Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why did we stop running Dayne?

He was tearing it up.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Why did we stop running Dayne?

Have no clue, he must have needed oxygen!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
bigcarlos
Veteran

He ran out of gas
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
wolfscar
Veteran

That's what I want to know - forget all this crap about why Carr wasn't passing with a minute to go on our own 6 yard line - why the hell didn't we give it to a RB and see if he can break a long one? That's just nuts.

How the hell do you give up 39 yards rushing to a QB on 3rd and 14, outside field goal range, in OT? Damn that was painful. :brickwall
Old 12-10-2006   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

On the Daniels pass, had Carr placed it right, I believe it would have been the game killer right there. I think that call was a good one, but I hated most of the other passing plays that were called when we held the 8-pt lead.

I don't know if Kubiak wanted to try to win the game with Carr's arm for the sake of Carr's confidence, but I was upset that he abandoned what was a successful ground game.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Exactly, what I was thinking. I didn't like the play when they attempted the long pass to Daniels on 2nd Down. They had been running so well in a close game. I felt they should have run on that down and the next until they would have worn down the Titans Defense. Oh well, it didn't happen, but the Texans did play well even if the Vince Young fans can't see that. They lost in overtime for goodness sakes. That should mean that they were competitive with the Titans. If Vince Young was as good as some posters would have us believe then the game would have been over at Halftime and Vince would have sat out the Fourth Quarter.
If you are happy because we "stayed close" with the Titans you need to reset your expectations. First, we were favored to win this game. Second, we lost to a rookie qb. Third, the offense was putrid. Fourth, I hate VY, but now regret us passing on him. Lastly, the Titans look like a franchise headed in the right direction...we don't.
Old 12-10-2006   #7
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Have no clue, he must have needed oxygen!
lol.
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I sure would have liked to have seen Taylor get a few carries...I hate to say it, not like we got something to play for this year.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9
CMax
Rookie

Why did they stop running Dayne?

Cause it was working.
CMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
The initial line had the Texans favored by 1.5 points, but the line was even before kickoff. I wanted to win in the worst way. Next week is going to suck having to listen to all the Carr-hating Vince-loving co-workers crap.
That is so true...
Old 12-10-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
On the Daniels pass, had Carr placed it right,
If you watch the replay, Daniels was knocked off his route and slipped a bit and that threw the timing off. In the NFL, the ball is thrown to a spot and if the guy is late, it looks long. I agree though that the game would have taken a positive turn our way if they had hooked up or if AJ held onto the endzone ball.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read