Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-09-2006   #1
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Default Betts stays with 'Skins

So, cross him off of your wishlists. That is assuming you had him involved in any offseason plans for the Texans. It seems like he was looking at a pretty nice payday if he tested the open market, but he took the deal that was in front of him. Can't blame him though.

Quote:

WASHINGTON -- Running back Ladell Betts signed a five-year, $11 million contract extension with the Washington Redskins on Friday, opting to remain in Clinton Portis' shadow rather than test free-agency after a career-best season.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9859530
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Betts stays with 'Skins

Quote:
opting to remain in Clinton Portis' shadow rather than test free-agency after a career-best season
Bleh.. they make it sound like hes a coward. I say good for him, you dont see enough players that stick with thier team. I think it takes more guts to stay with the skins and try to get them to the superbowl, than to go out and take the biggest paycheck.

If more players did that, you would see some of these "fringe" teams as superbowl contenders.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #3
Ckw

I totally agree with you Grid. But at the same time, isn't that one of the biggest reasons he would make a great Texan? I mean loyalty is hard to find these days and when there is a player who is willing to stay with his team and do everything he can to end his career with his team, you hold on to that player. Or at least you hold on to him if he is any good. But I commend him for sticking with the guys that drafted him.
Old 12-10-2006   #4
DCSaints_fan
Rookie

Quote:
opting to remain in Clinton Portis' shadow rather than test free-agency after a career-best season
How do they know they are going to keep Portis?
DCSaints_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read