Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2006   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If Carr is ever going to have any cajones ...

He will have to show them tomorrow. I think this game is his last chance to man up and show something big. He has to be sick of hearing about VY all week and should have all the motivation in the world to show up big tomorrow. If he doesn't I think the Carr era in Houston is at the end of the rope and he needs to move on.

Right now I am of the opinion that he can do decent in the league however not in a Texans uniform. I think both parties need to move on to move forward. I am reserving tomorrow's game to be proven wrong.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Carr is ever going to have any cajones ...

one game won't do it for Carr.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Carr has been hit and sacked more than any QB in a 5 year history. He took a HARD shot scoring against the giants...He plays behind a pathetic O-line and takes the blame from fans when the Defense gives up 500 yards a game or 2 80 PLUS yard TDs in the first quarter...He is the polar opposite of Terrel Owens and has not pulled any stunts despite the fact he has had no run game to speak of this season added to all of what I mentioned above.

the hits, the blame, and the guy gets up and plays...Id say he has the "cajones"
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

David Carr will be the best quarterback in Reliant Stadium tomorrow
Old 12-09-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
the hits, the blame, and the guy gets up and plays...Id say he has the "cajones"
He has drawers? Boxes? What??

Language Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
I've seen them in alot of games.. no question about that. If the whole team shows up.. tomarrow we will have another win. The Carr-crying will still be here as that's all a bunch of people have to blame for another losing season.

So true, but he is gone because the O-line is BAD. It started out ok, but with no decent run game (or the run game being sporatic) and the O-line due to Injuries, Carr will have a bad game tomorrow. Regardless, people come on here and bash Carr when he has a great game. That is why I asked what is a bad game his 320 yard perfomance Vs the Jets, the 20-25 against teams (not all dink and dunks) or the -7 yards agains the Raiders? It seems like no matter what Carr does, Cook fumbling in the clutch, Andre dropping passes in clutch or the defense getting burned, It is davids fault.

To see a guy have fun, jump in the stands, not act like a stuck up Pro athlete and be a role model off the field; It was nice having David around.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

you keep hearing that David has four games to prove himself i think that's a lie i think Gary made his mind up and knows when to accept failure the play calling alone proves it he wont give David another chance to run a two minute offense in close games before the half last week against Oakland he only allows David to throw 7 times may be less was it 5 that is sad when the face of the franchise is only allowed to throw times IN fear of that player costing you the game.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
He has drawers? Boxes? What??

Language Translator
LOL. I misspelled it in the title, it is cojones. It's Spanish slang for nads.

Last edited by Hookem Horns; 12-09-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2006   #9
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
He will have to show them tomorrow. I think this game is his last chance to man up and show something big. He has to be sick of hearing about VY all week and should have all the motivation in the world to show up big tomorrow. If he doesn't I think the Carr era in Houston is at the end of the rope and he needs to move on.

Right now I am of the opinion that he can do decent in the league however not in a Texans uniform. I think both parties need to move on to move forward. I am reserving tomorrow's game to be proven wrong.
In spite of all the rhetoric, tomorow isn't David's "last chance". He will open at QB in 2007.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #10
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
I've seen them in alot of games.. no question about that.
Caddy, what are you doing staring at Carr's cojones so much? Watch the game for Pete's sake!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
In spite of all the rhetoric, tomorow isn't David's "last chance". He will open at QB in 2007.
It will be in a lot of fans eyes.
Old 12-09-2006   #12
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
It will be in a lot of fans eyes.
...but not in the eyes of people that matter. McNair, Kubiak. Forget the whining fans.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
...but not in the eyes of people that matter. McNair, Kubiak. Forget the whining fans.
Yeah, that's unfortunate.
Old 12-09-2006   #14
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a huge Carr supporter since day one....I remember I watched him in a Fresno state game at the beginning of his senior year. I said to myself he had to be the quarterback the Texans drafted. . . .

Unfortunately, for whatever reason/s that you may adhere to, which have been and will continue to be debated on this draft board, newspapers, and talk shows, David Carr's time here in Houston is done.

He has lost the confidence of his teammates, coach, and many of his fans.

Both he and the Texans need a clean break and a fresh start. He may go on to be the one many, including myself, thought he was going to be, however, I am now sure that will never happen here in Houston.

Everything I have just said has be regurgitated over and over in some form or another in various threads. . . .No one needed it to be repeated except for myself. . . This is the first time I have been able to bring myself to say this in a public forum.

My name is Ashley Ashna and I can no longer support David Carr as the Houston Texans quarterback

Go in peace brother Carr. . . Go in peace.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 12-09-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

it is now or never.:brickwall
Old 12-10-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
David Carr will be the best quarterback in Reliant Stadium tomorrow
Pretty gutsy my friend.
Old 12-10-2006   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Carr has been hit and sacked more than any QB in a 5 year history.
Really? I thought he was third behind Cunningham and someone else.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #18
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gotten so bad a friend of mine dropped off a bag full of Texans gear at my house and said " Here I am done with them".
I got a whole bunch of hats, shirts, and other stuff.
FO better wakeup and smell the coffee and get this ship righted before its too late.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #19
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Forgetting the fans is exactly why many in the stands today will be cheering for the visiting team's QB.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #20
A Texan
Veteran

Carr needs to stop being so timid at opposing stadiums. He even tells Texan fans not to wear their Texans gear when there.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read