Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Keep Carr and Kubiak

Wow, what a game.

Carr did just that, "manage the game", which is all they ask of him. Our offense is extremely conservative for a fifth year starter. The runnung game was efficient, and you have the defense on their heels to spread the field. Its short outs and crossing patterns. We have great weapons in Johnson, Moulds and Daniels, and even better, We have Nothing to lose! We need to take more chances on offense, or find someone who will.

Yeah, our front office seems to drop the ball more than Carr, and needs to make giant strides this offseason to make this team watchable. We had a great draft this year I firmly believe. We definitely needed defense, and we got it, however the secondary has huge holes that need to be addressed.

VY was great, no surprise. The Texans defense was great, no surprise. Carr managed the game well no surprise. But how do you let that happen on the last play of the drive. I let Vince throw it. I don't let him run. That play looked almost designed. Hindsight is 20-20 and all. But I was just praying we didn't let Vince run up the middle.

Still doesn't change my mind. Still think we made the right pick. Without MW and Ryans this defense is pathetic. We had to make a choice, build offense or build defense.

That "so-called" forward pass that VY fumbled WAS a fumble that I think Ryans recovered that the officials didn't review, even my friend which is for the Titans thought that was a fumble also. But they wanted to review the field position in the 2nd quarter that simply gave us what like 4 yards. Thanks alot.

Good game Texans, KEEP CARR!!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Keep Carr and Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Wow, what a game.

Carr did just that, "manage the game", which is all they ask of him. Our offense is extremely conservative for a fifth year starter. The runnung game was efficient, and you have the defense on their heels to spread the field. Its short outs and crossing patterns. We have great weapons in Johnson, Moulds and Daniels, and even better, We have Nothing to lose! We need to take more chances on offense, or find someone who will.

Yeah, our front office seems to drop the ball more than Carr, and needs to make giant strides this offseason to make this team watchable. We had a great draft this year I firmly believe. We definitely needed defense, and we got it, however the secondary has huge holes that need to be addressed.

VY was great, no surprise. The Texans defense was great, no surprise. Carr managed the game well no surprise. But how do you let that happen on the last play of the drive. I let Vince throw it. I don't let him run. That play looked almost designed. Hindsight is 20-20 and all. But I was just praying we didn't let Vince run up the middle.

Still doesn't change my mind. Still think we made the right pick. Without MW and Ryans this defense is pathetic. We had to make a choice, build offense or build defense.

That "so-called" forward pass that VY fumbled WAS a fumble that I think Ryans recovered that the officials didn't review, even my friend which is for the Titans thought that was a fumble also. But they wanted to review the field position in the 2nd quarter that simply gave us what like 4 yards. Thanks alot.

but this past draft was much better for building offense, and the front office failed to recognize that
Old 12-10-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im in favor of giving Carr another year with Kubiak, but as someone questioned in another post, is he mentally gone because of all the hits he has taken?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Carr played a decent game today, but for the two penalties when he threw beyond the line of scrimmage. Some fans aren't remembering that 3 of our starting 5 O-linemen are out for the rest of the season. Part of the conservative playcalling was no doubt due to lack of confidence in the O-line.

Having said that, I thought Winston played a solid game today. I hope he can be our starting RT next year and an upgrade over Weigert. I'd like to see what Carr can do next year with a better line and a RB like Adrian Peterson!

:bananasplit:
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Keep Carr and Kubiak

IMO he just is very over anxious because as of right now he still has the sorry line that he began to play with since day one.

Carr has never gotten that badly hurt or anything like that he's fine it's just he is tired of running for his life and I understand that entirely anybody in their right mind would.
Old 12-10-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
IMO he just is very over anxious because as of right now he still has the sorry line that he began to play with since day one.

Carr has never gotten that badly hurt or anything like that he's fine it's just he is tired of running for his life and I understand that entirely anybody in their right mind would.
DID YOU SEE Brady YELLING at his O-line for being sacked 4 times today? Man, he would not have a voice if he played for the Texans.
Old 12-10-2006   #7
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
Wow, what a game.

