Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2006   #1
dantem
Veteran

Default David Carr finally has the big IT

All season David Carr was in the top of the NFL in QB rating, but we were not winning games. Many veteran NFL fans and sports writers analyzed this anomaly and concluded that it was because he didn't have "IT". They could not describe what "IT" was, just that people like Vince Young have it, some kind of magic that makes the team win no matter how well or poorly the QB is playing.

Well, last week against the Raiders, David Carr finally found "IT". He threw for -4 yards, fumbled the ball 3-4 times, got sacked over and over, but through it all, he would not give in. The "IT" was radiating through him like a beacon, lighting his team’s way to victory.

Now the same sports guru's are claiming that the "W" doesn’t matter, it’s how well the QB plays. Suddenly the "IT" factor is irrelevant.

Over the last week I have done some personal research on QBs that seem to have "IT" and I have discovered What "IT" is. It the presense of the following attributes.
  • An impenetrable O-Line.
  • A running back that is a 50 yd threat.
  • A secondary that does not get burned for 2 identical 60 yd plays almost back to back to the same receiver.
  • A punter who can kick longer than 25 yard punts.
  • A FG kicker who does not miss as many as he makes.
  • A fullback who does not drop the ball every other time he touches it (in critical situations)
  • A coach that allows the QB to audible when he needs to.
  • An all pro wide receiver who doesn't drop every pass that hits him in the numbers.
  • A center that does not step on his foot at least 3 times per game.
  • And as simple as this sounds, a fan base that actually wants him to succeed.
Since David Carr has had to work all year without any of these attributes, Its no wonder we only have 4 wins.

I propose that any NFL QB would have the exact same results as DC if they were on this team with This O-Line.

Sincerely,

Homer <--- which incidentally is not a cut down , it's another word for (Fan)atic.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr finally has the big IT

Danged funny how much better Troy got once the Cow Polks put a few of the peices you mentioned in your post in place. Kinda weird huh ? Well may not so unusual.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #3
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

exactly.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #4
austintexanite
All Pro

nice, stand your ground. hope he plays well these last four games
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been amazed all afternoon that people can continue to start Carr or Young or "real fan" threads all day, and always start them with fresh ideas that haven't been articulated before.

On second thought, I forget most of what I read in those threads immediately, so maybe it isn't that amazing.
Old 12-08-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I know where he got IT too.

He bought it on
Old 12-08-2006   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I've been amazed all afternoon that people can continue to start Carr or Young or "real fan" threads all day, and always start them with fresh ideas that haven't been articulated before.

On second thought, I forget most of what I read in those threads immediately, so maybe it isn't that amazing.

I'm moderating a broken record these days. Thread after thread after thread of the same posts. I don't even care who wins this Sunday anymore. I just want the game to get here and get over with.
Old 12-08-2006   #8
TXN008
Rookie

Dantem....So true! I agree with you 100%.
I hope that this weekend DC does an awesome job, but I also hope that the rest of the team shows up as well.
I DO think that we will win this sunday.
TXN008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm moderating a broken record these days. Thread after thread after thread of the same posts. I don't even care who wins this Sunday anymore. I just want the game to get here and get over with.
Oh, you should care who wins unless you want a year o"we should have drafted VY threads"...wait, nevermind...
Old 12-08-2006   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Um, not all have been so fresh. Some have been merged. I won't be amazed if that continues all afternoon and through the weekend.

My addition to the list above would be:
  • A coach that will let the QB throw from the shotgun.
Old 12-08-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well hot shot...you start a thread. I'll read it. Knew it was coming since last April. The team is devoid of tallent. People are frustrated....what did you expect ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Um, not all have been so fresh. Some have been merged. I won't be amazed if that continues all afternoon and through the weekend.

My addition to the list above would be:
To get a complete list, we would need to have:
  • The threads that complain about complaining threads
Old 12-08-2006   #13
sleepwalker
Veteran

Well said.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing you forgot was:

A throwing motion that doesn't lead to an average of 3 batted passes per game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
During the Denver game the other day the commentator said Shanahan has taken the shotgun out of their game plan as well.
Old 12-08-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

I find the "will the roof be open" thread enthralling. Really. It is almost new stuff!
Old 12-08-2006   #17
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Danged funny how much better Troy got once the Cow Polks put a few of the peices you mentioned in your post in place. Kinda weird huh ? Well may not so unusual.
David Carr has neither the intellect (and I thought Troy was a male bimbo if there ever was one) nor the arm strength nor the accuracy to carry Troy's clipboard. Maybe he used to havew these attributes but they have either been beaten out of him, his shoulder is mush or he forgot. I watch Carr throw the ball up close half the games and he's not accurate deep or strong armed. He almost got AJ killed during the last home game with his crappy assed post throws. His mechanics may have a lot to do with it but to me it's not up for argument. Dude's physical skills are overrated. Or let's say misused. He can pose like Walter Heisman for the camera but put a 280 line man nearby and he's throwing off his goofy foot underhanded. He doesn't have the guts to finish his throw. Maybe it's because of the beatings. I don't know. Just know I won't be watching next year if he's our starter. He's done in my book.
Old 12-08-2006   #18
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Kubiak setting up Carr for failure?
Un-inspired play calling, no audibles, same formations, etc....................
It's like Koobs is still in pre-seaon evaluate mode or something...................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #19
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
David Carr has neither the intellect (and I thought Troy was a male bimbo if there ever was one) nor the arm strength nor the accuracy to carry Troy's clipboard. Maybe he used to havew these attributes but they have either been beaten out of him, his shoulder is mush or he forgot. I watch Carr throw the ball up close half the games and he's not accurate or strong armed. His mechanics may have a lot to do with it but to me it's not up for argument. Dude's physical skills are overrated. Or let's say misused. He can pose like Walter Heisman for the camera but put a 280 line man nearby and he's throwing off his goofy foot underhanded. He doesn't have the guts to finish his throw. Maybe it's because of the beatings. I don't know. Just know I won't be watching next year if he's our starter. He's done in my book.

He doesn't have the guts to finish his throw.

That has always been my main knock against Carr. Pull the trigger dude!
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I know where he got IT too.

He bought it on
You filthy plagarist. My good friend MorKnolle first cracked that joke about Vince Young back in draft times Then again someone else probably came up with it first.

And for those who care, he's still alive. Just not on the boards much of late.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read