Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This one hurts the most.

Its not bad enough that we're 4-9, but we have to watch the Young led Titans go from pick #3 to winning 6 out of their last games.
Old 12-10-2006   #2
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Default Re: This one hurts the most.

this was so painful for me to watch. I feel sick and I do not know if I can watch anymore football today.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Im glad I was rooting for VY or else MY stomauch would have been screwed up.

Sorry yall feel that way, but its not yalls fault that our organization passed up on VY.
Old 12-10-2006   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

What is hard is that the Titans are another team that seems to have gotten over the "rebuilding phase" in the time it has taken the Texans to get out. Jets, Ravens, Bengals...
Old 12-10-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see this thread come out every time we lose.

As soon as the Titans won the toss I knew the game was over.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Texans & our defense coulda stopped the Titans.

But I have watched Young since high school & I have never seen him lose a game in that type of situation.

I love Mario. He is on my top 5 list of favorite players.

But Vince Young is just awesome & anybody who has watched him as long as I have just knew what was going to happen.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I see this thread come out every time we lose.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Texans & our defense coulda stopped the Titans.

But I have watched Young since high school & I have never seen him lose a game in that type of situation.

I love Mario. He is on my top 5 list of favorite players.

But Vince Young is just awesome & anybody who has watched him as long as I have just knew what was going to happen.

I couldn't have said it better. I feel exactly the same way.
Old 12-10-2006   #7
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Me too, but not because I have a man crush on Young. Its mostly because the NFL overtime rules massively favor the team who wins the coin toss. (Edit: Thats the "shrug" smiley? Looks a bit odd. )

All the Vince Young man love here is very strange. You guys DO realize he doesn't play for the Horns anymore, right?
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
Me too, but not because I have a man crush on Young. Its mostly because the NFL overtime rules massively favor the team who wins the coin toss. (Edit: Thats the "shrug" smiley? Looks a bit odd. )

All the Vince Young man love here is very strange. You guys DO realize he doesn't play for the Horns anymore, right?
I dont have a man crush on Vince Young but I have watched the kid play football since high school and I am proud of what he has accomplished.

Just because I can recognize a talented player doesnt mean I have a man crush.

Some of the posters on this board go overboard on the VY love but you can check my previous posts and see that I am not one of them.

The most ridiculous posts on this board are by people like you who just throw weak insults around at anybody who has a different opinion than you.

I guess I'm not allowed to cheer for Josh McCown of the Lions or Keith Davis of the Cowboys cuz they dont go to Sam Houston St (my alma mater) anymore.

Last edited by bah007; 12-10-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2006   #9
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I've never felt as badly about this franchise as I do right now. You couldn't have written a script more fitting than for VY to run a 39 yd TD in overtime against his hometown team that passed on him.

Now, I'm not crying over spilled milk. We passed on Vince, we took Mario. I became a Mario fan the moment he put on the Texans cap and that hasn't changed. Mario and Meco are going to be cornerstones of this defense for years to come. This team has alot of work to do this upcoming off-season, hopefully we can find some players for the offense who will make me as optimistic as I am about the D.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pac Man Jones was key for that overtime. That return was huge. Ideally, if we had gotten the ball, Jerome would have had a chance to do that.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Pac Man Jones was key for that overtime. That return was huge. Ideally, if we had gotten the ball, Jerome would have had a chance to do that.
Vince had something to do with the Titans win...
Old 12-10-2006   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
dont have a man crush on Vince Young but I have watched the kid play football since high school and I am proud of what he has accomplished.

I feel the same way...I can't help but get excited for a hometown guy who I watched in highschool....the reason why I DO go overboard in my post is because we passed on a great great player....I'm sorry that I come off as anti-texan, but I'm soooooooooooo pissed about this.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #13
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

[quote=The Dream;530432]I feel the same way...I can't help but get excited for a hometown guy who I watched in highschool....the reason why I DO go overboard in my post is because we passed on a great great player....I'm sorry that I come off as anti-texan, but I'm soooooooooooo pissed about this.[/QUOTE

You are singing to the choir.I feel all of your pain, You could never EVER go overboard on that issue.
Old 12-10-2006   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
this was so painful for me to watch. I feel sick and I do not know if I can watch anymore football today.
I feel your pain amigo...I almost feel empty.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I dont have a man crush on Vince Young but I have watched the kid play football since high school and I am proud of what he has accomplished.

Some of the posters on this board go overboard on the VY love but you can check my previous posts and see that I am not one of them.
Im certainly not going to go and check your posts, since I could instead just take your word for it. Cheers.

Quote:
The most ridiculous posts on this board are by people like you who just throw weak insults around at anybody who has a different opinion than you.
I have 16 (or 17 now) posts in...what...about a year, so I obviously dont "throw weak insults around at anybody who has a different opinion." I would have thousands of posts if that were the case.

Aside from all this, there wasnt really an insult directed towards you in there, I just happened to be quoting you while voicing my frustration with the Texans "fans" who were inexplicably cheering for Young during this game. Apologies for any misunderstanding, but its difficult to type out coherent posts while the wife is wanting to have a discussion about the decorating in the new place ( ).
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #16
bayshorebevo
Veteran

This pain might happen twice a year for a while.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe the Titans will kick our butts each year . If we had VY we win this game ... so I think you do some upgrades on offense .
Old 12-10-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was a great game. Two evenly matched teams. Goes to overtime and the defense screws up and lets VY make a big play for the win. Much better game than I was expecting. Exciting, entertaining and for the most part, well played. Sure we wanted a win, but this was a good game.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
Im certainly not going to go and check your posts, since I could instead just take your word for it. Cheers.

I have 16 (or 17 now) posts in...what...about a year, so I obviously dont "throw weak insults around at anybody who has a different opinion." I would have thousands of posts if that were the case.

Aside from all this, there wasnt really an insult directed towards you in there, I just happened to be quoting you while voicing my frustration with the Texans "fans" who were inexplicably cheering for Young during this game. Apologies for any misunderstanding, but its difficult to type out coherent posts while the wife is wanting to have a discussion about the decorating in the new place ( ).
Apology accepted.

Just a misunderstanding between two frustrated fans I guess.
Old 12-10-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

The Titans loss earlier this year we should've won, the Bills crushing loss in the last second when we should've won, but this one definately hurts the worse. The last play felt like I got stabbed in the heart. Couldn't Binoras just hit the 57 yarder? That would have been hard to swallow, but I would've been able to swallow it. I'm just so frustrated right now.

But through all this, you have to take away the good. The Titans are one of the best teams in the league right now (who would've thought I would have said that at the beginning of the year) and we played with them all game and the offense looked a lot better than last week. And we'll be in a better position this offseason to get a higher draft picks. But honestly, I'm getting sick of having to be happy with us playing well and losing.. Why can't we play good and win? :brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read