Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2006   #1
jteg25
Rookie

Default this is why houston sucks as a sports town...

I know im not the only one who thinks that crab bud adams is sitting in his office counting all the money that houston football fans....the same fans whose hearts were torn out when football left.....and laughing his butt off. God we must have no self respect. I loved Vince at U.T, he brought a championship home to texas, good for him, but he's with the enemy. One I consider to be worse than the cowgurls. He gets a cheer in the intro and thats it. Any "real" texan fans that cheer for him anytime during the game need to realize he is doing it to beat your team, not help you. Get some respect. I will never support the titans...bud adams old greedy self or anything affiliated with those sorry titans. Buying Vince jerseys and calling yourself a texans fan is just putting more money in that jerks pocket. He's pointing and laughing at you cuz he has you all on his little strings like some puppets. I may have rambled but man I hate houston fans for being so freakin disloyal.
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #2
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Default Re: this is why houston sucks as a sports town...

Agreed!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #3
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Loyalty will come once this team brings excitement and winning seasons. You know it. For starters we must get rid of Carr. He needs a change of scenary and its only fair for him. I hate bashing the guy, i really do.
Old 12-07-2006   #4
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

There are going to be quite a few pathetic types who will attend their only Texans game this weekend to whine about the Texans having passed on Vince. They will be instantly recognizable by wearing #10 TU jerseys, Titan jerseys, or holding their sad little protest signs. Big deal.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #5
jteg25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
Loyalty will come once this team brings excitement and winning seasons. You know it. For starters we must get rid of Carr. He needs a change of scenary and its only fair for him. I hate bashing the guy, i really do.

I understand people want a winner thats fine...i do too but come on to sell our souls like that to the devil=bud adams. I cant do that. I have to much respest. Yea fine, you want Carr gone..it looks like he is heading that way and I think Kevin Kolb would be a nice fit for the texans, but come on we need to move on...that prom date left us and now she is making out with our best friends in front of us....and most of ya'll still have her pictures on the wall...MOVE ON!!!!
Old 12-07-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For starters we must get rid of Carr.
Unfortunately Carr doesn't play for the Titans so I don't understand how you can say we must get rid of Carr.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #7
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

"#10 TU jerseys"

Hi Aggy
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteg25 View Post
I know im not the only one who thinks that crab bud adams is sitting in his office counting all the money that houston football fans....the same fans whose hearts were torn out when football left.....and laughing his butt off. God we must have no self respect. I loved Vince at U.T, he brought a championship home to texas, good for him, but he's with the enemy. One I consider to be worse than the cowgurls. He gets a cheer in the intro and thats it. Any "real" texan fans that cheer for him anytime during the game need to realize he is doing it to beat your team, not help you. Get some respect. I will never support the titans...bud adams old greedy self or anything affiliated with those sorry titans. Buying Vince jerseys and calling yourself a texans fan is just putting more money in that jerks pocket. He's pointing and laughing at you cuz he has you all on his little strings like some puppets. I may have rambled but man I hate houston fans for being so freakin disloyal.
Basically my thoughts.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #9
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteg25 View Post
but come on we need to move on...that prom date left us and now she is making out with our best friends in front of us....and most of ya'll still have her pictures on the wall...MOVE ON!!!!
Good post! Humorous way to put it.
Old 12-07-2006   #10
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Unfortunately Carr doesn't play for the Titans so I don't understand how you can say we must get rid of Carr.

I still root for the Texans, so yes, "we". Just not for this game. This is a statement game and I want VY to show them guys who they passed on. You should know that Hookem Horns, if you are really a "Longhorn fan"
Old 12-07-2006   #11
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
"#10 TU jerseys"

