Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is it Carr's fault??
Yes 35 25.93%
No 100 74.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Is it Carr's fault??

Just wanted to do a pole... I may just not be reading it(because I don't want to), but I'm not seeing a lot of posters saying that we are losing games because of David Carr.

I've talked about David's negatives, and his short-comings.... he hasn't played worse than I expected(except in the Raider game), definitely not as well as I had hoped.

But I don't blame David for any of our losses....... I saw Jameel fumble the ball on two game winning/tying drives.. I've seen KrisBrown miss chip shot after chip shot....... I saw Peerless Price catch that ball at the back of the endzone, I've seen Andre drop the ball on third down after third down.... I've seen EricMoulds disappear(or should I say I haven't seen)..... I know our LBs can't cover the field, I've seen our safeties take bad angles, and our corners give up too much space to the WRs.....

I believe better QB play would improve this team dramatically.

How we go about getting that better QB play is in question....... but that doesn't mean that we believe that we are losing games because of our QB.
Old 12-08-2006   #2
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Is it Carr's fault??

Brought this over from another thread:

1. offensive line
2. Penalties
3. Poor decision making (QB)
4. dropped passes
5. blown coverages
6. spotty defensive pressure
7. poor running game
8. long list of notable injuries

did i leave anything out?:brickwall

"That is why you fail."

-Yoda
Old 12-08-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No, it's not Carr's fault. It's the team's fault for losing.
Old 12-08-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with no.

I agree with you that the Texans' failings aren't totally on Carr. However, Carr doesn't seem to have the intangibles to overcome the team's problems.

It seems like when we shoot ourselves in the foot, he's usually the one holding the gun.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who is suggesting that all of our struggles are because of David Carr is either blind or a brain dead moron. If you guys remember in the beginning of the season Carr was playing decent football. But it was our defense which was the worst in the league. We were giving up yards, points, and we were just horrible on defense. Now that the defense has improved our offense has regressed. Part of the problem is that we're missing starter on our o-line and we don't have Domanick Davis. Our running game is highly inconsistent and we can't rely on it from week to week. Specially in this offense we absolutely need a solid running game. If we don't all the other stuff in the passing game will never work. With all that being said David Carr has not shown that he can lead this team to the playoffs. I've said in other threads that at some point he's got to stop making the same mistakes week in and week out. Passing for negative 5 yards is inexcusable no matter how bad your offensive line is. And when you fumble the ball 2 or 3 times a game from the qb position it makes it very hard to win games. I'm just hoping that if DC is back next year I hope he's facing some serious competition at that position because we can't have poor play from our qb position and expect to win game in the NFL.
Old 12-08-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Anyone who is suggesting that all of our struggles are because of David Carr is either blind or a brain dead moron. If you guys remember in the beginning of the season Carr was playing decent football.

This is the kind of statement that draws the Carr argument out.

Carr wasn't playing better football. He was playing better than he had last year. He wasn't playing as bad as our Defense. & all his good stats were being amassed in "garbage time".

Need a definition of Garbage time?? well the opposite, would be similar to the last few games, where every possession mattered..... & Carr's stats(like everyone else on the team) were empty...... 22 for 22, didn't mean anything.... we didn't get any points to show for them, so it might as well never had happened. Same thing with his 300 yard passing game against the Jets...... we got a field goal out of it right?? 1 point per 100 yards.........

Again, not blaming David for losing the game, just pointing out his inability to rack up gawdy stats when the game is on the line.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 12-08-2006 at 05:47 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #7
ryansisgod
Veteran

its not carr's fault...the thing is that frustrates us is that in 5 years or so of existence the team has not made the next step...and most of us blame carr's because he is the qb and the captain of the ship...its easy to point the finger at him since, he already has a giant spotlight on him...due to 5 years of underacheiving as a qb.
ryansisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It is not Carr's fault we are losing, but it is certainly his fault that he has not developed into the QB people expected.
Old 12-08-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy madre de jesus--of course it is Carr's fault--partially. He obviously could be playing better and the ball has to come thru him. It is also the fault of the DB's who have dropped 7-9 easy picks this season, fumbles by Cook in critical situations, injuries to key players, the D giving up a TD on the last play of the game, a lackluster and inconsistent running game, WR's dropping balls, some sketchy at best officiating (Cook fumble vs. Daniels no reception) etc. If Carr played like a great QB we might have 2-3 more wins. If all the other stuff hadn't happened we might have 2-3 more wins. If we had both we might have 3-4 more wins. Friggin team game.
Old 12-08-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just wanted to do a pole... I may just not be reading it(because I don't want to), but I'm not seeing a lot of posters saying that we are losing games because of David Carr.

I've talked about David's negatives, and his short-comings.... he hasn't played worse than I expected(except in the Raider game), definitely not as well as I had hoped.

