Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2006   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You people need to get a grip.....again.

"Winning in this league is really hard to do". That's a quote from Kub and is really an understatement. Look at all the teams with a ton more talent than we have that are struggling now....Giants, Falcons, Steelers, BRONCOS! Whodathunkit? Winning is a fine line and we all know it. The constant comparisons about draft choices and keeping Carr and Kub bashing needs to stop.

Every team in the NFL starts a season trying to make incredibly difficult decisions on players, both draft and FA, and then hope for the best. I'm sure Kub felt certain when he got here that he could turn Carr around and drafted accordingly. Bottom line is we still had the best draft this team has ever had and Carr is still struggling. Look at the Giants. Just had to have Eli instead of Rivers and now look at them. Bush? Vince? Mario?.........hash it over to death and it doesn't matter. I'm sure Kub and his staff are not looking backward but looking forward. All these teams make the best choices they can and really don't know until midyear or beyond whether it's a good one or not.

Kub took over a team that was in total disarray with only three playmakers in AJ, Davis, and Mathis and no depth. We start camp and lose a 1500 yd back in Davis and Mathis is out. By midseason we've lost three OL starters and two DT's. Imagine this team with a healthy starting OL, and with Davis and Mathis playing a full season. I suspect a totally different team that can take advantage of Kub's offense and playcalling.

The bottom line is Kub and his staff have done a great job considering the injuries they've had and what they had to start with. Give him a chance and I think we'll see a great team to watch and cheer for. I'm going to do the same and support the home team just like I did when George Blanda was here......
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You people need to get a grip.....again.

Good points, prostock101!
Old 12-09-2006   #3
Texan1
Veteran

I like Kub and I'm glad he is here and is our coach. But I can't give him a free pass either. About all you can say for this season is the Texans made progress in with draft (which is a good thing). That should pay off down the road and points to good things for future drafts. On the field, its debatable whether we made any significant progress relative to the last few years.
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #4
txwooley
Rookie

We tend to forget that Kubes is a "Rookie" head coach. It is quite a step up from co-ordinator to top dog. Kubes is learning the ropes like any other rookie and will take a year or so to learn all the ins and outs of HEAD coaching and not just assistant.
txwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #5
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to add that I really don't look at the team through rose colored glasses. I see the failings as well as the successes. As a long time football fan I just chose to focus on the positive aspects of my team and enjoy the game. If you're constantly looking at the negative and the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" aspect, then how can that be enjoyable?
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: You people need to get a grip.....again.

I was hoping this year would have been better, but *shrugs*

I've seen a lot of things I like. I don't believe "we made progress" EVERY game. Some games we fell apart.

I think with a few more roster changes we'll be a SOLID team next year. Our D is headed in the right direction as a whole. Upgrade some mixture of QB/RB/O Line (or at least get everyone healthy?) and I think we're a 500 team or better.

Absent a lot of boneheaded mistakes (all around, every player, every coach) we're a 500 team this year.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but on Sunday there's only 2 teams playing and one team will win and one team will lose. So why can't (insert your team here) win more than they do?
Old 12-09-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We've also already doubled the amount of wins from last year and westill have 4 games to play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read