Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2006   #1
Titanic
Rookie

Default I know you're disappointed....

But I just want to say that was a great game. I know we put up a lot of yards but your defense is looking better and I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB. This rivalry is going to be fun the next few years, good luck the rest of the season.
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I know you're disappointed....

You're right, we are disappointed, but thanks for the good words.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
But I just want to say that was a great game. I know we put up a lot of yards but your defense is looking better and I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB. This rivalry is going to be fun the next few years, good luck the rest of the season.
Dayne was the ONLY reason we were in this game from an offensive standpoint. Carr did nothing but make no terrible mistakes. Whoopdeedo
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't understand cause you don't have him on your team...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Carr did not lose this game for us. Our D line dissapeared and Kubiak had some bonehead calls again. #80 dropped a few more passes and no one could find Dayne in the 2nd half.

Great win by VY, weve seen it so many times. We got beat by a better team, and that is all.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6
TexanLen
Veteran

It is very disappointing!!! I look around the league and see 3rd, 2nd, and rookie Qb's coming in and looking better than Carr. Even when Carr had time, he wasn't spectacular. All his yards are mostly YAC. He has a good percentage because he dumps and dinks. He just wore out his welcome here. He is a great guy and it is no crack on him as a person, but he needs to go!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #7
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Carr did not lose this game for us. Our D line dissapeared and Kubiak had some bonehead calls again. #80 dropped a few more passes and no one could find Dayne in the 2nd half.

Great win by VY, weve seen it so many times. We got beat by a better team, and that is all.
Andre almost save Carr's career at the end of the game. Also, the one pass Andre dropped he was held. Stop not blaming Carr. Carr is done. He's not a winner like VINCE YOUNG. Maybe when Carr goes to another team next season, you cheer him on over there.
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2006   #8
TexanLen
Veteran

I think Dayne waanted to be 1st at the Buffet table. He started standing in line at half time.

Old 12-10-2006   #9
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Fact is we were swept by the Titans for the 2nd consecutive season. So what rivalery.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:

Nope he didnt lose it, but he certainly didnt win it either. If you have a consistant running game picking up good yardage, then you can get away with a QB who cant make big plays.
Old 12-10-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Andre almost save Carr's career at the end of the game. Also, the one pass Andre dropped he was held. Stop not blaming Carr. Carr is done. He's not a winner like VINCE YOUNG. Maybe when Carr goes to another team next season, you cheer him on over there.

ANd Andre has DROPPED plenty of passes. #80 is not free of blame.

AND LOL about your comment cheering Carr on another team...Like you are doing for VY...loser.
Old 12-10-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
Nope he didnt lose it, but he certainly didnt win it either. If you have a consistant running game picking up good yardage, then you can get away with a QB who cant make big plays.
Yup, we cant throw deep because our O-line play stinks and oru Run game dissapeared.
Old 12-10-2006   #13
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB.
Don't even bother, my friend. Doesn't matter what Carr does in the game - if we don't win he gets slated. Period. I guess that's what happens when you get a paycheck the size of his - if you're not spectacularly good then you're worthless. Maybe justifiably so.

Interesting comparison ...
TODAY:
V. Young - 19 of 29 - 218yds - 65.5% - 1 INT - one rushing TD against a Defense that should have stopped that play in its sleep. Titans win. Texans message board filled with people posting that Vince is god.

5th NOVEMBER:
D. Carr - 21 of 30 - 176yds - 70.0% - 0 INT - one gutsy rushing TD against one of the best rush defenses in the league. Giants win. Texans message board barely mentions Carr except to talk about poor play in the first half.

I'm not suggesting that the guy shouldn't be scrutinised, but this game was not lost because of Carr. If you want to condense it down it was lost on one shocking defensive play and some ultra-conservative play calling from Kubiak. I'll be very interested to see what happens here in the offseason because he's not putting a drop of faith in his QB.
Old 12-10-2006   #14
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Fact is we were swept by the Titans for the 2nd consecutive season. So what rivalery.
The Jags whipped the Colts today, so if we beat Peyton and co. in two weeks they'll have lost to all four teams this year. That would be a nice way to round out the season. Not a particularly likely way, but a nice way.
Old 12-10-2006   #15
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

As I posted, if Carr does not go for over 72% and 320 yards he had a bad game. He has a bad game every week, Carr haters were crying about every game like the Raiders game where he had -7 yards. So I had to figure his best statistical game and realized anything over that is a good game
Old 12-10-2006   #16
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
As I posted, if Carr does not go for over 72% and 320 yards he had a bad game. He has a bad game every week, Carr haters were crying about every game like the Raiders game where he had -7 yards. So I had to figure his best statistical game and realized anything over that is a good game
No, Carr is not a good QB. Most of his yards are YAC. The 5 yard dumps are nothing for a NFL QB. Carr cannot lead his team to victory.

How many people had confidence that Carr would lead this team to victory? I bet nearly every fan had more confidence that VY would have a better chance to bring his team back than Carr did.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. This loss hurts!!!

Old 12-10-2006   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
No, Carr is not a good QB. Most of his yards are YAC. The 5 yard dumps are nothing for a NFL QB. Carr cannot lead his team to victory.

How many people had confidence that Carr would lead this team to victory? I bet nearly every fan had more confidence that VY would have a better chance to bring his team back than Carr did.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. This loss hurts!!!
As Ive posted. Dropped passes hurt Carr. Cook fumbling inside of 2 minutes hurts Carr.

I recall beating the Jags on 4th and 1 one year. He can win, but the O-line has to improve, thats how the Cowboys won along with the Niners and so on.

I have to agree with you about the short passing game, but I question is that to supplement the pathetic run game and to protect Carr because of bad O-line play?
Old 12-10-2006   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Carr is done. He's not a winner like VINCE YOUNG.

Last I checked both Vince Young and David Carr have won at least one game in their careers...thus making them winers.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
Ckw

1 TD in 7 games. I'm sorry but that kills me.
Old 12-10-2006   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
1 TD in 7 games. I'm sorry but that kills me.

Hey, Carrs stats did not count when he played well, so they dont count if he has not produced as much as the start of the season (Remember its about wins)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read