Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-10-2006   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Troy Smith a Texan

Who thinks this is possible? Troy throws better than Vince Young (at least he did in college) and can run just as fast as Vince Young. I think we should draft him (also knowing that Darren McFadden won't be coming out this year). I think we could pick up Cedric Benson from Chicago with our second round picC, so we would have our running game intact there. We can do defense with the rest of our picCs. Who agrees with me?

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
TexanLen
Veteran

Default Re: Troy Smith a Texan

Not I!!!

Troy Smith won't be there. If he is, there is a reason. Cedric Benson? I am not so sure about him.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

im all for it, the only thing is Benson has a pretty big contract, but i like the troy smith idea, the ony thing is we need so much help at over positions to, so i wanna see how everythin plays out before april 29th before i say anything else
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If he falls to the 2nd round, I'd take him. I don't think he's as good as Vince Young, but he's pretty close.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Who thinks this is possible? Troy throws better than Vince Young (at least he did in college) and can run just as fast as Vince Young. I think we should draft him (also knowing that Darren McFadden won't be coming out this year). I think we could pick up Cedric Benson from Chicago with our second round picC, so we would have our running game intact there. We can do defense with the rest of our picCs. Who agrees with me?
Smith is good but I dont think he is near the talent level of Young.

Smith is nowhere near Young as a runner even though he has good speed.

And I think that Young was a better passer in college than Smith was.

Keep in mind that the skill position players at Ohio St are way better than what Texas had last year.

And Vince still threw for 3000 yds. Smith will need 500 yds in the championship game if he wants to do that.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

im going to sound like a total ***** but i doubt that this franchise wants the face of the team to be a black QB that is why we passed up on vince we wont draft troy smith if we do draft a QB it will be a white QB
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Troy Smith is not VY, and I would hate for the Texans to draft him because Houston fans would expect so much out of him.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Troy Smith is nowhere near Vince Young.

It's not close.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
im going to sound like a total ***** but i doubt that this franchise wants the face of the team to be a black QB that is why we passed up on vince we wont draft troy smith if we do draft a QB it will be a white QB
That is what my dad had said today, but I don't think that is true. Warren Moon did it in Houston.
Old 12-10-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

No way we get Cedric Benson. I still think the Bears want to keep him. And I don't want him, I'd be happier if we kept Ron Dayne.

I like the idea of Adrian Peterson in the first round, and Troy Smith hopefully falls to the second round and we get him.

Our defense is really playing well with a bunch of young guys and a bunch of starters out. At the end of that game we were playing our #1, #4, and #5 corners with Lewis Sanders, Demarcus Faggins, and you can even count Chris McKenzie in there even though we haven't seen much of him. And on top of that we've got 4 DL out. And they're still playing well. Our defense will be strong next year. It's time to focus on offense.

I think we're a QB and a RB away from being a very competitive team.
Old 12-10-2006   #11
gameguy89
Rookie

My prediction:

Ohio State falls back by 17 points in the third quarter vs. Florida

Troy Smith leads them back for a win and a national title.

*checks message board*

DRAFT TROY SMITH
TROY SMITH IS GOD
GOODBYE DAVID CARR
BETTER THAN VINCE?!

Oh God.
gameguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Does anyone care about building a top 16 o-line?
Old 12-10-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
That's ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2006   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
Troy Smith is nowhere near Vince Young.

It's not close.

Took the words right out of my mouth. A Vince Young comes along once in a lifetime, if that often. Troy Smith isn't close.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

whoever said the texans dont want the face of the franchise to be a black qb is an *****! their best player is black, so is their 2nd and 3rd...well all of their best players are black! dont bring racism into the argument plz.
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I'm with you. We need Joe Thomas in a bad way.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides View Post
That's ridiculous.
Agreed. Ridiculous.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Our O-Line is bad because of injuries. If we can't get Benson from Chicago, we should try and picC up someone in free agency. Maybe we can try and pull in Rhodes from Indy.
Old 12-10-2006   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do...been banging that first round drum for five years. I feel like a prophet in the desert. Where the heck is that honey and bugs at ?

I guess seeing the smurf getting crushed behind our line would make much beter entertainment than seeing the west coast guy getting crushed ? Good Grief.

Maybe they make up the diff by selling Smith Voo-Doo dolls with the pins included. Bring them to the game, fun for the whole family.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
We can get quality offensive lineman in the later rounds. We don't need to spend a pick early on one. This draft will be deep with offensive lineman. We got two solid lineman in Eric Winston and Charles Spencer in the third round. I think we got there again in the third and fourth rounds again this year. But I would be disappointed to use a pick on a lineman in the first round when we have a shot to get someone like Adrian Peterson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read