Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will You Cancel Your Season Tickets If David Carr Is The QB Next Season?
Yes 25 33.33%
No 50 66.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Season of This??

If the Texans ask you to sit through another season with David Carr at QB, will you cancel your season tickets?

I am seriously debating this and am leaning toward canceling my PSL's if I have to watch him take a single snap next season.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Another Season of This??

I dont have season tickets, but I know its not all on Carr. Blaming one guy on a team (A TEAM) seems a bit overreacting to me.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
If the Texans ask you to sit through another season with David Carr at QB, will you cancel your season tickets?

I am seriously debating this and am leaning toward canceling my PSL's if I have to watch him take a single snap next season.
Go ahead.

Maybe a real fan will be next in line to get them.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sad man very sad.

<----- VY
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
I dont have season tickets, but I know its not all on Carr. Blaming one guy on a team (A TEAM) seems a bit overreacting to me.
Nobody said it was all his fault, but it's obvious that he is completely incompetent. If anyone else in our free market society performed their job like he has they would have been fired years ago.

It would be different if he was smart or good, but he's neither. 2 penalties for throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage? The dude is flat out dumb. I just can't imagine watching his incompetence for another season.
Old 12-10-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Go ahead.

boo-friggin' hoo with your "real fan" whining. David Carr is an incompetent dummy. If you can tell me one thing that he is good at (on the football field) I will give you my PSL's. No questions asked, just tell me one thing and they are yours.
Old 12-10-2006   #7
TexanLen
Veteran

I think it depends on what they do in the off season.

I am a season ticket holder. I sold my tickets today. I know that sounds bad, but my beer is cheaper, my BBQ is better, there is no line to use the restroom, and i have a 60" with a damn good picture. I am a football fan. I love seeing the pregame and the post game stuff along with the 2nd game. It doesn't mean i am not a texan fan.

I probably will get them again, because if I do decide to go, I have that option. But if I don't, I will sell them to someone who does.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I honestly don't know at this point. I'm glad I have two more months to make a decision.
Old 12-10-2006   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't cancel them. I don't want him back, but I've been a season ticket holder since day one. Well, not exactly day one, but I was at the first preseason game against the Dolphins. I have great seats and have great fans around me. I would not be able to get my money back and even if I could I wouldn't be able to get seats like that without costing even more. I'm a Texans fans and I will continue to support the team no matter who is playing. I may not always be happy or support the decisions of the organization, but giving up my season tickets will hurt me more than them.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
boo-friggin' hoo with your "real fan" whining. David Carr is an incompetent dummy. If you can tell me one thing that he is good at (on the football field) I will give you my PSL's. No questions asked, just tell me one thing and they are yours.
Making HEB commercials playing football in the yard ... now hand them over .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He throws one of the best 5-yd hitch routes in the NFL.

I'll be taking those PSL's now.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Is management behind this thread?!
Old 12-10-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Making HEB commercials playing football in the yard ... now hand them over .
Doesn't count, that's off the field.
Old 12-10-2006   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

guess it could be worse it could have been the 7th game this year we lost in the 4 quarter or later. yep could be worse
Old 12-10-2006   #15
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Go ahead.

How about you? PM me and make an offer.
Section 137
Old 12-10-2006   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He throws one of the best 5-yd hitch routes in the NFL.

I'll be taking those PSL's now.
He doesn't even do that well IMO.

Seriously think about it though. Is there one single thing that David Carr does well as an NFL quarterback. After 5 years and 70 starts there has to be one thing... right???
Old 12-10-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratualtions on your acquisition bah. Free PSL's, that's a helluva bargain and helluva generous gesture from wonger.

Be sure to come and tailgate with us next year bah.

btw, where are your new seats at?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #18
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
He can take a hit and get back up!!!
He fumble well too!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
He can take a hit and get back up!!!
He fumble well too!!
He is a good fumbler.

Unfortunately, we're only counting things that are positive.
Old 12-10-2006   #20
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
He takes a hit and gets back up better than any NFL QB in history <grin> Give me the tickets

edit: Dangit, beat to the punch!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read