Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default MJD MC or VY ROY

How about these kids... Jones-Drew has been leaps and bounds better than Bush.

Jones-Drew 6ypc, 12 TDs, 10 yards per catch.

VY, nuff said.

Colston, 869 yds, 7 tds.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MJD MC or VY ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
How about these kids... Jones-Drew has been leaps and bounds better than Bush.

Jones-Drew 6ypc, 12 TDs, 10 yards per catch.

VY, nuff said.

Colston, 869 yds, 7 tds.
It's now a 3 horse race for the offensive ROY.

I thing Meco has the DROY for sure.

But Young & Jones-Drew are now in the thick of the OROY race since Colston got hurt.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
Texansfan36
Veteran

I would give it to MJD but I am biased in that respect (big UCLA fan). He took the colts out back to the woodshed and laid the beating to them. The guy is a beast IMHO.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Thumbs up VY Hands Down ROY!!!!!!!!

After todays game he is a shoe in. Harder for a Rookie QB to produce than any other Rookie postion!
Old 12-10-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
I would give it to MJD but I am biased in that respect (big UCLA fan). He took the colts out back to the woodshed and laid the beating to them. The guy is a beast IMHO.
I wish he could play for the Browns... he's an Oompa Loompa... it's really gotta be disheartening for a team to get single-handedly beaten by a dude that small.
He was a guy I liked in the draft, I felt he went really under the radar playing in Bush's shadow. His pass catching skills are good, there are only a few guys in the league who can function as 3rd down backs, goal-line backs, and take it to the house out of the backfield. He's a complete player, and that's not even mentioning his KR skills. Taylor will be gone next year, and they'll do the same thing with Greg Jones in 2007.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
MrMeToo
All Pro

offfensive-Young
Defensive-Ryans
Old 12-10-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The NFL likes stars, and I think VY is already pinned as "the next great thing." Unless he really falters in his last few games, I expect him to get offensive rookie of the year and possibly rookie of the year.
Old 12-10-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
The NFL likes stars, and I think VY is already pinned as "the next great thing." Unless he really falters in his last few games, I expect him to get offensive rookie of the year and possibly rookie of the year.
If you ask ESPN they would tell you that VY is great but even he shudders in the presence of the great Reggie Bush.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones-Drew should win. Will he? No. Bush or Young will get the award.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
Texansfan36
Veteran

Yea Bush has ONE good game against a BAD team, and he automatically gets re-crowned as the be-all end-all of pro football. Yet MJD gets three td's against one of the better teams in the league, and he actually gets his td's on the ground not off passes, and he gets no reconigtion what so ever. It is enough to make me vomet. It really is.

I'm a MJD homer, sue me.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
offfensive-Young
Defensive-Ryans
Agree....Imagine if both of them were on our team:brickwall
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read