and that's why he has grown into what he is. I know Payton is the exception but he has been blessed to be on the team he is.

To show another case like Carr take a look at Ely. He is having a terrible time under another control freak. The young man is very talented and I have a feeling he knows how to play the game. I suspect his dad and older brother have taught him well. However, in the NFL he isn't cutting it because of the coaching staff he is playing under. Coaches are not the QB on the field. They have hired someone to do that. Let them call the plays and be the players they are capable of being.
Old 12-10-2006   #17
bayshorebevo
Veteran

I'll take the job. You can hate me as much as you want for that kind of dough.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo View Post
I'll take the job. You can hate me as much as you want for that kind of dough.

Signed Barry Bonds lol
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

I guess I see the problem differently than most of you. I think the HC is as big a problem as anyone on this ball club. AJ dropped some key passes in this game. Remember, Kubiak says you don't get many shots at big time plays and you have to make them when the opportunity arises. AJ blew it on more than one occassion. Why aren't people ranting on his play. He pounted a week ago when he didn't get his 1,000 yards.

Folks, I'm just beginning to wonder what kind of a team player he is. I noticed there have not been many comments out of Moulds lately. That to me is a bad sign because he has been a very positive force on this ball club. There is a lot wrong and we are close to losing our whole ball club once again.

They need to start with a whole lot of better game planning. To come out passing against literally the worst run defense in the league is an abomination of game planning. Yes, I believe we are a passing team, but this is one of the times that you try to establish the run particularly in light of the previous game. Kubiak is simply trying to be too cute and he is constantly being out coached.

What is this great game business he is talking about in the interviews? Yes, it was a good game, but not a great one.
Old 12-12-2006   #20
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I see the problem differently than most of you. I think the HC is as big a problem as anyone on this ball club. AJ dropped some key passes in this game. Remember, Kubiak says you don't get many shots at big time plays and you have to make them when the opportunity arises. AJ blew it on more than one occassion. Why aren't people ranting on his play. He pounted a week ago when he didn't get his 1,000 yards.

Folks, I'm just beginning to wonder what kind of a team player he is. I noticed there have not been many comments out of Moulds lately. That to me is a bad sign because he has been a very positive force on this ball club. There is a lot wrong and we are close to losing our whole ball club once again.

They need to start with a whole lot of better game planning. To come out passing against literally the worst run defense in the league is an abomination of game planning. Yes, I believe we are a passing team, but this is one of the times that you try to establish the run particularly in light of the previous game. Kubiak is simply trying to be too cute and he is constantly being out coached.

What is this great game business he is talking about in the interviews? Yes, it was a good game, but not a great one.

If Andre drops a ball it excused as a bad pass from DC. If it's a jump ball and AJ gets it stripped it's a bad pass from Carr. I like AJ he's been a bright spot in past seasons, but I think he's trying to hide that he's in a funk. I think all of the negativity is wearing at him, I applaud him for not trying to come out and blame anyone else or being critical of any other players though.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read