Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2004   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a little progress report update on how Carr and the Texans are doing with their vertical passing game:

2002 16 games. Plays over 20 yds--31. Plays over 40 yds--5
2003 12 games. Plays over 20 yds--22. Plays over 40 yds--5

And here we go:

2004 6 games. Plays over 20 yds--29. Plays over 40 yds--3.
Old 10-18-2004   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
anybody that watched carr in college will know that he has ALWAYS struggled in first quarter, i dont know why but always came in strong. finished his senior season with a 65% comp 42 td and a lil more than 10 int's. i remember a constant he would always be off target in first quarter or at least first few snaps and then he would pick it up. im glad we have carr and if he was doing badly instead of talking about what defensive tackles/ends or o lineman we would be talking about what qb we would get. i like crr a lot because he was my fav player in college and unfortunatly i loved the texans because they got carr. but even if they cut carr i would still love em' cause they got a dam good top 10 reciever in andre johnson who no one his size compaires with his speeeeed and playmakin ability. he will be better than terrell ownes. mark my words.
I think he means:

Anybody that watched Carr in college will know that he has ALWAYS struggled in the first quarter. I dont know why, but he always came up strong in the end and he finished his senior season with a 65% completion rate and 42 TDs with a little more than 10 int's. I remember that he would always be off target in the first quarter, or at least the first few snaps, and then he would pick it up. I'm glad we have Carr and, if he was doing badly instead of us talking about what defensive tackles/ends or O-lineman (we need), we would be talking about what QB we would get. I like Carr a lot because he was my favorite player in college and, unfortunately, I loved the Texans because they got Carr; but, even if they cut Carr, I would still love 'em 'cause they've got a (oops) good top 10 receiver in Andre Johnson who no one compares with in terms of size, speed, and play makin' ability. He will be better than Terrell Owens. (OK, now) mark (his) words.

Why is it that these kinds of posts always originate in California or Chicago?

Don't mean to offend you, 3rdCoastPlaya. I just couldn't help myself. I know you're writing anonymously, but think about how many people will be reading your post and how many of them will have to read it over again, lol.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-18-2004 at 12:50 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read