Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-07-2006   #1
jagibelieve
Veteran

Default Houston, we may need some help...

I was just looking at the final few games left on the season, and something just hit me. I know it's unlikely, but hear me out.

The Colts are currently 10-2
The Jaguars are currently 7-5

That means the Jaguars are 3 games behind. IF the Jaguars were to beat the Colts this Sunday, and beat the Titans next week, our Division record would match the Colts ONLY IF Houston beats them. The Colts would have to lose another game, which is not out of the question. They have to play the Bengals, who are also in the wild card race, and certainly won't lay down for them, and they have to play Miami in the final week. The thing about the final week is they may be playing for a bye, or a tiebreaker for the division.

It is possible to knock the Colts off of the Division Champ title that they have owned, only if a few things happen. Most important is for you Texans to beat them in a couple of weeks.

You have already owned us (again) this season, and in the past you spoiled our chance at the playoffs. Your team has an outside chance of spoiling the Colts's shot at yet another divisional championship. We are counting on you guys to come through for us!
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #2
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis
Default Re: Houston, we may need some help...

0-9 all time vs the Colts, wouldn't count on it.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #3
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
0-9 all time vs the Colts, wouldn't count on it.

Make that 0-10 against them....

Sorry man, you are going to have to pray that by some miracle the Texans beat the Colts, because as of right now I don't see it happening.
Old 12-07-2006   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

As great a Christmas present as the Texans beating the Colts would be I can't really see it happening this season. Our offensive line is in bad shape with all the injuries we've had there, and I don't think we'll fare very well against the speed of the Colts defense.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we have a shot if the Colts forget how to run the tampa2
...or if we stick to running the ball.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to be at this game, so I hope so.......it could happen. We are going to need like 3 or 4 TOs though and a KR by Mathis.......it could happen
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember going to a few of those colts games where we actually had a good chance to win. Namely 2004 I believe we lost by a touchdown late in the game. now a good team would finish it out which we weren't and they were.

0-9, its time that undefeated stretch by the colts gets broken. like last year they were 9-0 this year they were 9-0, now against the texans they are 9-0. its a curse for the colts. that magical 9 number.

That is the only reason i think we will win come christmas eve. we are due a win against them and they are due a loss.

but i still say we beat them. and they still win the division.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2006   #8
titansforever20
Rookie

I thought the dolts went 13-0 last season before they lost one last year?
titansforever20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't care to help the jags whit *****... but we're beating the Colts...

it's personal.
Old 12-07-2006   #10
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

very interesting but it wont happen we will lose to the patriots first.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read