Hi Aggy
Nope.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #12
vinceyoungfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 vinceyoungfan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
why is that so hard to understand? Vince and the Titans has done something that Carr hasn't ever been able to do and that is beat Peyton Manning's team. You guys need a leader and Carr isn't going to ever be one.
I have nothing against the Texans or their fans. I just know the team isn't going anywhere with Carr as the leader. IMO
Old 12-07-2006   #13
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Yep, so true. It sucks that my boy vince was able to beat Payton in HIS FIRST YEAR. That does sting. And both games were pretty close too. I may be wrong.
Old 12-07-2006   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceyoungfan View Post
why is that so hard to understand? Vince and the Titans has done something that Carr hasn't ever been able to do and that is beat Peyton Manning's team. You guys need a leader and Carr isn't going to ever be one.
I have nothing against the Texans or their fans. I just know the team isn't going anywhere with Carr as the leader. IMO
Big deal. Young has never beaten the Jaguars.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #15
Texansfan36
Veteran

Quote:
I still root for the Texans, so yes, "we". Just not for this game. This is a statement game and I want VY to show them guys who they passed on. You should know that Hookem Horns, if you are really a "Longhorn fan"
It dosen't look to me like you're rooting for the Texans. Being a Longhorn fan has nothing to do with Texans vs Titans. VY is no longer wearing burnt orange, he's now the enemy. A "real" Texan fan can accept that.

If my words have affended anyone, I don't care thats the way I feel about it.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #16
vinceyoungfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Big deal. Young has never beaten the Jaguars.
big deal. Carr has never beaten the Colts. One of the best teams in NFL. Jaguars? Hahahahaha
Old 12-07-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You wouln't root for a rival if you were indeed a "Texans fan."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #18
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

I wonder how parents who have two kids on different teams feel. This is my case.
Old 12-07-2006   #19
vinceyoungfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
It dosen't look to me like your rooting for the Texans. Being a Longhorn fan has nothing to do with Texans vs Titans. VY is no longer wearing burnt orange, he's now the enemy. A "real" Texan fan can accept that.

If my words have affended anyone, I don't care thats the way I feel about it.
a "real" Texan fan? What is that exactly? You can be a fan of the Texans and still cheer for Vince Young.

Perfect Example here. I've been following the Titans since they moved here to Tennessee. I've always been a huge fan of Steve McNair. Steve McNair decided that he's not going to agree with his new contract which included a pay increase. So he is traded to the Ravens. Talk about major disappointment on my behalf. I was pissed. I'm a Titans fan first I will always cheer for the Titans even when we play against Steve and the Ravens. If we're not playing the Ravens I root for Steve. So I guess you're going to say I'm not a "real fan" of the Titans. I say Whatever.
When Steve was here in Tennessee this year I cheered for him when he came out of the tunnel. I cheered for the Titans the rest of the game. When Steve threw a touchdown pass. I cheered for Steve! It's my right as a fan to cheer for any player that I want to. It is wrong to tell people they aren't "real fans" just because they choose to cheer for someone not on your team.

stepping off the soapbox
Old 12-07-2006   #20
jteg25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceyoungfan View Post
a "real" Texan fan? What is that exactly? You can be a fan of the Texans and still cheer for Vince Young.

Perfect Example here. I've been following the Titans since they moved here to Tennessee. I've always been a huge fan of Steve McNair. Steve McNair decided that he's not going to agree with his new contract which included a pay increase. So he is traded to the Ravens. Talk about major disappointment on my behalf. I was pissed. I'm a Titans fan first I will always cheer for the Titans even when we play against Steve and the Ravens. If we're not playing the Ravens I root for Steve. So I guess you're going to say I'm not a "real fan" of the Titans. I say Whatever.
When Steve was here in Tennessee this year I cheered for him when he came out of the tunnel. I cheered for the Titans the rest of the game. When Steve threw a touchdown pass. I cheered for Steve! It's my right as a fan to cheer for any player that I want to. It is wrong to tell people they aren't "real fans" just because they choose to cheer for someone not on your team.

stepping off the soapbox

Good try at putting it into perspective for us, but you half to understand there is some history between houston and the titans..THEY USE TO BE THE OILERS!!!!!..so yea forgive us if we get a little over the top about whats a real fan or not but steve-o mcnair going to the ravens doesnt really compare....you guys have no history with the ravens, no years of broken hearts following that old team. No ill will toward their greedy money hungry owner who fired the best coach a houston football team ever had. See you dont get that. Never will..nice try

Heres your soapbox back

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read