Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome back, Ahmard Hall

A Texan

Waterboy
All the talk is about Vince Young returning, but another Titan rookie starter will be making his return, Ahmard Hall from Angleton. Hall is the fullback, the same one who blocked for Vince last year at UT. He, you may remember, is the marine war veteran who served in Kosovo and Afghanistan. Good luck to them, but may the Texans win!

I was hoping we'd get a FB in last years draft or through the undrafted free agents to get a good, young, solid FB and I wish we would have gotten him.

Chris Taylor is from Tennessee and he's going to get some playing time this weekend also lol.

Hall is a Train-Wrecker. He is one of the main reasons why our running game came to life about 5 games ago.

41063_102617527b.jpg

He looked great in last week's game. Pains me to see a guy like that gets picked up as a FA out of our own back yard. How can you not see the size, speed and tenacity that comes in that package? Sometimes I have got to think that NFL scouts and personnel guys are just collecting checks.

Ahmard Hall is quickly becoming a fan favorite in Tennessee. He's very popular and respected among his teammates, and Jeff Fisher loves him, as well. "Big Marine" has been rock solid all year long, and has played a huge role in the resurrection of the Titans' running game.

Last week was something of a breakout game for Hall....he had a couple of very nice runs, and a couple of key pass receptions, as well. On the Titans' 4th quarter TD drive to take a 17-14 lead in the game, Hall was a lynchpin, accounting for 37 of the drive's 95 yards.

Right now, the Titans are putting the finishing touches on their rebuilding process....and I've got a feeling Ahmard Hall is going to be an important part of the team's foundation for a long, long time.

To recap: Hall ran a 4.58, is built like a beast, had good receiving skills, blocks well, had a distinguished military career, and walked on at Texas. He went to Tennessee to be with Scaife and VY. The most impressive thing about him, is he appears to be a much better player at the NFL than he was in college. It's not supposed to work that way for guys like him. He and Marques Colston make you really wonder about scouts, like KT is saying.

The guy oozes the type of attitude and tenacity you want in a football player. Fisher called him an "athletic Lorenzo Neal". He is a beastly blocker and a viable offensive threat.

he's awesome, he was a quarterback at angleton, thats where i grew up , i even think he an quinten jammer played at the same time, he was the multipurpose back so he has the talent, and now he can combine all that with his fullback responsibilities,, what a steal the titans got......

From the TOMB:

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to get a message to Mr Hall. I just wanted to pass on my appreciation to Mr Hall. I am a 1stLt in the Marine Corps and when I saw his interview on ESPN I was sincerely touched. I have met many Marines that have had the same dream as he. His success is an inspiration and should be made better known to Marines everywhere so they may realize that they to can achieve great things with the right motivation.

I also served in Afghanistan when I was enlisted. I was a coproral in 2002 when I deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan. My path was a little different from Mr. Hall's. I graduated from Ball State University in 1995 and then enlisted four years later. I was later commissioned in 2003 after putting together my application during my second tour in Afghanistan. I am preparing to deploy to Iraq for the second time early next year. I am currently with 2d Battalion, 7th Marines.

I feel that Mr. Hall's service to his country and his subsequent success at the University of Texas and the Titans organization are extremely honorable. It is proof that a man can reach his dreams if he is willing to sacrifice and work hard. This is a message that will benefit Marines everywhere who have a desire to get an education and play collegiate athletics. You never know what the possibilities are unless you go out there and put it all on the line. Mr. Hall did exactly that and I have a lot of respect for him for that. He risked his life for his country and he has been repaid for his self-sacrifice, hard work, and courage.

Please pass this on to Mr. Hall if possible. I want him to know that I am proud of his accomplishments. He is a great example of the awesome accomplishments a Marine can have even after his service to his country and the Corps are complete.

Semper Fidelis; once a Marine, always a Marine.

Very Respectfully,

1stLt Matthew S. Moreno
Communications Officer
2d Battalion, 7th Marines

From the TOMB:

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to get a message to Mr Hall. I just wanted to pass on my appreciation to Mr Hall. I am a 1stLt in the Marine Corps and when I saw his interview on ESPN I was sincerely touched. I have met many Marines that have had the same dream as he. His success is an inspiration and should be made better known to Marines everywhere so they may realize that they to can achieve great things with the right motivation.

I also served in Afghanistan when I was enlisted. I was a coproral in 2002 when I deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan. My path was a little different from Mr. Hall's. I graduated from Ball State University in 1995 and then enlisted four years later. I was later commissioned in 2003 after putting together my application during my second tour in Afghanistan. I am preparing to deploy to Iraq for the second time early next year. I am currently with 2d Battalion, 7th Marines.

I feel that Mr. Hall's service to his country and his subsequent success at the University of Texas and the Titans organization are extremely honorable. It is proof that a man can reach his dreams if he is willing to sacrifice and work hard. This is a message that will benefit Marines everywhere who have a desire to get an education and play collegiate athletics. You never know what the possibilities are unless you go out there and put it all on the line. Mr. Hall did exactly that and I have a lot of respect for him for that. He risked his life for his country and he has been repaid for his self-sacrifice, hard work, and courage.

Please pass this on to Mr. Hall if possible. I want him to know that I am proud of his accomplishments. He is a great example of the awesome accomplishments a Marine can have even after his service to his country and the Corps are complete.

Semper Fidelis; once a Marine, always a Marine.

Very Respectfully,

1stLt Matthew S. Moreno
Communications Officer
2d Battalion, 7th Marines

This is off subject but I wanted to take this opportunity to say Thank You for all that the enlisted men and women do for us. We sit here and discuss petty things while y'all put it on the line everyday. Stay safe and get home quick. Thanks again for all you do.

Back