But I don't blame David for any of our losses....... I saw Jameel fumble the ball on two game winning/tying drives.. I've seen KrisBrown miss chip shot after chip shot....... I saw Peerless Price catch that ball at the back of the endzone, I've seen Andre drop the ball on third down after third down.... I've seen EricMoulds disappear(or should I say I haven't seen)..... I know our LBs can't cover the field, I've seen our safeties take bad angles, and our corners give up too much space to the WRs.....

I believe better QB play would improve this team dramatically.

How we go about getting that better QB play is in question....... but that doesn't mean that we believe that we are losing games because of our QB.

Brilliant post by someone who knows football.

If David is the reason why we lost games and its not about stats and yada yada yada, then it is DAVID who has WON every game.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

As the poll indicates, Carr being at fault for the team losing is something that has been largely made up.
Old 12-08-2006   #12
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

it's my fault............me sorry.........kinda......
Old 12-08-2006   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well of course it is DC's fault if he did not have the propensity for pulling out early , him and the missus would have more young ones running around.
What ?This is about football ,oh well nevermind then!

Old 12-08-2006   #14
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Carr to succeed these crossroads?!

David Carr is at a crossroads. Like Dennis Franchione, one win can turn everything around and buy time. If Carr comes out slinging it, has a good showing and the Texans win it will go a long way for Carr trust me it will.

Yet, the second half of this season has not been good for him. Much of it is his fault, some not. The good news is he has four games left. The bad news is two of those games are against Indy and New England and the fans are losing - or have lost - patience.

The Texans' line was among the five worst in the league starting the season and that line has lost three starters. Ephriam Salaam should not be starting for any team and Eric Winston is a rookie going through natural growing pains. These things are beyond Carr's control. What is within his control is putting the ball on the ground which he does way too often. Checking his primary receiver and then dumping to the safety valve when he isn't open instead of looking downfield to his second receiver. Often time does not allow for that, but other times he has adequate time and dumps anyway. Being the league's most sacked quarterback three out of four years has beaten his internal clock to bits; his pocket awareness may never recover.

Thanks Charlie Casserly. Any quarterback who is constantly harassed cannot be consistently effective regardless of the name on the back of the jersey, (see: Manning - Pittsburg game last year).

Often I wonder how Carr's career would have gone, where he would be in his development had the Texans hired Kubiak at the beginning, or had hired Randy Mueller instead of Casserly. I often wonder what would happen if I inherit a couple oil wells. Thats not likely to happen either.

We are in 2006 and the past is what it is. Where do we go from here? Hopefully Carr can recover but I've been saying that for awhile now. Perhaps he will be like Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon and flourish with another team. Maybe he will be like Tim Couch or David Klingler - two other guys stuck in bad circumstances - and be out of the league in a couple more years.

I don't see the team going quarterback in the first round regardless of where they draft. Kevin Kolb third round? There's a thought..
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr to succeed these crossroads?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
The Texans' line was among the five worst in the league starting the season and that line has lost three starters. Ephriam Salaam should not be starting for any team and Eric Winston is a rookie going through natural growing pains.

Thanks Charlie Casserly.
Casserly is an easy answer, but our current coaches made decisions this year that led to:

a) Counting on Salaam to play 14 games this year
b) Forcing Eric Winston into the line-up to soon

Their decision to keep 4 tight ends (or 2 fullbacks) and 9 offensive lineman (rather than 10), in addition to their high valuation of "swing players" resulted in the line we have now.
Old 12-09-2006   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edited.

Last edited by Scooter; 12-09-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #17
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
If the team is not winning, the fall guy is the QB! That is just the nature of this game.

DC will not be here come next year. All the DC hate is comming from the Raider game which he was horrible, you cant sugar coat that! To add to that Vince Cowboys and Reggie had very good days.
hmm I dont know what board you have been visiting, but the raider game was not the center of carr hate any more than true performance has been, people have been hating carr since season 1. he's not polished, he coughs up the ball, he never goes deep, he's not a leader, he get's sacked too much, his delivery is too low, he stares down the reciever, he overthrows in the middle, he underthrows on the sideline, blah blah blah. oh and he has stupid haricuts. did I miss anything?
Old 12-09-2006   #18
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I will

Last edited by TEXANSTAILGATER; 04-20-2007 at 02:25 PM.
TEXANSTAILGATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
They should of placed Eric Winston on the practice squad. That way he can learn. I hope we get to see Chris Taylor and see what he has learned from the practice squad.
The practice squad is unprotected. Winston would have been snapped up by another team instantly had he been placed there. They should have kept 10 lineman on the roster.
Old 12-09-2006   #20
bayshorebevo
Veteran

How does the team feel about David? You don't hear the players sticking up for him much.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read