Good post - throughout. Although I think we have a few more worthwhile defensive players than just two (only a few, mind). I've been in favour of Kubiak's softly softly approach - building confidence and all that - to make the team less brittle. But the confidence is there and it's going to disappear if he keeps refusing to have any faith in David Carr to make plays. Sometimes you need to take a chance and put one up there and we're just not doing that. Ever.
Old 12-10-2006   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

another play that stood out to me today was right before our tying fg andrea had a chance running full speed to stick his head down run up field and get a first down instead he tries to go outside and runs weakly out of bounds.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
another play that stood out to me today was right before our tying fg andrea had a chance running full speed to stick his head down run up field and get a first down instead he tries to go outside and runs weakly out of bounds.
Yeah my friend was pretty ticked when he just let the guy push him out of bounds. THe guy is 220+ and he did not try to plow through?

Whatever I guess, we got the Field Goal and VY made a VY play and beat us.
Old 12-10-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, that was a play where he was tring to make more out of it rather than just heading up field after the first guy missed. He could have got the 1st down easy, but was trying to make a bigger play and wound up getting run to the sidelines and out of bounds.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
TexanLen
Veteran

Ok, so we keep Carr. Give him a 6th year (2nd with Kubiak). Try to draft Peterson. and hope the O-line gets better with draft picks, FA, or experience alone. DC will come into his own and finally be a good QB? So, if Smith or Quinn fall in our laps, do we pass and get best available DB or RB? I think it will get really ugly here in H-town if that happened!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
Ok, so we keep Carr. Give him a 6th year (2nd with Kubiak). Try to draft Peterson. and hope the O-line gets better with draft picks, FA, or experience alone. DC will come into his own and finally be a good QB? So, if Smith or Quinn fall in our laps, do we pass and get best available DB or RB? I think it will get really ugly here in H-town if that happened!!!
Eh??? O line all 7 picks, we can at least get 2 good players out of that...I hope lol
Old 12-10-2006   #13
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
First of all it was three guys pushing him out of bounds and that was forward progressed anyways.

AJ was just trying to make a play and it didn't come up in his favor. The man is like Mrs. Pac Man on the Titans with the ball in his hands he's gonna make plays plain and simple. It just didn't happen that time.
Old 12-10-2006   #14
Texansfan36
Veteran

IMO we need to keep Kubes and get Troy Smith in the draft.
j/k I thought it would add some flavor to all the stuff going on today.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
IMO we need to keep Kubes and get Troy Smith in the draft.
j/k I thought it would add some flavor to all the stuff going on today.
But look..........ain't Troy like 5'9"?! Thats kind of "well don't know" situation, if you get my drift........man 5'9"!
Old 12-10-2006   #16
mganz
Rookie

Quote:
Wow, what a game.

I would have been ok if vy beat us with his arm, but to see him run for 39 yard for the game winner was nauseating. I was at the game. As soon as he was 5 yards past the LOS we knew he was gone and the game was over. That is what make it difficult. I agree we still made the right pick for us.
mganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #17
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mganz View Post
I would have been ok if vy beat us with his arm, but to see him run for 39 yard for the game winner was nauseating. I was at the game. As soon as he was 5 yards past the LOS we knew he was gone and the game was over. That is what make it difficult. I agree we still made the right pick for us.
We needed the defense and we got it, just the secondary needs a tune a bit.

But MW was the right choice and I stand with a vengance against the Titans we'll getcha, we'll getcha.

Its the offense this offseason with Texans and I'm wondering what they got in mind it's gonna be intriguing. CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 12-10-2006   #18
texpa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
DID YOU SEE Brady YELLING at his O-line for being sacked 4 times today? Man, he would not have a voice if he played for the Texans.
did you see vy on the field getting his defense fired up in the 4th to stop the texans
texpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Wow, what a game.

congratulations....you have won the award for worst post ever

p.s. attention moderators i am on self imposed double secret probation especially after this wretched loss. I dont want to offend fellow fans or the public at large, but if this quote ends up being the excuse/post du jour....all bets are off

....kinda

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-10-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #20
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

I'm watching the Cowboys vs. Saints and take a wild guess whats the play of the day?!

VY running the game winning TD ain't that some doo doo. On channel 2 they were practically talking smack..........totally embarrassed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read