Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Major smack talk going on at Titans board

They're getting pretty nasty over there, and you want to know the worst part? A lot of them are Houstonians! Plenty of fans that "jumped off when the Texans passed on Vince" and are trying to hang on to the Oilers.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=21542

I was a huge Oilers fan, but they're gone. No former Oilers on the current Titan roster. It's over. While sad, it's true. Oilers are history. IMO, they do not live on in this version of the Titans.
Anyway, I read this board almost every day, and I love it. I've complained about the fickleness in here, but nonetheless, I know there are people in here that love the Texans like I do. Win or lose.
I seriously hope the Texans can take care of business and shut down VY and the Titans.
Old 12-07-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Major smack talk going on at Titans board

relax. they're are just way too many common genes floating around in possum holler.
Old 12-07-2006   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear you. Stop by their to check it out but could not stay long all the talk about how the Titans were not good while they were called the Oilers here in Houston and some saying it was because of the fans. You can not take what they say to heart because I read a few that sad Bud was a smart man. The one I like the most is someone said if you were true Oilers fans than you would have never become Texans fans and would have become Titans fans...wait I just threw up in my mouth a little sorry. Let them talk all the trash they wont like a Texan fan said on their MB they were handed a NFL team we had to start over from scratch.
Old 12-07-2006   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the only way to talk that trash talk is to beat them, and i mean beat them bad, only thing i hate more than eagles fans is the other AFC South Fans, so beat them baby
Old 12-07-2006   #5
whiskeyrbl

Man alot of those guys are morons. But I guess that is what happens when your bred by 2 people who when they get divorved are still related.

Old 12-07-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
...some saying it was because of the fans. ..
You are seeing first hand this week why it WAS in part due to the 'fans.' It was due to 'fans' who didn't give a rats ass about their home team unless it was winning. Fans who bailed after trading Moon. Fans who bailed after losing to Buffalo or the Chiefs. Fans who bailed because Bud fired Bum. Fans who bailed because they didn't like Ladd Herzeg. Fans who bailed for whatever reason.... It's the "give me a reason to root for you and I will" bandwagon crowd. Such irony.... I'm sure a lot of them sported Cowboys jerseys in the early 90's too. I went to every Oilers game from 1978-1996 and I see more "die hard" Oilers fans now than I ever have. Give me a friggin break. There's an element of this fanbase that's a bigger joke than what went on in the Texans front office the past few years, or what's currently going on on the field.

I was a big Joseph Addai fan when he played at Sharpstown and at LSU. I guess it's time for me to break down and buy that Colts jersey and start rooting for them.

Last edited by aj.; 12-07-2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2006   #7
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

aj, you and a few others are always who comes to mind when I think 'die hard'.
Old 12-07-2006   #8
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Man alot of those guys are morons. But I guess that is what happens when your bred by 2 people who when they get divorved are still related.
LMAO at that!!!! Good job!!
Old 12-07-2006   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
LMAO at that!!!! Good job!!
OUCH!!!!! Good one...
Old 12-07-2006   #10
brookspw
Rookie

Quote:
Well, I'm a Titans fan and I'm heading to Houston Saturday.

You've got a lot of nerve criticizing Tennessee when you have 4 mispellings and 3 grammatical errors in just 2 sentences.
Old 12-07-2006   #11
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
They're getting pretty nasty over there, and you want to know the worst part? A lot of them are Houstonians! Plenty of fans that "jumped off when the Texans passed on Vince" and are trying to hang on to the Oilers.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=21542

I was a huge Oilers fan, but they're gone. No former Oilers on the current Titan roster. It's over. While sad, it's true. Oilers are history. IMO, they do not live on in this version of the Titans.
Anyway, I read this board almost every day, and I love it. I've complained about the fickleness in here, but nonetheless, I know there are people in here that love the Texans like I do. Win or lose.
I seriously hope the Texans can take care of business and shut down VY and the Titans.
Hentrich and Olsen were both Oilers..........TN Oilers but oilers none the less.................... There are no more houston oilers left on the roster. Iwould suggest visiting other sites who are very houston friendly and love to talk football only. titanscentral.net and gotitans.com. Come over and discuss the game.
Old 12-07-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man alot of those guys are morons.
Let's leave the name calling out.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 338994 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
relax. they're are just way too many common genes floating around in possum holler.
Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
You are seeing first hand this week why it WAS in part due to the 'fans.' It was due to 'fans' who didn't give a rats ass about their home team unless it was winning. Fans who bailed after trading Moon. Fans who bailed after losing to Buffalo or the Chiefs. Fans who bailed because Bud fired Bum. Fans who bailed because they didn't like Ladd Herzeg. Fans who bailed for whatever reason.... It's the "give me a reason to root for you and I will" bandwagon crowd. Such irony.... I'm sure a lot of them sported Cowboys jerseys in the early 90's too. I went to every Oilers game from 1978-1996 and I see more "die hard" Oilers fans now than I ever have. Give me a friggin break. There's an element of this fanbase that's a bigger joke than what went on in the Texans front office the past few years, or what's currently going on on the field.
Word. And if someone wants to put a face to some of these fair-weather types, just head over to the Bull Pen on this forum and read about how we are supposed to "teach Mr. McNair a lesson" by no longer supporting the Texans in any way, shape, or fashion. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Houstonians beg for a football team (after losing the one they had), but then bail on the new team less than five seasons later.

I'm sorry, Houston 'fans', that your instant gratification impulses were not immediately satisfied by an expansion team. I'm sorry that you are thin-skinned and unable to see the big picture, that our owner is still learning his way, that our FIRST YEAR head coach is still trying to put the pieces together, that you didn't get your new toy in Vince Young. I'm sorry that most Houston 'fans' are sorry excuses for football fanatics...but you know what, we'll leave the back door open on the bandwagon, because you'll be back.* And y'all feel free to flame away, because you'll just be reinforcing what aj. and I are saying here.

*when we start winning, of course
Old 12-07-2006   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well im sure glad my wife a.k.a. cousin got me dis ol' computer befor last harvest. yeah she picked it up at the last flea market down in pulaski, Tenasee. i gots for tha ebay so i can find me a saddle for her and enter my 329 pownd pig in the livestock contest down here next febrarry.
Old 12-07-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 338994 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Major smack talk going on at Titans board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Well im sure glad my wife a.k.a. cousin got me dis ol' computer befor last harvest. yeah she picked it up at the last flea market down in pulaski, Tenasee. i gots for tha ebay so i can find me a saddle for her and enter my 329 pownd pig in the livestock contest down here next febrarry.
Jethro, which one is you?

Old 12-07-2006   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Jethro, which one is you?
Don't be too harsh DB. At least they know how to tailgate.

Old 12-07-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
here's to hoping they both have their trunks on.
You really think they know what those are?

De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-07-2006   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leave Aunt Mom and Uncle Dad out of this!
Old 12-07-2006   #19
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm My Own Grandpaw
Composed by by Dwight Latham and Moe Jaffe
Inspired by Mark Twain

Now many many years ago when I was twenty-three
I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life
My daughter was my mother 'cause she was my father's wife
To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad
And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
For if he was my uncle, then that also made him br'ther
Of the widow's grown-up daughter who was also my stepmother

Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son
My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
Because altho' she is my wife, she's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild
And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild
For now I have become the strangest case I ever saw
As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa
Old 12-07-2006   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79099 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL is going to see Sunday why Houston sports "fans" are some of the worst in the nation.

We are among the "Them"
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read