Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Taylor to see action against Titans

In todays chronicle it says that rb Chris Taylor will play for the first time this Sunday. What are your thoughts? Is this a good move or not.
Old 12-08-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Taylor to see action against Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
In todays chronicle it says that rb Chris Taylor will play for the first time this Sunday. What are your thoughts? Is this a good move or not.
More than likely only on special teams. I all for giving him a shot. Heck, what do we have to lose? Maybe he'll be that diamond in the rough.
Old 12-08-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

About time.

I liked him in camp. Let's see what he can do in the real thing.

Dayne is a last measure. Lundy is adequate if he can find the hole, which isn't enough. Gado apparently isn't any better. I say why not give him a try?
Old 12-08-2006   #4
real

Great move....

He looked pretty good in pre-season...He's our fastest back, and the only reason he wasn't on the active roster earlier is because he fumbled...
Old 12-08-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some reason to believe Taylor will get the majority of snaps? I though Dayne was a lock to start and play at least 3 qtrs. worth (in total).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Some reason to believe Taylor will get the majority of snaps? I though Dayne was a lock to start and play at least 3 qtrs. worth (in total).
On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the same way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....
Old 12-08-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....
OK, thanx for the info.

Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the same way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....
Let's hope we're either winning or at least in a close game so we can stick with the running game.
Old 12-08-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good...........
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ems/index.html

Quote:
Chris Taylor, RB, Indiana: Many considered it a travesty that Taylor was not invited to the combine after a terrific senior season. At 5-11 and possessing 4.4 speed, he'll produce at the next level once he adds a little polish to his game.
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...ts/indiana.htm
Quote:
Chris Taylor RB Chris Taylor (5-11 1/8, 222) ran 4.55 and 4.53 in the 40, 4.24 short shuttle, 11.24 long shuttle and 6.99 three-cone drill. He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-7 broad jump and 15 lifts.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I'm pretty sick of the carousel at RB. How can Kubiak expect anyone to make game to game adjustments if they never see game to game action? Stick with Lundy and Gado...let Dayne go somewhere else, and keep Taylor around in case we need him, but be consistent.

I feel the same way about the carousel. I do not like this "Running back of the week" mess. I want to see a starter and I want to see him every friggin Sunday. I think that nobody ever gets into a groove the way the Texans are doing things and nobody ever will.

I don't even care who it is in this bunch (they're all pretty ordinary to me) but let somebody be our starting running back. Give somebody enough touches to get rolling. Dayne even did it when they gave him the ball in the second half last week.
Old 12-08-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Going back into the preseason, I liked Taylor for our starting back. I don't know why he's been on the bench to this point but at the very least he's our most athletic back. I'm a little surprised given Dayne's production last week that they're bringing him up, but then again, for perspective, we were playing the Raiders. So long as he doesn't put the ball on the ground, I think he'll do well. Will be interesting to see how my feel for his skill stacks up in the real game.

I agree that in general the musical backs is counterproductive to developing a rhythm, but Lundy has been too hit or miss at this point IMO.
Old 12-08-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You do know our starter is on IR, right? Kubiak didn't plan on losing DD all year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #13
cuzof26
Rookie

being a grad from iu i am happy for taylor to get some touches..with the lackluster run game all year i think this move was overdue....Whats the worst that can happen??23 yrds rushing?? enough said
Old 12-08-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like it ! I'm sure Kubiak very much wants to win this weekend, but he's still taking the long-term view most of all.
He wants to see what he's got at as many positions as possible where there's any uncertainty. When he's decided what positions require upgrading so he can set his priorities for the off season in FA and the college Draft.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Going back into the preseason, I liked Taylor for our starting back. I don't know why he's been on the bench to this point but at the very least he's our most athletic back. I'm a little surprised given Dayne's production last week that they're bringing him up, but then again, for perspective, we were playing the Raiders. So long as he doesn't put the ball on the ground, I think he'll do well. Will be interesting to see how my feel for his skill stacks up in the real game.
From this quote from Kubiak, I suppose it was because he fumbled too much.

Quote:
(on whether playing Taylor who hasn’t had a touch since preseason brings up fumble worries) “He’d better not. But now that you brought it up, yeah now I’m a little worried about it. No, as a matter of fact, I told Chris (Taylor) yesterday, I said, ‘Chris, why weren’t you on the final roster?’ Chris said, ‘Because of my pass blocking?’ I said, ‘No.’ ‘Because I wouldn’t get the ball downhill?’ I said, ‘No, you put the ball on the ground. So you better be ready to protect the ball this week.” So he knows that was on of the reasons he was on the practice squad, because he did a lot of good things. If he does touch it he needs to hang on to it. Remind him of that.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
Old 12-08-2006   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Taylor to see action against Titans

Quote:
Huh. Interesting,f irst I've heard of that. If nothing else, it'll be interesting.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #17
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzof26 View Post
being a grad from iu i am happy for taylor to get some touches..with the lackluster run game all year i think this move was overdue....Whats the worst that can happen??23 yrds rushing?? enough said

He fumbles, Cuz. He fumbles. Got to have the ball to score
Old 12-08-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

"What are your thoughts?"

Who is Chris Taylor? I don't hardly remember him. Is he the white runningback? Does he run a 4.4 or a 4.57 (something like that) in the 40? If he rushes for 150 yds. and fumbles once, will Kubiak cut him? Can he catch? Can he pass block, because he doesn't think he can? Can he be Carr's leader? Will he rush for more or less yardage than Young? Will he rush for more than Carr throws for? Will Carr throw everything to him? Can he break tackles at the line of scrimmage or after a dump-off catch, because he's gonna have to? Will he be consistant? Does this mean somebody else was deactivated? Why now? What next? Just how soon will Dayne come in?

Old 12-08-2006   #19
cuzof26
Rookie

i have heard he will drop the rock....but in the BIG picture of things.....good move...have to see what you have on the field in taylor before you shelf him on the practice squad forever....gotta be in it to win it

fyi--carr has 7 fumbles lost this year......so.......give the kid a chance

Last edited by cuzof26; 12-08-2006 at 12:43 PM.
cuzof26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #20
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
I think it's a great move, if it happens. However, I hope Kubiak is not like Capers was in this area--all talk and no show--anybody remember Preston Parsons (QB), who was on our squad in '05? There was a pre-season game where all the QBs were banged up except Parsons, and Capers was asked which QB was going to play that Sat--his answer was along the line, "...only QB I know will play for sure is Parsons..."

Parsons never played a down for the Texans and ended up playing in Denver last season....
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read