Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Half the stadium or more cheering for Vince"

Quote:
“It’s gonna be like a home game for Vince. He’s definitely going to have half that stadium or more cheering for him,” Hall said.

Teammate Bo Scaife, also a Texas teammate agreed, saying, “There will probably be a lot more No. 10 jerseys there than for their own team. He’s got the key to the city down there, man. He’s Houston’s prince. I think he’s bigger than everybody down there.”
Link: Nashvillecitypaper "Houston ready to welcome favorite son Young"

Puke.
Old 12-07-2006   #2
real

Default Re: "Half the stadium or more cheering for Vince"

I think it's hilarious....
Old 12-07-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I just threw up in my mouth racing for the trash receptacle.....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's kind of sad myself. Hey, it's typical for Houston though.
Old 12-07-2006   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

barf
Old 12-07-2006   #6
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I'll bet that if and when something goes terribly wrong for Vince, the crowd will give its' loudest cheers.

I'm a Texans fan. Vince can go dig a ditch for all I care. I loved the last few years of Longhorn football, but that is OVER. He isn't here, and nothing is going to change that. Show your true colors Houston football fans. Get on board or get to Nashville!
Old 12-07-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I will highly encourage everyone to cheer loudly for Vince when he's on the field.
Old 12-07-2006   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I will highly encourage everyone to cheer loudly for Vince when he's on the field.
on offense?
Old 12-07-2006   #9
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Can't take that advice. I'll be cheering for Mario, Demeco, Dunta, & co. Don't try to tell me you can do both either.
Old 12-07-2006   #10
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

This is getting almost comical! I like Vince, I went to see him play at the dome with Madison, and I even flew out to the Rose Bowl to see him bring the Horns back. But this Prince of the city mess is too much. Vince is very popular with horns fans and some casual fans but there are plenty of folks who could care less including some Texans fans. He is not Dr. Michael Debakey, or any true Houston heroes who save lives and make a real impact on a dailey basis. He is one hell of an athlete and a very humble and generous person but all this over the top love for VY like is enough to make the casual fan sick of him. That is not to say he is not an unbelievable athlete but some of this love is going way beyond football!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
on offense?
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Can't take that advice. I'll be cheering for Mario, Demeco, Dunta, & co. Don't try to tell me you can do both either.
heh-heh, I'm talking about getting all the Vince Young / Titans fans around you to cheer for Vince while he's playing. Of course we'll be cheering for our defense, but many of these bandwagonners won't know the difference and will happily cheer for Vince.

[/subversive]
Old 12-07-2006   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Unfortunately, you are correct..... I wonder when the Colts come to town 20%, 30% or 50% of the fans will be cheering for Joseph Adai... Next time in 4 years when the Giants come here, cheering for Strahan?.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be cheering for him from my couch
Old 12-07-2006   #14
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in Austin and the rumour is there are buses leaving here with tons of Vince fans wearing burnt orange # 10 jerseys to fill the stands.
Hmmmmmm somebody say conspiracy?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #15
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Are yall surprised? Of course there will be a ton of people with #10 jerseys. Heck even I went to the store yesterday to buy one.

There are more Longhorn fans than there are Texans fans. Anyone care to disagree?
Old 12-07-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

"Unfortunately, you are correct..... I wonder when the Colts come to town 20%, 30% or 50% of the fans will be cheering for Joseph Adai... Next time in 4 years when the Giants come here, cheering for Strahan?"

Nope, its just the VY effect. He is Houston's king. Nuff said.
Old 12-07-2006   #17
Titans309Fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Titans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden cover

This games reminds me somewhat of the Ravens-Titans game earlier this year. There were a lot of #9 jerseys in the stands, some blue, some purple.

McNair got a standing ovation from the crowd when he was introduced. But during the game, I am pretty sure the Titans-McNair fans in the crowrd weren't cheering for McNair and Mason when they scored the game winning TD.

Young is going to get a lot of cheers before the game starts. I just don't see the fans there going crazy for him during the game itself (though there will likely be more fans cheering for him than normal).
Titans309Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

No wonder the NFL didn't want to put another team in Houston.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yes, very typical.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Show your true colors Houston football fans.
I believe they are. That is what's so sad.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read