Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Im off the Carr wagon

I've been a Carr supporter ever since he came into the league however, Im not going to defend him so valantly until he proves his worth. Im not going to bash him because he has the skills but its time for him to do something consistantly for once.
Old 12-06-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Im off the Carr wagon

Congratulations on coming back to reality.
Old 12-06-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope we have a resolution to the issue of David Carr's furture
with the Texans during the upcoming off season. One way or the other.
But I dunno, somehow I have a feeling it won't be that cut and dried.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Carr needs to get the idea that our defense is actually kinda good. So he only needs to get the offense 21 points per game and we will win more than half. However he hasnt done that yet. I love Carr but he needs to prove himself.
Old 12-06-2006   #5
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I think Carr needs to get the idea that our defense is actually kinda good. So he only needs to get the offense 21 points per game and we will win more than half. However he hasnt done that yet. I love Carr but he needs to prove himself.
Without an O-Line. Without a running game. Some of you guys are funny.
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
White Runningback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80 View Post
The excuse thread continues....
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I've been a Carr supporter ever since he came into the league however, Im not going to defend him so valantly until he proves his worth. Im not going to bash him because he has the skills but its time for him to do something consistantly for once.
Here!!!! Here!!!!

I wanted him to show a little more progress than he has thus far under Kubiak.

Granted our O- line sucks but 1 TD in 6 weeks is just not gettin it done.

Step it up David or hit the road!!!!!
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Lost another one to Di-Tech
Old 12-06-2006   #9
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Congratulations on coming back to reality.
Congratulations on jumping on the Carr hater bandwagon with the rest of the so-called "fans".
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #10
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80 View Post
Dude, if you look at the last game and aren't convinced that the offense's inability to do anything was the fault of David Carr, than nothing is going to convince you that Carr is a bad QB. Carr had a ridiculously bad game. I have been a Carr supporter all my life (still am too), but the finger points to Carr on this one. All he did was hurt the team last week. Yeah, the Oline could have played better, but was David given an opportunity to make something happen? The answer is a resoundning "YES".

You know, Aaron Brooks doesn't have a great Oline/Running game either. Maybe he's a Steve young deep inside too.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I've been off the Carr wagon since we played the Titans. Carr hasn't performed at a level equal to the opportunity that he's been provided. He has a supporting cast now. He has a tried and true mentor in Gary Kubiak, and a proven offensive system to play in. We started slow on the ground, but we have a modest run game now along with two pro bowl receivers and an up and coming tight end. We still don't have a good o-line, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. You can sit back and say that he doesn't have a franchise LT watching his backside, or he doesn't have a pro bowl runner taking the heat off of him, but the bottom line is that for the money we're paying him he shouldn't need all-stars everywhere he looks. We could get very similar production out of a middle of the road veteran QB and save a ton of cap to build this team elsewhere.

I don't feel badly about passing on Vince in favor of Mario, I still like that decision. That top trio of players are all going to be good players, it was a win-win situation IMO. But I will be very disappointed if we don't address the QB position in some way this upcoming off-season. Whether it be trading Carr, cutting Carr, signing a vet to compete, or drafting a rookie to compete I want to see us evaluate some different options at this point. If they want to start fresh, that's fine, I'm cool with that. If they want to keep Carr, atleast sign a vet QB a la Plummer or Griese who has some starting experience and can legitimately challenge Carr for the position in camp, and make it known that Carr's place atop the depth charts is in jeopardy. At this point in his career, Carr isn't going to see a miraculous come around, and if our FO can't recognize that and atleast act like they're looking for alternative solutions than I can see next year being a very long one for me as a fan.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'll support whoever our starter is. if, however, there's a guy on our roster more qualified than our starter, then i may pull for the more qualified guy.

for now, Carr's our man. His play's been lackluster of late, but just wait till he guns a deep ball to andre.
Old 12-07-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm off the Carr wagon too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Back on it.

Old 12-07-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Back off again.

Old 12-07-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Back on it.

Old 12-07-2006   #17
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I unhitched my trailer from the Carr...

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Im off the Carr bandwagon too, but i dont consider myself a "CARR HATER". HATE is such a strong word. I mean its not like the guy is Ryan Leaf. The guy has the physical tools to be qb in the nfl, but i think his time in Houston is up. He will never LEAD this team to the promise land. A fresh start would be in the best interest for both parties IMO....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #19
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
This is why I hate Carr for this reason people like you. :brickwall
Yeah, that's a good reason.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's time for the team to look elsewhere for a QB.

Whether it's his fault or not I think the team would be better served to have a new starter next year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read