Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A "Thank You" to all the bandwagon fans

I scanned the titles of the threads, and it's pretty pathetic of you. How many other teams have beaten us this year, especially with their arm and not their legs?

I didn't even bother to read any of the posts in the threads. I would have thrown my keyboard against the wall by now if I had. Instead, if you are getting pee-o'd at me right now...just look back at the thread titles and tell me how many are crybaby threads. Almost all of them. I guess this is the place you go to cry about a loss. You make people like me desire to stay away for a week.

Because Vince Young was passed over, and he won a game today (in overtime, by the way...and on the coin flip, but the way) you are all whining about our PATHETIC team. Go cheer for some other team rather than trying to dismantle OURS. Oh, I know: I'm a homer and you are the keen observer sitting high above in your watchtower, armed with a laser scope for this team that is in such desparate need of your critiques. Whatever.

You're more worried about a fluke play and thinking that it defines our entire legacy. Oh no! We're cursed now. Boogah-boogah-boogah!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thrilled to watch that game: No big mistakes except a dropped ball in the end zone, which I am sure TK will remind me that DC did not place the ball correctly for Mr. Perfect. Our kicker kicked clutch FGs: That was nice. Our special teams played lights out until the very end. Our defense stifled VY all day and chose an outside blitz at the wrong time. At least we went all out at them, that's what I cared about. Ron Dayne is the man against teams that have a soft run defense. We went for it on a key 4th down and easily made it. We had pretty much no mistakes except for some early penalties...but we calmed down and controlled most of the game.

And I guess because the other team happened to win, all of that is negated.

That's too bad. From where I watched the game, it was fun to watch. Better than a bunch of turnovers and a sloppy game like last time.
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Bongo59
Veteran

Default Re: A "Thank You" to all the bandwagon fans

dude passing on VY gives any Texan fan the right to complain.............frankly the FO deserves it.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And by the way, the all powerful Patriots lost today and didn't score a single point.

How on earth does that happen?

It must be THE END for the Patriots.

Old 12-10-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was one of our better games. There were some problems, but we did play a pretty good game. After today's game, I became a Vince Young fan. He's gonna be fun to watch over the next number of years.
Old 12-10-2006   #5
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

When has this team been good to call them bandwagon fans?
Old 12-10-2006   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i knew all along Vince was going to own us but i dont think i posted it but look at the bright side we are going to get a decent draft pick and hopefully we wont pass up on a future superstar this time.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, and by the way...I might like Vince Young, but that don't translate into any love for the Titans!
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Johnny Utah
All Pro

VY seems to make a lot of fluke plays.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
When has this team been good to call them bandwagon fans?
They will be identified as 'bandwagon' if they come out of the woodwork when the Texans start winning. It might be next season, might be a decade from now. And I really don't have a problem with the currently "apathetic" fan. It's the ones that cheered for the Texans before Vince went to the Titans and now have spilled their milk and crapped their pants at the same time and want to make sure everyone in Houston is aware of it. Anyone that is currently Titans > Texans can stay there. The fortunate thing is that because Vince's presence guarantees wins, playoffs, an Super Bowls, I hopefully won't have to see most of you more than twice a year as you cling to the winning Titans.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, get off of your "high-horse." If some of the fans are extremely frustrated after five long seasons of losing, who can blame them? We pay a great deal of money to watch the product that this franchise puts out, and, quite frankly, it has not been very good. Today was another in a long line of troubling losses...

Why do you call folks "bandwagon" fans when they are upset at the moves that the team has made and/or when they lose? Just because you may disagree with their opinion doesn't make you right or them "fairweather." Each and every true "Texans' fan" has the right to voice their displeasure at yet another losing season.
Old 12-10-2006   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the team is cursed and I'm not afraid that we'll have to live with this twice a year for the next 10 years. I don't wish we could go back and redo the draft. If we did, DeMeco would definitely be drafted high in the first. No matter how well the team plays at times it's still obvious that they still need to improve in many areas.
Old 12-10-2006   #12
Bongo59
Veteran

as much as you all hate Bud one thing you all have to admit...............he drafted the two best Texas products in trading up for Earl and now getting VY dropped in his lap..............he made our FO take him so old Bud is having his just due
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #13
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
And by the way, the all powerful Patriots lost today and didn't score a single point.

That means the Texans are going to be lunch for the Patriots. Now the Patriots are mad and they're going to take it out on us. We, on the other hand, know for a fact that the Texans can't win anyway, so why try?
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I scanned the titles of the threads, and it's pretty pathetic of you. How many other teams have beaten us this year, especially with their arm and not their legs?

I didn't even bother to read any of the posts in the threads. I would have thrown my keyboard against the wall by now if I had. Instead, if you are getting pee-o'd at me right now...just look back at the thread titles and tell me how many are crybaby threads. Almost all of them. I guess this is the place you go to cry about a loss. You make people like me desire to stay away for a week.

Because Vince Young was passed over, and he won a game today (in overtime, by the way...and on the coin flip, but the way) you are all whining about our PATHETIC team. Go cheer for some other team rather than trying to dismantle OURS. Oh, I know: I'm a homer and you are the keen observer sitting high above in your watchtower, armed with a laser scope for this team that is in such desparate need of your critiques. Whatever.

You're more worried about a fluke play and thinking that it defines our entire legacy. Oh no! We're cursed now. Boogah-boogah-boogah!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thrilled to watch that game: No big mistakes except a dropped ball in the end zone, which I am sure TK will remind me that DC did not place the ball correctly for Mr. Perfect. Our kicker kicked clutch FGs: That was nice. Our special teams played lights out until the very end. Our defense stifled VY all day and chose an outside blitz at the wrong time. At least we went all out at them, that's what I cared about. Ron Dayne is the man against teams that have a soft run defense. We went for it on a key 4th down and easily made it. We had pretty much no mistakes except for some early penalties...but we calmed down and controlled most of the game.

That's too bad. From where I watched the game, it was fun to watch. Better than a bunch of turnovers and a sloppy game like last time.
ignorance is bliss
Old 12-10-2006   #15
TNTitan
Veteran

if troy smith is still there next year would you all draft him? What if...
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

I dont get the Vince vibe from Troy. He is an average qb, nothing special. may be good, but he is too small.
Old 12-10-2006   #17
TexanLen
Veteran

Its pathetic, PERIOD!!!

Let me sugar coat the loss. We did good, guys!!! Great job. We will get them next year. Consider this a building block for years to come. Learn from your mistakes. Everything is fine and dandy. Carr is the mann. If it wasn't for opposing defenses he would be a pro bowler!!!

Is that what makes a real fan? It isn't about the money i spend on tickets. It isn't about passing on VY and Bush. It's about winning and are the Texans showing improvement. The defense has holes. It's better, but it has holes. Everything i read is the frustration of a fan. A real Fan. I am not going to sit here and put some sugar on a loss. The Titans played bad, and we played worse.

It is Pathetic to sugar coat this.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #18
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:

no, the pats actually mix in a win and win the superbowl every now and then.
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

You're the Texans, you don't have bandwagon fans.
Old 12-10-2006   #20
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cat, are you serious?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read